closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Now THIS is how you do customer service. Tag Boutique Kingston

Now THIS is how you do customer service. Tag Boutique Kingston

Popped in there last night and ended up picking up the 160th anniversary Carrera 'Montreal' edition. When I was in there they noticed the Dornbluth I was wearing and wanted to hear the story - I told then how it was made to commemorate my son's birth. Had a great chat about watches and a thoroughly delightful transaction for a stunning watch.

Anyway today the sales guy sent me this email. Great, old school customer service remembering all the salient parts, clearly this was no rush job. Oh, and a pic of the watch.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 11th September 2020 at 19:22.

Is there any days in the week you don't buy a new watch Ryan lol...

Master
    You clearly made an impression as a potential high spend customer! The watch looks great by the way.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Looks like a good bit of salesmanship tbh. He’s not emailing you to pass the time of day or to say how much he enjoyed your company ;he’s emailing you to sell you some more watches.

That aside it’s a nice watch but,for me,the dial seems a bit ‘flat’....although that could just be because it’s a photo and in real life it’ll be so much better.

(start the countdown timer now....SC in......)

Very bright, my eldest daughter would like that.

I like the watch, haven't seen that one before.

Enjoy Ryan.

Looks great Ryan. Great service as well and the email a nice touch

10/10 for brown-nosing

Craftsman
    160 th anniversary .. really ..?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I do like it though . !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I do quite like that ,I’d leave it a while before you go back in so you can get your story right on why you sold it a week later .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    You clearly made an impression as a potential high spend customer!
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Looks like a good bit of salesmanship tbh. He’s not emailing you to pass the time of day or to say how much he enjoyed your company ;he’s emailing you to sell you some more watches.
    Exactly this. But no harm, no foul — that’s his job after all.

But the watch, it’s stunning. As nice as anything from Tag in a long while in my opinion. Really, really like it.

Master
    Really nice looking watch, congrats.

Yes of course the salesman is doing his job and looking for future business, but it was done in a very elegant way and I would be very happy to receive an email such as that.

Very opposite to a Rolex dealer as their sole aim is usually to try not to sell you a watch!

Given they are WoS group, you really should reply and ask for a steel daytona!

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I do quite like that ,I’d leave it a while before you go back in so you can get your story right on why you sold it a week later .

Ha! Usually I'd say you are right however the reason I bought this (and I didn't share this with the salesman) was to celebrate my 6 year old (who has his name on my Dornbluth) surviving last week in hospital including 3 days in Paediatric Intensive Care on a ventilator. I wanted something bright and colourful to represent the sunnier side of life and that the sun comes after the storm and this watch fit the bill absolutely perfectly.

I didn't get a penny off and it is very expensive for a Carrera (Rolex/Omega money) but I don't care a jot. So this will join the Dornbluth in being totally unflippable:) Anything else I've got remains fair game!

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Very bright, my eldest daughter would like that.
    The salesman or...?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Ha! Usually I'd say you are right however the reason I bought this (and I didn't share this with the salesman) was to celebrate my 6 year old (who has his name on my Dornbluth) surviving last week in hospital including 3 days in Paediatric Intensive Care on a ventilator. I wanted something bright and colourful to represent the sunnier side of life and that the sun comes after the storm and this watch fit the bill absolutely perfectly.

I didn't get a penny off and it is very expensive for a Carrera (Rolex/Omega money) but I don't care a jot. So this will join the Dornbluth in being totally unflippable:) Anything else I've got remains fair game!

Lovely Ryan.

And I’ll embarrass you now..

I’m on a WhatsApp group that Ryan is also on. He had shared a little of what he went through over those few days. It’s probably worth mentioning (as he gets a little muck flung his way on here sometimes!) That along with being a general good egg, he is also an inspiration to me as a father in how he dealt with it all. It’s great news that he is on the mend and this a lovely watch to mark that by mate.

Sorry to hear your news Ryan but pleased your son seems to be on the road to recovery. All the best, Andy
    Last edited by awright101; 12th September 2020 at 06:44.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fully understand the rationale

Master
    Good to hear your little fella is on the mend and an excellent idea to have a colourful reminder on the wrist to enjoy the good times; that's something we all should try to do more.

Good on you fella. I’m glad to read that your lad is through the worst.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Lovely Ryan.

And I’ll embarrass you now..

I’m on a WhatsApp group that Ryan is also on. He had shared a little of what he went through over those few days. It’s probably worth mentioning (as he gets a little muck flung his way on here sometimes!) That along with being a general good egg, he is also an inspiration to me as a father in how he dealt with it all. It’s great news that he is on the mend and this a lovely watch to mark that by mate.
    Well said Dave. I’m not aware of the story other than from this thread but as a father I feel for anyone going through such troubles with their child.

Perfect watch given the circumstances I’d say.

Sorry to hear of the troubles with your son Ryan, glad he's ok and good to have this as something to brighten up your day. Looks like buying it at list also brightened someone else's day too.

As far as reasons go to buy a watch, they don't come much better than that.

Sorry to hear you and your family have had to go through what you have - I wish you all well.

I actually think it's a really nice design.

Bright in places, for sure - but also classic in its overall aesthetic.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about the difficult time you have had recently Ryan. I hope all is ok now. Lovely watch btw. As for the email, I'm not as cynical as many here and think that a good old fashioned communication like that is an excellent way to keep in touch. Obviously they want to sell watches. We want to buy them. But a good chat along the way is no bad thing.

Great reason to buy it ,hope things continue to get better.

About 2 years ago I bought a Caliber 5 second hand but it still had about 6 months warranty remaining. It wasn't running bad but I thought it was a bit erratic so sent it to tag for a checkup. A few weeks later they said my watch was ready and sent it back to me fully serviced with a new one year warranty.
    The reason it was erratic? The usual. Magnetism. As a courtesy they gave it a full service. You really can't fault their customer service.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app