closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Today was a great day (boat and vintage watch content ...)

Today was a great day (boat and vintage watch content ...)

Today was one of those great days. It began early with a long drive from south Cheshire to the Norfolk broads, to meet up with noisyboyuk on his boat:

I received a great welcome (socially distanced of course) and plenty of helpful business chat ensued. It was one of those strange coincidences that we both work in the same industry and had a number of shared friends. Following on, watch chat and a lot of admiration from myself for a wonderful collection of vintage Omega watches

And then the main purpose of my trip - the collection of vintage Rolex Daytona. I had admired this watch in SC but it is so much nicer in the flesh. My rubbish photography below won't help either, but I'll try and take some better photos tomorrow. I have waited and waited for a new Daytona from my Rolex AD to no avail. But I'm delighted. This watch has so much charm and history. It is unbelievable condition and completely correct, including a sprung riveted bracelet. It is also a birth year watch for me - an added bonus.

Huge thanks to noisyboyuk for his welcome in Norfolk and for spending time talking about the watch, its history and pedigree. I feel privileged to be able to look after it for next few decades. This one, for sure, is a keeper.

Last edited by jpjsavage; 13th September 2020 at 17:04.

Master
    Congratulations very impressive watch and even more impressive collection

Master
    great pics! that Daytona looks superb. I am looking for a special piece also and cant wait to feel how you are now after finding it

Completely off topic but that reminds me of the boat from 'Jaws'!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Completely off topic but that reminds me of the boat from 'Jaws'!
    The Orca.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the one. You're gonna need a bigger boat for all those Speedmasters!

Master
    Fabulous looking watches all round!
    I’m just getting into Omega watches and Speedmasters are a minefield the same as vintage Rolex.
    Congrats on your new watch.

Just to be clear, the Speedmasters didn't belong to me (sadly). However, I enjoyed learning about them from noisyboyuk.

Master
    Congratulations, it’s difficult to explain how special these old Daytona’s look and feel on the wrist, my 6263 says Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    Congratulations, it’s difficult to explain how special these old Daytona’s look and feel on the wrist, my 6263 says Hi.
    I agree entirely. I knew the watch would look amazing, but having bought it off the pictures I was completely surprised at how amazing it was in the flesh. They really pop even after all these years. The dial is mesmerising in the sunlight. The raised hour marks glint, giving the dial a great 3D effect, and the silver Daytona text looks light blue in a certain light. Whilst I have some modern Rolex, this is my vintage piece and it is a good accompaniment to my 1969 pre-moon speedy. Very happy.

Master
    Fantastic collection of Omegas and a stunning Daytona. However, it's the boat that has caught my imagination, I would love to see more pics of it OP.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Grand Banks or cheoy Lee.?

Craftsman
    I like the Omega Moon phase watches !

Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    Fantastic collection of Omegas and a stunning Daytona. However, it's the boat that has caught my imagination, I would love to see more pics of it OP.
    Sorry, not my boat and I only took one picture (with permission).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Today was one of those great days. It began early with a long drive from south Cheshire to the Norfolk broads, to meet up with noisyboyuk on his boat:

I received a great welcome (socially distanced of course) and plenty of helpful business chat ensued. It was one of those strange coincidences that we both work in the same industry and had a number of shared friends. Following on, watch chat and a lot of admiration from myself for a wonderful collection of vintage Omega watches

And then the main purpose of my trip - the collection of vintage Rolex Daytona. I had admired this watch in SC but it is so much nicer in the flesh. My rubbish photography below won't help either, but I'll try and take some better photos tomorrow. I have waited and waited for a new Daytona from my Rolex AD to no avail. But I'm delighted. This watch has so much charm and history. It is unbelievable condition and completely correct, including a sprung riveted bracelet. It is also a birth year watch for me - an added bonus.

Huge thanks to noisyboyuk for his welcome in Norfolk and for spending time talking about the watch, its history and pedigree. I feel privileged to be able to look after it for next few decades. This one, for sure, is a keeper.

where does one get the engineer/mesh bracelet on those speedys?

Craftsman
    Congratulations on a stunning piece. I would have been tempted if my AD would let me sell A few 😂

Sweet Holy Mary there's some stonking Omega eye-candy there
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Stonking gathering of Omegas

(the Rolex is okay too )

Master
    Great post.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    That's the one. You're gonna need a bigger boat for all those Speedmasters!
    Quote of the month !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Great read and congratulations on the beautiful watch it is indeed gorgeous!!

I need more coffee, I just spent too long thinking how cool it was he had a charging station for his electric dog.

Anyway, lovely Daytona and lovely Speedmasters (miss mine...), congratulations.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I need more coffee, I just spent too long thinking how cool it was he had a charging station for his electric dog.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Looks far nicer than the current Daytona.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Some lovely vintage Omegas there. And congratulations on the Daytona, a lovely example - the condition really is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Looks far nicer than the current Daytona.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    I agree! I've been on the list for a new one for years but I think I'll just pass on that now, enjoy this one and think about other watches moving forwards (once I've recovered from the impact of buying this one ;) ).

Stunning Omega collection and great purchase on the Daytona although I dare say it must have cost a pretty penny!

Why do none of my friends have boats?!

I agree! I've been on the list for a new one for years but I think I'll just pass on that now, enjoy this one and think about other watches moving forwards (once I've recovered from the impact of buying this one ;) ).
    Pass on an RRP Daytona? You're a brave man!

Incredible holy grail I see, the Speedmaster with Lemania 1045 movement reference ST3760822 manufactured back in 1987

Cheers

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Some beautiful watches there! Love NB's boat too.

Isn't it nice to spend time with some like minded watch chums?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginpopy View Post
    Incredible holy grail I see, the Speedmaster with Lemania 1045 movement reference ST3760822 manufactured back in 1987

Cheers

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Yes, I think there might be two there. One was a lot thicker (automatic movement I think) and one was a moonphase? Might have got that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Some beautiful watches there! Love NB's boat too.

Isn't it nice to spend time with some like minded watch chums?
    Absolutely. So much better than having to faff about with posting a watch and just added to the experience of buying from a true collector, hearing the story about how he obtained the watch and has looked after it. Just great.

Journeyman
    Wow, I must say that looks like an absolute dream of a day. I grew up boating, though haven't had a boat in some years, and that is a lovely one. And what a collection of watches...! Even the electric dog is charming.

Congratulations on your new acquisition - a Daytona of that vintage is a dream of mine and it looks magnificent on you. Wear it in good health!

Congratulations on the fantastic pick-up, and a wonderfully novel way of doing it too. Ticketyboo indeed !