closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any watch you could of, should of, would of but dident buy ?

Craftsman
    Two Hulks. First time (6 years ago) I was offered one as they had it in the window. I didn’t like it so I turned it down. Three years ago after putting myself on the wait list, my name came up while I was out of the country so the dealer refused to hold it until my return.

One Silver Snoopy. I thought it was a rip off at £10,500 on the secondary market. More fool me!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    Two Hulks. First time (6 years ago) I was offered one as they had it in the window. I didn’t like it so I turned it down. Three years ago after putting myself on the wait list, my name came up while I was out of the country so the dealer refused to hold it until my return.

One Silver Snoopy. I thought it was a rip off at £10,500 on the secondary market. More fool me!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner monkey View Post
    Blancpain fifty fathoms no radiation re issue , purchased a SDC instead for some reason.
    Red submariner before the prices went mental .
    Snap! Except the one I saw was reduced to 40% off in the Selfridges Watch Room so would have been around £5400. I passed and bought a Hublot. Doh!

Re Silver Snoopy I had one from an AD and sold to WF for £6k! Ally (former member here of a somewhat right wing leaning) turned it down from 5.4k from me so that cheers me up a bit:)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Snap! Re Silver Snoopy I had one from an AD and sold to WF for £6k! Ally (former member here of a somewhat right wing leaning) turned it down from 5.4k from me so that cheers me up a bit:)
    Every cloud and all that

Can’t think of any watch I could have bought but haven’t and regret. If You’d asked the question ‘what watches have you sold that you should have kept’ I’d be here all day long! Most of them though only for financial reasons so I can live with that.

My father had a Rolex two tone Oyster Perpetual which he'd owned for 20+ years. When he retired he decided to sell it as he wasn't wearing it anymore. He was offered £1,300 from Austin Kaye but said he'd sell it to me for £500 instead. I didn't have that kind of money and wasn't into watches back in the 90s so I declined. Whilst two tone watches aren't my thing, I really regret not buying it as he sadly passed away in 2009 and it would have been nice to wear it and think of him. I'll have to find a photo of it and post it up.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Journeyman
    Should have bought a Heuer Monza reissue for £1800 new in the sales a couple of years back.. Not seen one anything like as cheap since!

- - - Updated - - -

Also a new old stock white dial Milgauss in an AD at RRP Switzerland last year was lovely too.

How sad, my dad wasent into watches and just had a cheap Pulsar which I still have.

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    My father had a Rolex two tone Oyster Perpetual which he'd owned for 20+ years. When he retired he decided to sell it as he wasn't wearing it anymore. He was offered £1,300 from Austin Kaye but said he'd sell it to me for £500 instead. I didn't have that kind of money and wasn't into watches back in the 90s so I declined. Whilst two tone watches aren't my thing, I really regret not buying it as he sadly passed away in 2009 and it would have been nice to wear it and think of him. I'll have to find a photo of it and post it up.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Seems that a majority of people that have answered have spoken purely of value then and now. What happened to “I wish I’d bought one because I liked it but I can’t find a good condition one now”. Does every collection have to revolve around “worth”?
    Just an observation.
    A fair sentiment but it's all about money, unfortunately.

You can locate a NOS/NIB of pretty much anything if you search long and hard enough and, more often the case, are willing to pay for it.

The two that come to mind that I'd have bought and kept are omega Alaska project and omega snoopy

Can't explain either. I had the money and should have bought. For whatever reason I didn't.

If it's not written, it's not written (fate)

I know this thread is about watches that one missed out on. But I'd just like to add that I had a 16600 sea dweller in 2009 that I could not afford to keep. V serial, unworn. Had to sell

I thought that that ship had sailed

But I found one unworn in an AD in 2011 and bought at £4000. D serial, paper guarantee. The AD had it in his safe for whatever reason and I bit his hand off.

I love that watch. I have worn it for everything. The only time I take it off is if it's uncomfortable for a given activity. I don't mind bashing it on things! It's got many many battle scars

Journeyman
    Someone once offered me a used Tudor Pelagos ETA significantly under market rates but I had only just bought a house and declined. Still kicking myself about that, there's every chance it would have become my daily and I could have been very happy with it.

Master
    Rolex Pepsi GMT complete set at Dave Duggan's in the late 2000's for £1895. I could have afforded it and loved the model but I hesitated, probably because I thought they would always hover around these sort of prices.

Master
    My biggest is probably passing on Kash's 5980A Blue dial for 35K or something like that.....I wanna kill myself back then lol

Journeyman
    lurking here gives me alot of anxiety

Blog Entries
    Absolutely pristine Patek 5127R fully boxed and papered from the original purchaser who wanted £10K, and not that many years ago. Needless to say it did not hang around long and at least it went to another TZUK’r.

Craftsman
    Just before it was discontinued, I had a Sea Dweller 116600 in my hand at an AD when I was out in Canada. The exchange rate was superb at the time, it would have been a great buy. My wife, who is still surprisingly my wife, talked me out of it and I’ve been after one ever since.

I was once offered a twenty pound note for ten quid.

I regret my decision not to buy it until today.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

I actually turned down a white face nautlius around 4 years ago at list as i was hanckering a blue and now i cant get both!

- - - Updated - - -

I actually turned down a white face nautlius around 4 years ago at list as i was hanckering a blue and now i cant get both!

Omega Seamaster 1000m (166.093), but couldn't decide if it was legit, and the doubt put me off.

Craftsman
    All retail price or less when Salloways closed - submariner sunburst blue, white gold daytona, z dial milgauss, explorer 2 and aquanaut on bracelet

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    Please guys, grammar

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    I’m so glad it’s not just me. The title of this thread drives me nuts! It must also set some kind of forum record.

Simon

Smile

Could the title now take you over the edge ?

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    I’m so glad it’s not just me. The title of this thread drives me nuts! It must also set some kind of forum record.

Simon

Simon
    I dident notice.

Simon
    You're not the only one (or should that be 'your' to maintain consistency?). There was a thread elsewhere with 'Military personal - WRUW' or some such. Drove me nuts, too (or should that be 'to'?)

Could of (sic) been due to lack of apostrophe on Tapatalk, used phonetic spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Could of (sic) been due to lack of apostrophe on Tapatalk, used phonetic spelling.
    Generous of you but unlikely. Does not really cover 'of' used no less than 3 times, though, does it?

Simon

Generous of you but unlikely. Does not really cover 'of' used no less than 3 times, though, does it?

Simon
    Not entirely serious and only thinking of 'dident'. Other mistake is common on TZ and an individual poster will use it every time.

2 years ago I had both the 5164 and 5167 on my wrist but could only buy one. I stupidly chose the 5167. I've been trying to get the 5164 ever since, with two price rises in the meantime. Very annoying. However, reading others' woes above has actually proved quite cathartic. So, thank you.

5 years ago I was shopping in Regent Street, I purchased a Belstaff Leather jacket which cost me a bomb. The bag they gave me was a posh cardboard white bag that was so big it had the brand on it in massive letters.

I walked into WOS on the same street, and the sales guy was eyeing up the bag, he approached me asking to see what I brought. I showed him and he was envious as he wanted one so we started chatting about leather jackets and Rolex, then he just pulled out a Hulk and a Batman both in there coffins from under the counter and asked if I wanted one.

I already had a Hulk and kindly declined the Batman because I just spent a 4 figure amount on a jacket....crazy why I didnt just buy the bloody thing on my creditcard

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    There was a time in the early 2000's when I was earning well, had received an unexpected inheritance and had recovered financially from my divorce when I could easily have afforded a lot of watches that I now hang my nose forlornly over as forever out of reach. Instead of a bunch of nice Rolexes or an AP or PP I spent the money on partying and cars. Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Yeah a Speedmaster about 20 years ago when prices were not so stupid.

But i bet people will be thinking that in 20 years form now about the current price.
    Or prices will be where 35mm camera prices are now and everyone will be wearing a smart watch.

Would be great to know for sure

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    There was a time in the early 2000's when I was earning well, had received an unexpected inheritance and had recovered financially from my divorce when I could easily have afforded a lot of watches that I now hang my nose forlornly over as forever out of reach. Instead of a bunch of nice Rolexes or an AP or PP I spent the money on partying and cars. Fool.
    ........:and squandered the rest