closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Frederique Constant Highlife Perpetual

Frederique Constant Highlife Perpetual

Not a hugely loved brand round here but this popped up a couple of days ago and I do think it's rather a handsome watch. With quite a lot going on it still remains very legible probably due to the 41mm size and relatively narrow bezel.

RRP of £7954 in the UK, how do you think that compares to other perpetual calendar watches from the better known brands? I suspect you could get it cheaper from an AD too.

Only thing I'm not keen on is the interchangeable strap system which limits choice but if you're sticking with the bracelet that wouldn't matter. Can't find how thick it is either.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Frederique Constant Highlife Perpetual

It’s very nice. Saw it at the global meetup on Saturday.

No chance of an AD discount though with a LE of only 10 pieces. I think FC are the mist under rated brand I know

Strap system quite similar to Vacheron
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 14th September 2020 at 12:54.

I actually really like this, but given how the dial is marked, leaving-out the second hand it looks like an omission, albeit I know it is omitted on some other perpetual calendars.

Also, the dial design and implementation looks really low-effort in that image - very one-dimensional, like a stamped blank.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    It’s very nice. Saw it at the global meetup on Saturday.

No chance of an AD discount though with a LE of only 10 pieces. I think FC are the mist under rated brand I know

Strap system quite similar to Vacheron
    They're doing a Redbar 10nr ltd version, grey dial and red moonphase but the blue is full production numbers unless I'm mistaken.

Craftsman
    It’s a beauty. These guys take a lot of design elements from the big boys and create pretty handsome watches that stand the test of time. I don’t think I’d ever buy one though. For a true perpetual calendar, that seems like a very reasonable price. I don’t care whether a watch movement is in-house or not as long as it’s good, but I know many get randy for a bit of in-house, and this ticks that box. I love these strap systems and I’m pleased to see them catch on.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisance Value View Post
    They're doing a Redbar 10nr ltd version, grey dial and red moonphase but the blue is full production numbers unless I'm mistaken.

Yes you could be right I think. Definitely a nice piece

Master
    The dial on the "regular" Highlife automatic does remind me somewhat of the Aquanaut. As soon a I saw it it just hit me, although I wasn't brave enough to suggest that on the Redbar event!

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    It’s a beauty. These guys take a lot of design elements from the big boys and create pretty handsome watches that stand the test of time. I don’t think I’d ever buy one though. For a true perpetual calendar, that seems like a very reasonable price. I don’t care whether a watch movement is in-house or not as long as it’s good, but I know many get randy for a bit of in-house, and this ticks that box. I love these strap systems and I’m pleased to see them catch on.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    My feeling was that it was very reasonable for an in house perpetual calendar compared to other makes, plus I think you get two straps in the package, the metal bracelet and a rubber or leather I think which seems quite generous but also necessary since you have to use their strap system.

I do like it very much, proportions are nice. Didn't notice the lack of a second hand as someone noted which is a bit odd and I think they could have done an indice of some sort at the 12 o'clock position.

Master
    I also immediately thought of the Aquanaut dial, maybe that’s the intention. However that’s a pity in a watch with a design that’s appealing enough to stand on its own two feet, and a price where you don’t want something derivative. So for me it’s a near miss, but one of their best yet.

I'm also puzzled by the omission of a second hand.

What are the pre-owned values like on these? If you were to buy it, I'm guessing you'd have to be 100% sure it was a keeper.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuisance Value View Post
    Can't find how thick it is either.
    I’ve read 12.65mm

Journeyman
    The dial is very nice, but the bracelet/lugs are not for me. Were the lugs not so awkwardly shaped, an alligator strap would have made this look perfect