closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The current model two-tone Daytona (116503) - is this waitlisted?

Journeyman

The current model two-tone Daytona (116503) - is this waitlisted?

Hello all,
    I've had my eye on a two-tone Daytona for a while, and while everyone else is focussed on Subs and OPs, i thought i'd try and pick one up. I see that on the used market, they seem to trade at or just over retail (£14k) ; my AD (with whom i liked to think i have a fairly decent relationship) sourced one and told me he could only hold it for me for a day or so, essentially implying it was essentially a 'hot' watch. What is the reality? Are they waitlisted? Or can i find one of these at pretty much instantly at any AD without a buying history? Is there much diffeence between dial variants? I was looking at champagne, but would be good to know if white or black is more popular. I think the silver was discontinued with the 116523, if i'm not mistaken.
    It shouldn't really affect my decision, but before forking out it would be good to know whether this purchase is effectively a favour from the AD to me, or in fact from me to the AD.
    Thank you vm.
    John

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    If you like it, buy it.

What else matters?
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Haywood has two on his site at £10.4k each, might be worth a look and a train ride to Liverpool.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    If you like it, buy it.

What else matters?
    +1, I like bimetal watches but they do split opinions. It's a lot of money to spend but if you like the watch enough then buy it and don`t fret about whether it's a great deal or not.

Fortunately I own a fairly rare bimetal Speedmaster automatic that scratches the same itch for around 10% of the price, one of my better purchase several years ago.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Haywood has two on his site at £10.4k each, might be worth a look and a train ride to Liverpool.
    Thank you Wallasey ; the two at Haywoods are the previous model, 116523. They're very similar, admittedly.

Agreed with the "if you like it, buy it" ethos, and i very probably will, but along with spending £14k, i'd like to know whether i should be treating this as a 'take' from my helpful AD, or a 'give' to him, assuming it's something he doesn't easily sell.

It would make it a more informed purchase, which i think is always wise.

Generally speaking you can get two tone models without too much fuss. Daytonas are a little trickier. It’s not a favour either way but I think if you like it, you should be buying it brand new from the AD. While you’re there mention you’re after the ceramic version as your next watch. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk