timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any console gamers on here???

Master
    Yep managed to get one amongst the scrum

Master
    PS5 just ordered easily on Very.

Looks to be a 10% Quidco new customer voucher there too, although only tracking at £25.20 cash back so far.

Bit of a bargain & so much quicker than waiting in a digital queue at Game!

Just ordered an XBOX Series S for my Son from Amazon! They are still available but no Series X though.

Well my PS5 turned up today, shame I’m away for another 2 weeks but after watching the lads who i work with spend most of the day in online queues or shouting at the screens as the item disappeared from their online baskets then i feel quite smug haha...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    PS5 delivered today, and then gifted to a friend who didn’t manage to get one, is isolating home alone & been made redundant a few weeks back.

He will get more enjoyment & use from it than me & I can pick another up when stock becomes available again.

Apparently it’s great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    PS5 delivered today, and then gifted to a friend who didn’t manage to get one, is isolating home alone & been made redundant a few weeks back.

He will get more enjoyment & use from it than me & I can pick another up when stock becomes available again.

Apparently it’s great!

Very nice of you, that is some gift to give someone

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

Apparently it’s great!

What an act of kindness and generosity, this made me smile! I hope your friend is able to bounce back very soon.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I'm afraid I just can't get on with thumb controls on modern controllers. I seem to have a slow brain connection to my thumbs. Nor do I think much of present day games. It's the good old PS1 and desktop for me. I've started playing Dusk that I downloaded from Steam. It's right up my street. :)

Apprentice
    Got PS5 just 30 mins ago from PlayStation Direct - says it’s coming in two days.

But I like PC gaming more due to how much better graphically games look on it.
    I'm not saying that games that look bad graphically are bad games, just that they aren't for me. That being said, I like the freedom PC gaming provides: choices of controls, graphical fidelity, mods, not being tied to XBL/PSN. I also love that PC games age more gracefully - a PS2 era game looks a hell of a lot better on PC than on PS2. My PC is so much more than just a gaming machine. It’s my everything from work to entertainment and gambling on the site.
    Last edited by Zurvan7; 15th December 2020 at 11:25.

I’ve managed to order a PlayStation 5 Digital from Amazon this morning. Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow.

How are the early adopters finding the PS5 and XBox Series consoles?

Noticed a difference when I upgraded from an Xbox One S to an Xbox Series S. Snappier and could game in 4k but not 120fps as my 4 year old top spec 4k Bravia can't handle it.

Then I upgraded again to the Xbox Series X and haven't noticed a difference at all, money down the drain probably or a new TV required. Doubt we'll be upgrading the TV anytime soon. Might upgrade my WFH space and include a gaming monitor but seems pricey to just run around and get killed all night on COD.

Master
    Series X here. Loving it, pretty much everything the previous generation should have been and wasn't. It's the same but much faster to an extent. But so many of the games just play and look so much better. I have since upgraded myself to a LG OLED CX48 so have been pwning in Black Ops at 120fps or there abouts :-) Destiny anbd particularly Gears look stunning. My Elite controller has been sent off to be fixed but the new controller you get with the console is actually really good.

Journeyman
    Still waiting to get hold of a series x!

Playing COD coldwar with mates on my Xboxone still. One of whom did get hold of a new series X and COD crashes on him 2 or 3 times a night in multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I’ve managed to order a PlayStation 5 Digital from Amazon this morning. Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow.

How are the early adopters finding the PS5 and XBox Series consoles?
    Really enjoying my PS5, which I've had since launch.

I've completed Demon's Souls (I was a huge fan of the original) and Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Both are excellent games and demonstrate the increased power. However, what I've really enjoyed is the new controller, the haptic feedback is brilliant and the adaptive trigger buttons make for a more engaging experience.

Of course, older consoles didn't have backwards compatibility, so not fair to compare in that regards, but what I've found is a genuine desire to replay old games. Borderlands 3 at 120fps with the new controller is superb. God of War, Ghost of Tsushima and Doom Eternal are all much more enjoyable experiences on the PS5 and probably how the now closer fit how the developers wanted the games to play/look.

Very happy with my PS5.

Master
    Had the choice of series S , X or ps5.

Doing most of my gaming on Series S . Was 4k on cyberpunk but usually I'll be 1080p and travelling so the tiny S is great for travelling.

Halo is superb on the S , not sure what framerate I'm getting but its silky smooth and so solid feeling.

Can't find a reason to justify the X until Halo Infinite and the S is so tiny and cute , sold my Xbox One X and PS4 pro for more than the series S cost me .

The loading times are so quick its unreal.

The PS5 I can't see anything thats really a killer app on it right now.

Get a series S is my advice .

The PS5 Digital arrived safe and sound from Amazon this afternoon. For the first time I had to give a one time 6 digit password to the delivery driver. Unfortunately I’m working lates this week so I’ve not had a chance to set it up yet.

Mario Kart Wii

Finally finished it...

Only took 13 years

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    Finally finished it...

Only took 13 years
    Ha ! Brilliant - well done for sticking with it

Craftsman
    Ps5 has been great so far. Super cheap games on the PlayStation store which some come with a PS5 upgrade. Controller is excellent. If you desire 120hz output, probably best option is to buy the 43” Gigabyte monitor with 1ms lag. Purchased an Omega Apex steering wheel stand and G923 wheel and pedal set and thrashing around GT Sport specii for £9.99, Grid £7 etc. Extra bonus points for 6 month free Apple TV subscription as well. Add a Toshiba SSD usb-C for external storage option to play PS4 games and it’s a pretty good package.
    Downside, PS Plus not as generous as MS equivalent but if your prepared to play 1-2 year old PS4 Pro titles the discounted rates for download are pretty compelling.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Stadia is pretty cool if you just want a little dabble in gaming like me. I played Sniper Elite on laptop keyboard and mouse and then bought a cheap controller for Assassin's creed Syndicate. You can pay less than tenner/mth for access to a variety or just buy the individual games in their online shop. Works great.