closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I Adopted The Wrong Baby

I Adopted The Wrong Baby

Through some especially good luck, I was able to get both a Baby Dreadnought and a Baby Willard recently. I was extremely excited about the Baby Dread, as I have always been enamored of the PRS 2, but could not easily carry off wearing its bulkiness. I figured the Willard would be a good 'backup' diver to try out.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered the Baby Willard was the better (for me) watch! It is stellar - perfect diameter for my tastes, has a blockiness that is reminiscent of the '70s dive watches ( think Eterna or ScubaPro 500), a gorgeous empty space dial, and a certain heft without bulk. Its like a great vintage piece only brand new.

The Baby Dreadnought, on the other hand, is a very nice and well made watch but falls short. It is not at all like a smaller version of the PRS2, and really seems to have a strong DNA connection to the PRS18. The case and bezel in particular remiond me of a PRS18 (in itself a great watch, just not what I was expecting). The choice to not copy the knurling on the bezel edge, for example, nor the case finish, are examples of the disconnect. It may just not be possible to replicate the Dreadnought 'feel' in a smaller size; at any rate, the PRS52 is a lovely watch with tons of character, but might better be named 'Dreadnought Light' to clarify its differences.

I'm still pleased as can be at the Baby Willard and happy for the new offerings in general!

Attachment 18263

Glad you like the Willard so much.

Cheers,
    Adam.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I was undecided between the Dred and the Willard but in the end went with the former and I'm very pleased with it and having seen a number of photos posted since of the Willard I feel I made the right choice for me.
    Last edited by Ed875; 15th September 2020 at 22:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    I was undecided between the Dred and the Willard but in the end went with the former and I'm very pleased with it and having seen a number of photos posted since of the Willard I feel I made the right choice for me.
    I know what you mean - they are both excellent choices and great bang for the buck!

Bought both and didnt really bond with the Baby Dreadnought to begin with.

Sold the Willard in favour of the full size PRS68 that I owned purely as I preferred the slimmer case profile, applied logo and oyster bracelet. Since then the Dreadnought has become a firm favourite.

Having owned the original PRS2 and the Voyager GMT I'd say the Baby Dreadnought relates more to the Voyager............

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jbravo View Post
    Through some especially good luck, I was able to get both a Baby Dreadnought and a Baby Willard recently. I was extremely excited about the Baby Dread, as I have always been enamored of the PRS 2, but could not easily carry off wearing its bulkiness. I figured the Willard would be a good 'backup' diver to try out.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered the Baby Willard was the better (for me) watch! It is stellar - perfect diameter for my tastes, has a blockiness that is reminiscent of the '70s dive watches ( think Eterna or ScubaPro 500), a gorgeous empty space dial, and a certain heft without bulk. Its like a great vintage piece only brand new.

The Baby Dreadnought, on the other hand, is a very nice and well made watch but falls short. It is not at all like a smaller version of the PRS2, and really seems to have a strong DNA connection to the PRS18. The case and bezel in particular remiond me of a PRS18 (in itself a great watch, just not what I was expecting). The choice to not copy the knurling on the bezel edge, for example, nor the case finish, are examples of the disconnect. It may just not be possible to replicate the Dreadnought 'feel' in a smaller size; at any rate, the PRS52 is a lovely watch with tons of character, but might better be named 'Dreadnought Light' to clarify its differences.

I'm still pleased as can be at the Baby Willard and happy for the new offerings in general!

Attachment 18263
    Consider getting in touch with the bloke who made this thread!

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...UTC-vs-UK-time

He messed up the time zones and wants a Baby Dreaddie badly....