closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The watch that started it all for me...

The watch that started it all for me...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you the watch that got me into watches from the around the age of 9 years old, I used to play this in class haha...

Loved this watch and years later I threw it against the wall in a mood because my dad had grounded me for something daft no doubt, I was never able to put it back together and get it working...

Lo and behold this appears on eBay, check out the price, I'm so tempted to buy it lol, never seen one for years...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CASIO-GR-...gAAOSwWzxe~eZm
    Last edited by Martylaa; 9th September 2020 at 21:31.

Now that's old school! I recall a friend having something similar.

My favourite as a youngster was the 007 one that played the theme tune. Would love one of those again. If not just to wind up the wife whenever I felt like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zoiksy View Post
    Now that's old school! I recall a friend having something similar.

My favourite as a youngster was the 007 one that played the theme tune. Would love one of those again. If not just to wind up the wife whenever I felt like it.

One of these???
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Z...cAAOSwf2hfUSH7

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Ooh, similar. But this had a silver casing I thought. But do recall a gold surround featuring.

Quote Originally Posted by zoiksy View Post
    Ooh, similar. But this had a silver casing I thought. But do recall a gold surround featuring.

Pretty sure this is it. By Zeon.

Master
    I had a knock-off Space Invaders one, but a kid in my class had the official Pac-Man one with a tiny little joystick that clipped onto the strap when it wasn’t being used.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    I had a knock-off Space Invaders one, but a kid in my class had the official Pac-Man one with a tiny little joystick that clipped onto the strap when it wasn’t being used.
    Theres always someone with something better haha...

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    I have a Casio fighter jet version, will try to dig it out

I used to have a Zeon Bond watch just like the one above. It used to bleep the Bond tune. There must have been a few of us on here with that!

Also used to have this "game" calculator watch...although the invader game wasn't that exciting, it involved "aiming" by scrolling through numbers 0-9 to match the steam of incoming numbers to neutralise them. Pretty dull!

Apprentice
    I remember a primary school friend having one of the Casio ‘Wrist Remote Controllers’. The fun that was had when the teacher rolled out the TV!

Couple of beers then get it bought! You’ll soon forget £250, you’ll clearly never forget the watch!

That casio racer watch is awesome, classmate of mind had one of them, and i remember wanting one.

This was the first that i really remember, recived it for my 9th birthday, possibly overkill for a child.
    (Not the actual one, bought a near mint one a few years back, since the original was lost at uni)