closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fortis Flieger servicing

Fortis Flieger servicing

I have a Fortis which is looking a bit tired, the glass is scratched, the bezel is scratched, the second hand has faded, in fact this watch has been to hell and back in a marine environment,
    Where would the best place to get a service and refurbished, I expect the service will cost more than the watch is worth but out of probably twenty watches I own it spends 99% of the time on my wrist.
    I have tried Genesis but they do not do Fortis.
    Any suggestion...... I’m almost tempted to retire it and buy a Sinn but that will mean another watch at the back of the draw.

If you're considering spending the money on a Sinn then why not send it to Fortis or a Fortis recommended service centre.

If you wear it that much it would be worth it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Seams like the main service centre in the UK is Charles Martin Watches.....who ever they are

There must be a good few private operators who could change a crystal and swap bezels.

For a decent watch, it is probably worth it, if you want to keep it.

http://www.premierwatchrepairs.com/ http://http://www.premierwatchrepairs.com/

These fellows did some work on one of my B42s a while ago.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
    I have a Fortis which is looking a bit tired, the glass is scratched, the bezel is scratched, the second hand has faded, in fact this watch has been to hell and back in a marine environment,
    Where would the best place to get a service and refurbished, I expect the service will cost more than the watch is worth but out of probably twenty watches I own it spends 99% of the time on my wrist.
    I have tried Genesis but they do not do Fortis.
    Any suggestion...... I’m almost tempted to retire it and buy a Sinn but that will mean another watch at the back of the draw.
    Have you got a picture of it?

Anyhow....if you have worn this watch a lot in the environment you describe I personally might prefer to keep the wear and tear and just replace the crystal & service it. Then you have a watch with character and memories.

Service and crystal wise I can highly recommend .olli. of this forum....website here

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    No picture?