closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Baby Dreadnought review

Baby Dreadnought review

It's in Spanish but if you open it in Chrome you can see it in English.

https://tiempodinamico.blogspot.com/...mefactors.html

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries
    Qué?

Getting the attention deserved I guess.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Journeyman
    I don't have Chrome on my Mac, so I have used Google Translate - I hope it is acceptable to post this (no amendments made, and no pics):

Opss !! ... news from Timefactors. Eddie Platts strikes again and does so with a very very tempting watch. The reduced version of one of the divers most sought after by collectors (and that has appreciated the most since its introduction).

The Dreadnought launched in 2003 was a limited edition of 200 units, with a case diameter of 44 mm and a weight of about 260 grams, whose revaluation I would consider spectacular (in fact there are some units on Ebay and other portals with exorbitant prices of more of 3000 euros).

There are still very few snapshots of this PRS-52 outside other than those that can be consulted on the company's website. Although I have rescued some on Facebook to try to support some impressions that the watch has caused me.

One of them is its very careful sandblasted finish of the case, which offers a really technical look and so perfect that some fans have asked the company if it was a steel hardening treatment similar to that applied by Sinn for example.

Another aspect that has caught my attention is the very good readability of the dial thanks to its clean design, matte black color and plongeur needle set. In addition, I assume that its reading in low light conditions will be excellent since it is used both in SuperLuminova X1-C3 hands and hour markers, the most powerful available (although this assessment is not confirmed in the only illustrative photography of lumen performance that I have found).

From a technical point of view you cannot put a but. It is submersible up to 300 meters and antimagnetic up to 20,000 A / m. Threaded crown. 120 click bezel and 2.5 mm thick sapphire crystal.

As a good diver, its back cover is blind and provides the engraving that you can see, of military origin and already present in other models of the firm.

It covers an antimagnetic protection that covers the caliber, in this case the well-known, ubiquitous and well-regarded Miyota 9015. In this regard, there will be no major drawbacks here. The following images show some other detail, such as the Viton ring to ensure the sealing of the cover, which only confirms that the firm has taken the watch's tool or instrument character very seriously.

Who is this new Dreadnought for? Of course, for those who, due to personal preferences or the anatomy of their wrist, prefer divers with a contained diameter (you know that this is not exactly my case).

And also for anyone who has in mind to acquire a very well-built diver at a more than competitive price: 360 pounds sterling, just under 400 euros at the exchange rate. There would still be a third group: those who have been very aware of the spectacular revaluation of the 2003 Dreadnought. For them, at the moment, I do not have information about whether this new model is also a limited edition (I suspect not, because it carries available some days on the company's website and if it had been an LE they would have already flown ...). Of course, the same could happen with this model in a few years if Mr Platts decides not to keep it available for too long. But of course, only he knows that ...

Apprentice
    Just ordered one :D

This sites gonna bankrupt me! hehehe

Looking forward to receiving it!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It's in Spanish but if you open it in Chrome you can see it in English.

https://tiempodinamico.blogspot.com/...mefactors.html

Eddie
    The cheeky bugger has used my pictures from Facebook.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    The cheeky bugger has used my pictures from Facebook.
    "There are still very few snapshots of this PRS-52 outside other than those that can be consulted on the company's website. Although I have rescued some on Facebook to try to support some impressions that the watch has caused me"

:D :D