closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Latest Steinhart snowflake

Latest Steinhart snowflake

Limited edition of 200 although it will continue in production after the first 200. Difference will be the caseback is numbered for the first 200 and it’ll have hesalite crystal. After that it’s a mainstream model with normal caseback and sapphire crystal. Available only at gnomon in Singapore so factor in 20% on top of the $569 price.

nice looking watch a good cheaper alternative, just don't know how i feel about Steinhart and the whole design rip offs.

I get the a Tudor BB might be 4 x more expensive but cant help but think it better to stretch. Nice looking watch though

That does look good, especially the first photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it at this price point but I totally dislike that bulbous pip on the bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by watch.aholic View Post
    Love it at this price point but I totally dislike that bulbous pip on the bezel.
    I know what you mean - the Tudor has it also though. Original and the bluebay58

Another one here that doesn't like the pip, looks a nice watch other than that...

It’s one of their 39mm models

Journeyman
    Very nice watch, how does the 20% shipping work and how much are these in total it says USD? I presume US dollars. They have number 2-100 I think number 2 would be nice.

It’s a nice design, but of course it isn’t their design.

The original "blue snowflake" is lovely, and this - just isn't.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    Very nice watch, how does the 20% shipping work and how much are these in total it says USD? I presume US dollars. They have number 2-100 I think number 2 would be nice.
    I’m just saying watch seller is in Singapore so if you live in the UK you will pay 20% import tax

Good watches for the price but they have no shame. What next

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I know what you mean - the Tudor has it also though. Original and the bluebay58
    Better view of the monstrosity. Steinhart pearls are just hideous. It's not just bad on this one.

Master
    It is already sold out so 200 people like it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I’ve had the Steinhart OVM before and really liked it, and I like the way they as a brand interact with their fans and listen to them. But I don’t like this - not just aesthetically, but also it feels like a move in the wrong direction. Homaging the Sub - it’s how they made their name, it’s a common thing to do as it’s such a ubiquitous design, and they do a better job bang for buck than most. But they are established For 20 years now, and should be trying harder with design than moving on to straight up copies of Tudor as well - the snowflake hands are so unique to Tudor that this somehow feels more of a rip off than anything Sub related they’ve ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I’m just saying watch seller is in Singapore so if you live in the UK you will pay 20% import tax
    Just to clarify, Rusty, the 20% is VAT, not import tax.

My entry into the Pedant of the Week competition

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    I’ve had the Steinhart OVM before and really liked it, and I like the way they as a brand interact with their fans and listen to them. But I don’t like this - not just aesthetically, but also it feels like a move in the wrong direction. Homaging the Sub - it’s how they made their name, it’s a common thing to do as it’s such a ubiquitous design, and they do a better job bang for buck than most. But they are established For 20 years now, and should be trying harder with design than moving on to straight up copies of Tudor as well - the snowflake hands are so unique to Tudor that this somehow feels more of a rip off than anything Sub related they’ve ever done.
    I’m a fan of the brand and even run a fan page on Facebook for them but I am inclined to agree with you.

Correct Simon and not pedantic, just accurate. The 20% is VAT and you’ll be charged that on the cost of the item and the shipping. The customs charge is additional, as it the carrier's handling charge.

From 1.1.21 this will apply to EU purchases too....Brexit eh, who voted for that?

Back on topic, the Steinhart is lovely IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Just to clarify, Rusty, the 20% is VAT, not import tax.

My entry into the Pedant of the Week competition

Simon

I am quite surprised to see that they have managed to get the hour hand wrong, with the end too long.
    Poor error

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I am quite surprised to see that they have managed to get the hour hand wrong, with the end too long.
    Poor error
    Too long for what??

Looks good to me :0)

On a proper snowflake the front diagonal of the square on the hour hand goes through the end of the hand.
    On this Steinhart that diagonal goes through the corner setween the side and the end of the hand - ergo, end is too long.
    It makes it look like the hands of the really poor quality fakes that appeared about 8 or 9 years ago when Tudor Subs started rising in value.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut View Post
    nice looking watch a good cheaper alternative, just don't know how i feel about Steinhart and the whole design rip offs.

I get the a Tudor BB might be 4 x more expensive but cant help but think it better to stretch. Nice looking watch though
    Im with you on the "rip off",and there are plenty rip offs about.Look at the steeldive watches!,ive had all the ones they are offering but the "proper ones".
    Most are well made and at great prices but just not the real thing are they.

There’s a lot of comment here about “stretch” and “not the real thing”. I’ve made this comment in the past about Rolex and I stand by it. If someone loves a particular design but could never afford or justify a high-end watch, should they never be afforded the opportunity to wear that design?

That’s a very narrow and dare I say pretentious view of the world.

Steinhart mix it up with their own designs and homages and they clearly understand their customer base.

I really like this new watch and would definitely buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    There’s a lot of comment here about “stretch” and “not the real thing”. I’ve made this comment in the past about Rolex and I stand by it. If someone loves a particular design but could never afford or justify a high-end watch, should they never be afforded the opportunity to wear that design?

That’s a very narrow and dare I say pretentious view of the world.

Steinhart mix it up with their own designs and homages and they clearly understand their customer base.

I really like this new watch and would definitely buy one.
    My thoughts exactly. Steinhart clearly borrow some designs very closely and also make their own designs too. Also there can’t be many watch designs nowadays that are truly unique.
    I have a couple of Steinharts among other less and more expensive watches and they have a place in my collection. What impresses me the most actually is not the designs but the quality of the watches for the money
    Dan