closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Know absolutely nothing at all about Sky tv

Know absolutely nothing at all about Sky tv

So I have never had sky TV.

I bought my Dad a new TV and the guy who fitted it said that basically dad's old box (sky plus?? At least ten years old) Was on its last legs and was causing a fuzzy picture (leaving aside it is a HD only box ) and he should replace it.

Now I believe that they do not make sky plus boxes anymore and I think a Sky Q is the only option?

How much lube do I need before ringing Sky ?

None. Say you want an upgrade to q as a long term customer of your leaving. If you joined as a new customer after a month you'd get a new q box for free anyway.

I pay £50/month for sky q hd, line rental and fiber unlimited inc boxsets.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    So I have never had sky TV.

I bought my Dad a new TV and the guy who fitted it said that basically dad's old box (sky plus?? At least ten years old) Was on its last legs and was causing a fuzzy picture (leaving aside it is a HD only box ) and he should replace it.

Now I believe that they do not make sky plus boxes anymore and I think a Sky Q is the only option?

How much lube do I need before ringing Sky ?
    How about a pre-owned one ??
    There's millions on ebay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    How about a pre-owned one ??
    There's millions on ebay.
    If all your Dad needs is a more up to date HD box just look on E Bay but remember to take his card out of the old box.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Buy a box on eBay don’t go sky q it’s a rip off as the boxes are never yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So out of all the options on ebay for a box which is the most update one? As there are a range of boxes.

I’ve got one your Dad can have mate. PM me your number (if I don’t already have it) and I’ll send you some pic(k)s.

A sky had box will do - the same as he has got is easy to copy the wiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    I’ve got one your Dad can have mate. PM me your number (if I don’t already have it) and I’ll send you some pic(k)s.

Cheers mate - I'll message you in a bit.

Master
    I think I’ve got an old Sky HD box, so if the other offer falls through, you can have mine.

Craftsman
    If he’s not fussed on the sky premium channels the new tv might have freesat HD.

As others say eBay for a cheap box, although first step would be to call sky and say you’re leaving before the box is faulty. They’ll give you the bs about paying just play the waiting game, they’ll fold give him a new box and discount.

Assuming he’s not trapped in a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    If he’s not fussed on the sky premium channels the new tv might have freesat HD.

As others say eBay for a cheap box, although first step would be to call sky and say you’re leaving before the box is faulty. They’ll give you the bs about paying just play the waiting game, they’ll fold give him a new box and discount.

Assuming he’s not trapped in a contract.
    Thats what i did in the end. Got a freesat box and ran a freeview box next to it so i could switch between them for more than enough channels.

Master
    You'll find HD boxes at bootfairs and on ebay for pennies. They are also a good source for 500gb (and larger) Hard Disks.

I get through a few of them over here in France (1 blown up, and 1 stopped working in the past 2 months). My sister just picked me 2 up on ebay that were local to her and collect only. They set me back £2.99 for the pair of them.............worth it for the remotes alone