closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A. Lange & Söhne 175th year honeygold anniversary watches

A. Lange & Söhne 175th year honeygold anniversary watches

Not seen any threads yet on probably the most important horological news of today, though if I'm honest they don't enthuse me - not that I can afford the trio being offered by Lange. First up the watch that will make Lange fans go gaga, the rattrapante split -

Honestly I find this a bit boring - it looks a bit like an IWC (no offense IWC....). Secondly, it cuts some features out compared to the Double Split - including the lack of split minutes. No doubt the fanbois will say it's cheap at €130k....https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/09/lan...-fa-lange.html

Next up we have the cheapest - the 'homage' to F.A. Lange. Enamel dial with a honeygold case. Looks alright if you're into this sort of watch - but a pricey premium over the standard saxonia thin at €33k. Bonkers, but I do think all 175 pieces will be snapped up. https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/09/lan...-fa-lange.html

And finally the grand daddy - not even selling your mother would afford you this monster. And you'll need huge wrists to pull it off - 43mm and a 16mm height is not small....https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/09/lan...#!&gid=1&pid=3

And a pic with all of them -

Master
    Blog Entries
    Brand is just class. I am on the look out for one second hand (see WTB) before I go grey.

Thinks the brand will increase in value in the next 5 years especially if the likes of Patek and FPJ becoming more and more unreachable.

Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
    Brand is just class. I am on the look out for one second hand (see WTB) before I go grey.

Thinks the brand will increase in value in the next 5 years especially if the likes of Patek and FPJ becoming more and more unreachable.
    Cool story bro. I wasn't really canvassing opinions on Lange as a brand but the actual releases here. Not really sure that the cheapest of the three releases here at €33k is more reachable, but sure if you say so.

Journe's are not that unreachable either? But I guess you really want the flippable ones...

Craftsman
    I normally love all Lange stuff but the rattrapante leaves me a bit cold design-wise. Agree with OP that it looks a bit more like an IWC. The movement will look great of course!

The tourbillon looks fantastic. If I added selling the wife and kids as well as my mother, do you think it will be enough to swing it!?

BW,
    Chi Kai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ctam View Post
    I normally love all Lange stuff but the rattrapante leaves me a bit cold design-wise. Agree with OP that it looks a bit more like an IWC. The movement will look great of course!

The tourbillon looks fantastic. If I added selling the wife and kids as well as my mother, do you think it will be enough to swing it!?

BW,
    Chi Kai

The movement is nice, but it lacks some of the depth being a flatter construction. But yea, Lange need to up their designs in my book. Too conservative, but clearly appeals to their base.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Cool story bro. I wasn't really canvassing opinions on Lange as a brand but the actual releases here. Not really sure that the cheapest of the three releases here at €33k is more reachable, but sure if you say so.

Journe's are not that unreachable either? But I guess you really want the flippable ones...
    Not as cool as your story bro. Appreciate you weren’t canvassing in general but hey, I let you have that bit for free.

Those three are very nice but not really in my budget.

FPJ are getting pretty unreachable IMO. Price sky rocketing across the board really. Halo effect from the CBlue going nuts. Don’t have any particular interest in the brand either way.

ALS could easily become the next brand to get the instagram treatment and the like of watchbox buying up to start to control prices. I am hoping not as they will quickly go outside of my reach.

Not as cool as your story bro. Appreciate you weren’t canvassing in general but hey, I let you have that bit for free.

Those three are very nice but not really in my budget.

FPJ are getting pretty unreachable IMO. Price sky rocketing across the board really. Halo effect from the CBlue going nuts. Don’t have any particular interest in the brand either way.

ALS could easily become the next brand to get the instagram treatment and the like of watchbox buying up to start to control prices. I am hoping not as they will quickly go outside of my reach.
    yea sorry about that, was far too easy.....

I do not think ALS will go that way - branding not as good as say Patek. And they don't have an 'it' model like the nautilus and CB. Maybe the Odysseus, but I don't think that is quite in that hype league yet.

I also think they're expensive as it is - take out the base saxonia, and the rest is $$$$$. Plus in terms of how many watches Lange produce, it's way more than Journe. I do not think it'd be that easy to buy up supply in the same way to control the market. There are 113 datographs on chrono24 for instance....

Master
    Blog Entries
    I hope they don’t go crazy. Makes it a non functioning market. The oddy seems to have a fair hype and are 50 grand (double RRP). I believe ALS allocate these directly rather than the AD. Even the Saxonia range has a very wide price range with the model like.

They are expensive enough is right but it seems grey market is 20-25 percent off rrp. Fair enough on the relative numbers making it harder to control the price market but it’s a richemont brand and then with watchfinder also being richemont then it’s not outside scope of it potentially happens.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    yea sorry about that, was far too easy.....

I do not think ALS will go that way - branding not as good as say Patek. And they don't have an 'it' model like the nautilus and CB. Maybe the Odysseus, but I don't think that is quite in that hype league yet.

I also think they're expensive as it is - take out the base saxonia, and the rest is $$$$$. Plus in terms of how many watches Lange produce, it's way more than Journe. I do not think it'd be that easy to buy up supply in the same way to control the market. There are 113 datographs on chrono24 for instance....

I really like ALS as a brand but these are not to my liking. Recently they’ve gone down the route of making a lot of the more complicated watches look like everything else from every other brand, IWC, JLC, etc. Maybe a Richemont gremlin. The datograph perpetual is much more my kind of thing.

Lots of smoke an mirrors here, Journe only make so many watches a year true, but the price increases are a little more manufactured.

Go back 4 years and the few ADs struggled to shift CBs at 15k
    However throw in some convenient production issues, and then have Watchbox (owned by Govberg who are an FPJ AD) hoover up any FPJ they could.
    Drying up the secondary market, and allowing them to control the market value..... and unfortunately the way the watch world is, a brand that struggled to sell to the mainstream is suddenly hot proprety since folk want what they can't get.

Even after the Centigraphe was discontinued, WF was sitting on one for almost year at around 33k. Any other "hot" brand would have seen that price double, not sit 20k under RRP for ages.

All it takes is a situation like the current crisis hit a company like Govberg hard and they need to liquid stock they are sitting on, i wouldn't be suprised is there is sharp drop in the secondary values over the next couple of years.

Craftsman
    They even have a triple split . You have to admire them pushing the boundaries.

https://ablogtowatch.com/wp-content/...e-Split-6.jpeg

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CatalystGuy View Post
    They even have a triple split . You have to admire them pushing the boundaries.

https://ablogtowatch.com/wp-content/...e-Split-6.jpeg

Think Watchfinder do a nice video on that watch

The ''grand daddy'' looks like Christmas on a wrist.

I respect and appreciate the ALS brand but their watches are not for me even if I could afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    The ''grand daddy'' looks like Christmas on a wrist.

I respect and appreciate the ALS brand but their watches are not for me even if I could afford them.
    Yep, but that monstrosity at 6 o'clock completely ruins an otherwise interesting and practical dial.

The simple 2 hander is gorgeous, if somewhat overpriced.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.