closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rubber strap for my Rolex Deepsea - 116660

Blog Entries

Rubber strap for my Rolex Deepsea - 116660

Evening all,

Hope everyone is well?

A little bit of advice please. I’m thinking of buying a Rubber strap for my Deepsea (for a different look) as the bracelet is very similar to my Hulk one. I don’t want to pay £250 for a new one but if Rubber B is the best then I’ll have too!

Is there any creditable alternatives on the market. I’d prefer one that fastens to the original clasp if possible.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated and thank you in anticipation of your reply.

Stay safe.

Chris.

I like to think of myself as an expert on this niche subject as I wore my previous deep sea on rubber straps for nearly 7 years. Rubber B are imo the best. Tried the Everest but it just looks to narrow.

On the tang versus original clasp point, the ones that use the original clasp really taper down, I didn’t like the look. But it feels great with micro adjustment.

My preference was for tang on the rubber B. I ended up buying 8 of them to mix it up. I still have 5 and hope to get another deep sea to put back on them.

tz-uk73 will not be surprised to learn that I wholeheartedly agree with what he has said, since I own his old 116660 and it’s still on the RubberB!

I also agree that using the original clasp is a massive trade-off. You gain the micro adjustment but lose the width. Owners choice at the end of the day. In my case the tang version happens to give me a perfect fit so I’m not worried about that, and I love the width as it balances the head and makes the DSSD superbly comfortable. As a result I would happily use it as a daily wearer.

I agree they are expensive, and if you wanted to try the idea out without breaking the bank there are pretty good clones available through Aliexpress for about £13 or £14. If you didn’t like it at least you haven’t spent as much money.

At the risk of upsetting the aforementioned tz-uk73 (only joking, mate) here is a photo of mine to whet your appetite.

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 16th September 2020 at 15:32.

Red and Black Rubber B for me. So comfy...