closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swatch Group loses in US court to 'little guy'

Swatch Group loses in US court to 'little guy'

Last edited by SimonK; 15th September 2020 at 22:24.

Good to see.

Master
    Does this contradict the case Rolex brought against some modifiers in the US earlier in the year? Or is the vintage aspect the difference?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I think it has more to do with American heritage (using the word jingoism is too harsh in this case.
    But it is nice to know small companies are able to preserve pieces of history. I have had some vintage Hamilton and Elgin movements from the turn of the century. They were amazing and so detailed thwt I cannot fathom why in the name of all that's holy companies cannot accomplish such level of detailing with all the lasers and tools available nowadays?

Can't understand why Swatch went after them in the first place. Did they think antique pocket watch conversions were genuinely going to get folk confused with the latest Khaki mechanical...?

Good win for the little guys

Wow, cool watches! Were it not for the huge size... and fantastic idea, glad they won.
    I guess using movements and dials that are out of production and clearly stating what they do made it fair.
    Good on them!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Some very nice looking watches there but the recommended service interval of 18 months is enough to make it a no. Plus having to send them back to Colorado each time to keep the guarantee running.