closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Barton Elite Silicone - recommended

  1. #1
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    4,517

    Barton Elite Silicone - recommended

    Just a short note to say how Barton has elevated their Elite Silicone rubber straps and put more expensive ones to shame.
    For 16 you get a very comfy soft silicone, pre-formed into a bend at the watch end to help it curve over the wrist.
    It can be two colour (about 16 combos I think)
    It comes with 2 slips, a short and a long
    All with quick change springbars
    It has 2 keepers, and the end of the 2nd keeper has a tag that mates with the slip end to make sure it sits in the perfect place and does not move.
    The buckles are available in whatever finish you like (PVD, brushed etc etc), and are very nice looking, not at all "generic"
    The back of the strap is concave to assist breathing and avoid sweat build-up.

    It is truly an excellent strap for the money.
    But be warned, you will get done for import tax.

    Here is a black/orange one on my Certina



    Dave

  2. #2
    Seconded. I was quite unsure should I buy silicone strap, because of most of them are real dust magnets and have tendency to stick to the skin, but this is not the case - Barton Elite straps are very comfortable.

  3. #3
    They are excellent and also available through amazon for 20 or so with next day delivery

  4. #4
    Grand Master Dave E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buckingham, UK
    Posts
    16,747
    I didn't know you could get them through Amazon, that's worth knowing! They are excellent straps.
    Dave E

    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

  5. #5
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    4,517
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    They are excellent and also available through amazon for 20 or so with next day delivery
    I did look there, but it seemed that the options (especially the choice of steel, gold, bronze or black buckles) were more limited there than on the US site, where the choice is total.
    I hope that has changed as Amazon is a much easier order, with no customs risk (I am fine with the tax, but the set fee for administering the charge ia annoying)

  6. #6
    I bought 2 Barton Jetson NATO straps direct from them a few weeks ago via their website. Took about a fortnight to get here and no charges. Lovely quality straps.

  7. #7
    Grand Master Dave E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buckingham, UK
    Posts
    16,747
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    I bought 2 Barton Jetson NATO straps direct from them a few weeks ago via their website. Took about a fortnight to get here and no charges. Lovely quality straps.
    You were luckier than me, I ordered in late April and my straps only turned up mid-June, plus I got the (expected) VAT and Royal Mail charges. Barton have still never bothered to reply to the e-mail I sent to their customer services address querying the whereabouts of my order when the tracking ground to a halt for a couple of weeks. I suspect I'll go via Amazon next time for peace of mind, it'll also be a bit cheaper I think, mainly due to the RM charge. Fabulous straps, though.
    Dave E

    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

  8. #8
    I got a PVD buckle from cousins that fits perfectly. about 3 or so

    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I did look there, but it seemed that the options (especially the choice of steel, gold, bronze or black buckles) were more limited there than on the US site, where the choice is total.
    I hope that has changed as Amazon is a much easier order, with no customs risk (I am fine with the tax, but the set fee for administering the charge ia annoying)

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    3,278
    I'm looking at getting the Elite Silicone in black with yellow belly for my new Damasko. Tempted to order via Amazon but I can't find an option to select the gunmetal buckle that will suit my DS30 case?

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    You were luckier than me, I ordered in late April and my straps only turned up mid-June, plus I got the (expected) VAT and Royal Mail charges. Barton have still never bothered to reply to the e-mail I sent to their customer services address querying the whereabouts of my order when the tracking ground to a halt for a couple of weeks. I suspect I'll go via Amazon next time for peace of mind, it'll also be a bit cheaper I think, mainly due to the RM charge. Fabulous straps, though.
    May I ask how much you paid in total please? Just trying to weigh up weather to order from the US or Amazon (can't find the gunmetal buckle on Amazon). Thanks.

  11. #11
    Grand Master Dave E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buckingham, UK
    Posts
    16,747
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    May I ask how much you paid in total please? Just trying to weigh up weather to order from the US or Amazon (can't find the gunmetal buckle on Amazon). Thanks.
    I bought two straps at the same time, total was 35.64, plus VAT of 5.69 and 8.00 to Royal Mail. So 49.33 all in. It's the RM fee that pushes it over the edge, really. The choice on Amazon looks more limited, but two straps there is going to be 39.00, so I'll likely go there another time, though I'm only looking for a standard brushed buckle, which looks easily available from them. If you were only buying one strap, the RM fee looks even worse.
    Dave E

    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

  12. #12
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    I bought two straps at the same time, total was 35.64, plus VAT of 5.69 and 8.00 to Royal Mail. So 49.33 all in. It's the RM fee that pushes it over the edge, really. The choice on Amazon looks more limited, but two straps there is going to be 39.00, so I'll likely go there another time, though I'm only looking for a standard brushed buckle, which looks easily available from them. If you were only buying one strap, the RM fee looks even worse.
    Many thanks for the reply Dave! I got a bit carried away last night and ordered a Black/yellow Elite plus a grey sailcloth from them directly but have since cancelled the order. Unfortunately the Elite combo I want isn't available from Amazon. The black/yellow Elite is available from Amazon but without the gunmetal buckle that I want plus it will be shipped from the US with what looks like a two week lead time at a total cost of 23.69. The strap WITH the buckle I want is available direct at 17.58. Adding VAT @ 20% gives us 21.10. Am I correct in thinking the RM handling fee is a flat 8.00? If so that takes us to 29.10. I'm pretty sure I can source a gunmetal buckle for much less than the difference!

  13. #13
    Grand Master Dave E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buckingham, UK
    Posts
    16,747
    Yep, the RM fee is 8.
    Dave E

    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

  14. #14
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    Yep, the RM fee is 8.
    Oooof! Amazon is the clear winner then. Many thanks for your help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information