There's a gouger on bayofthieves selling at $2K - think I'll pass
    Simply open mouthed in disbelief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Plus vat

So glad able to get the silver jubilee edition this morning. It would be a great edition next to my prs32 and prs29a.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefboredpanda View Post
    So glad able to get the silver jubilee edition this morning. It would be a great edition next to my prs32 and prs29a.
    How? lol ...you are the luck one... i've got in the basket but the checkout button was not there on the web page...

Quote Originally Posted by oca9i View Post
    How? lol ...you are the luck one... i've got in the basket but the checkout button was not there on the web page...
    Yeah got so lucky. I missed it the last time, this time I kept refreshing my page every second despite Verstappen great performance today made me glued on TV for a while

Third time unlucky for me as well, I got further than I have on the previous occasions but still no joy, I can understand why some give up trying but I will have another go if there is a next time.

Sent from my HRY-LX1T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cornish Bob; 12th December 2021 at 19:12.

Silver Jubilee Everest

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish Bob View Post
    Third time unlucky fo me as well, I got further than I have on the previous occasions but still no joy, I can understand why some give up trying but I will have another go if there is a next time.

Just think how much sweeter it will be when you do finally get your order in

Last edited by adg31; 12th December 2021 at 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I think that there's been a limit on how many Silver Jubilee's have been made available up to now, so more to come in January.

R

Just what I want to hear!

Fag packet maths; these have been in three sales windows, Eddie allows 200-ish sales per window, that's 600 sales. Take off 100 monopushers, that's 500 "others". There are 500 Silver Jubilees but we know Eddie has sold other watches and limited the number of SJs in each window so there are definitely some SJs left for 2022!

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Asking $2k. Absolutely no danger of it selling, I reckon.

If it does I might have to reassess the better half's Christmas present...

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Fag packet maths; these have been in three sales windows, Eddie allows 200-ish sales per window, that's 600 sales. Take off 100 monopushers, that's 500 "others". There are 500 Silver Jubilees but we know Eddie has sold other watches and limited the number of SJs in each window so there are definitely some SJs left for 2022!
    I think Eddie confirmed that there were only 50 of the Silver Jubilee released this time so there should still be an opportunity to get one next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Asking $2k. Absolutely no danger of it selling, I reckon.

If it does I might have to reassess the better half's Christmas present...
    He sold a regular Everest for $900.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    He sold a regular Everest for $900.
    Do you think he’s a member on here, Monsieur Poirot?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Do you think he’s a member on here, Monsieur Poirot?

R
    I obviously had a look, checked his past sales (you'd be disappointed if I hadn't).

No hint about a current member. Given his sales and some other traces on the interwebs, I think he really is from New York, Brooklyn more precisely.

Given his turnover of Smiths watches, I would say that Eddie must know who he is. If not, here is a hint:

Journeyman
    I live in NYC (but not Brooklyn) and can confirm that it's not me.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

He's from Astoria.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    He's from Astoria.

Eddie
    Must have a super fast internet connection...!

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    He's from Astoria.

Eddie
    Brooklyn was very close then...

It really disgust me how flipper like that just bought the hard to get watches over and over again just to resell it at ridiculous price. To buy one, and sell it at market price if you don't connect with the item is fine, but he sold 4 everest already before. Should've just leave it for people who really appreciate the watch

Quote Originally Posted by Chefboredpanda View Post
    It really disgust me how flipper like that just bought the hard to get watches over and over again just to resell it at ridiculous price. To buy one, and sell it at market price if you don't connect with the item is fine, but he sold 4 everest already before. Should've just leave it for people who really appreciate the watch
    That is not flipping. Flipping is buying, trying and selling at high frequency. What this guy does is dealing, nothing else. He buys the same watches again and again with the only intention to make a profit.

Dealing it certainly is, and it is an opportunist making hay whilst he can devote the time and resource to the TF buying window and get results.
    He is not fussed about any "shortage" for forum members, and why should he be?
    He buys what he can on the basis of being able to sell it at a reasonable profit. He may be a member here, but he doesn't have to be to buy.

Eddie is producing lots of great watches, but unfortunately, he is not packing and sending nearly as many, so the opportunity for such dealers persists as long as this situation remains.
    If the source supply were greater, the secondary demand would diminish, and the dealer margin, which is driven by scarcity, would also reduce, making such dealing less attractive. This in turn reduces the queue for the limited opening, and more owners might get to buy in preference to dealers.

As long as there are nice watches on the TF site and limited capability to send them out following on from the demand that Eddie has so skillfully created, this situation will continue.

The only other (possible?) way round it that I can envisage, is if there is a forum entrance into the TF shop, which requires the forum ID and password to get through, which might have entry requirements like SC does (time of membership, post numbers etc).
    But this would prioritise forum members over general public, and Eddie may not want this.
    Even this doesn't really help, as there will still be dealers/runners who would meet the entry requirements and are still happy to let the forum despise their profiteering because they will still make money.

More posting elves is the only real way forward I can see. If there are elves in Sheffield.

It feels wrong that established members on here who have no doubt supported the forum and the fundraiser at various times, are chasing around posting WTB's after multiple failures to buy a watch whilst profiteers in other countries are filling their boots.

Craftsman
    Here's to more posting elves

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    It feels wrong that established members on here who have no doubt supported the forum and the fundraiser at various times, are chasing around posting WTB's after multiple failures to buy a watch whilst profiteers in other countries are filling their boots.
    Understandable frustration, not sure what can be done?

There may be a strategic advantage to US buyers as the Shopify data may be hosted in the US? Not sure, but that could be one explanation why a lot of watches are popping up in the US. Maybe also that some members are a bit more tech savy than others and can execute buying transactions quickly by using pre.stored credit card data (I had no problem buying two watches from TF during the past couple of months).

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Dealing it certainly is, and it is an opportunist making hay whilst he can devote the time and resource to the TF buying window and get results.
    He is not fussed about any "shortage" for forum members, and why should he be?
    He buys what he can on the basis of being able to sell it at a reasonable profit. He may be a member here, but he doesn't have to be to buy.

Eddie is producing lots of great watches, but unfortunately, he is not packing and sending nearly as many, so the opportunity for such dealers persists as long as this situation remains.
    If the source supply were greater, the secondary demand would diminish, and the dealer margin, which is driven by scarcity, would also reduce, making such dealing less attractive. This in turn reduces the queue for the limited opening, and more owners might get to buy in preference to dealers.

As long as there are nice watches on the TF site and limited capability to send them out following on from the demand that Eddie has so skillfully created, this situation will continue.

The only other (possible?) way round it that I can envisage, is if there is a forum entrance into the TF shop, which requires the forum ID and password to get through, which might have entry requirements like SC does (time of membership, post numbers etc).
    But this would prioritise forum members over general public, and Eddie may not want this.
    Even this doesn't really help, as there will still be dealers/runners who would meet the entry requirements and are still happy to let the forum despise their profiteering because they will still make money.

More posting elves is the only real way forward I can see. If there are elves in Sheffield.
    More supply would eventually meet demand and reduce the frenzy but would probably require a new business model which I don’t think is something Eddie wants.

A Forum pre-sale with a password would work - just like buying concert tickets. Eddie could monitor buyers and ban those who abuse the privilege. Again, more work for Eddie, which he may not want.

Silver Jubilee Everest

Quote Originally Posted by wbilly View Post
    More supply would eventually meet demand and reduce the frenzy but would probably require a new business model which I don’t think is something Eddie wants.

A Forum pre-sale with a password would work - just like buying concert tickets. Eddie could monitor buyers and ban those who abuse the privilege. Again, more work for Eddie, which he may not want.
    The usual problem with increasing supply is that it also increases overhead costs in terms of both stock and labour so prices increase to where they currently are on the secondary market.
    It also increases risk for the business as it becomes locked into a spiral of selling ever higher volumes - as well as making it more difficult to have small LE production runs such as the monopusher thereby pushing it out of reach for many.
    I quite like the current approach of Eddie as it brings great watches into a far more accessible price point.
    It’s also a great model which allows Eddie to float new ideas on the forum and you can email the business owner and get a reply.
    Then again I managed to pick up the two models I really wanted

Last edited by adg31; 14th December 2021 at 17:24.

Understandable frustration, not sure what can be done?
    You can do a presale, that's what other microbrands are doing at the moment and seems like a fair mechanism to get watches into enthusiasts' hands. There's little room for scalping then, apart from filling the gap between sales which can take a while to happen. But then all the Sunday sale fun is lost.

Just because.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Just because.

R
    If I’d missed out on Sunday that really wouldn’t help

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    If I’d missed out on Sunday that really wouldn’t help

It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    It doesn't.

You and me both!

I am very close to giving up …… 😡

Journeyman
    do you think if the bracelet would fit to a 16 cm wrist? would someone mind checking if it has such many links to be removed? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    do you think if the bracelet would fit to a 16 cm wrist? would someone mind checking if it has such many links to be removed? thanks.
    Just checked: easily. I am sure you could go down to 15cm. Super-many removable links, despite the beautiful tapering.

Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    I am very close to giving up …… 😡
    Hang in there it’s worth the wait

Santa clauss came early, finally got the silver jubilee delivered. Thank to Eddie for such a gorgeous watch, I can't stop looking at the beautiful dial. 006/500 here

Journeyman
    Just checked: easily. I am sure you could go down to 15cm. Super-many removable links, despite the beautiful tapering.
    Many thanks for checking.
    Isn’t is too flashy for a daily beater for a man being a bit on the sporty side?

Many thanks for checking.
    Isn’t is too flashy for a daily beater for a man being a bit on the sporty side?
    Not really; the Aventurine is actually quite subtle for much of the time but it comes to life when hit by bright light.
    As many have already said this makes it quite hard to capture in a photograph but fantastic in real life.

Journeyman
    More beautiful pics are welcomed. :)

Silver Jubilee Everest

More beautiful pics are welcomed. :)
    It’s rather dull and overcast here today so the Aventurine is a bit more muted

Last edited by adg31; 18th December 2021 at 14:18.

Journeyman
    Unable to purchase again despite being logged in and had my cc details ready for auto-population.

I did get further in the purchase process this time (sold out 14:00:29 for me) but not quite as far as entering cc details.

There are either bots making the purchases or I need a faster internet connection!

chrome navigator sucks; got one in the cart but could not see the checkout button !

Journeyman

Thumbs up

Third time unlucky for me!! I can get it into the basket but by the time the credit card security completes they are out of stock!

I feel so disappointed I don't think I'll bother with any more Timefactors watches.

regards

Saggs

Master
    Blog Entries
    Im clearly doing something wrong…. Best I go the bear pit for a moan

Keeping fingers crossed, but I think I have managed to get one today on 4th time of trying.

Upgraded the internet connection to >100meg over Xmas and well drilled in the checkout process now and critically had bank app open to approve the second it came through. It seems to be so hit or miss how quickly the pages load though.

I hope more forum members have also been successful today.

4th fail for me and still can’t see how I could be any quicker but I think it’s time for me to give up! Well done to those who managed to grab one.

Craftsman
    I was doing really well, in the cart, straight card details, clicked complete purchase, all looks great then, authorise payment with my bank, never have to do that before so by the time I'd logged into my bank app to authorise, too late, sold out.
    This extra process caught me totally off guard so next attempt, I will be ready. ..pretty p*ssed off to be honest.

you are a lucky one... i used chrome i managed to have one in the cart but the checkout button was not present... i do not understand the reason!
    what's the browser did you use ?

Quote Originally Posted by carryondentist View Post
    Keeping fingers crossed, but I think I have managed to get one today on 4th time of trying.

Upgraded the internet connection to >100meg over Xmas and well drilled in the checkout process now and critically had bank app open to approve the second it came through. It seems to be so hit or miss how quickly the pages load though.

I hope more forum members have also been successful today.

Quote Originally Posted by oca9i View Post
    you are a lucky one... i used chrome i managed to have one in the cart but the checkout button was not present... i do not understand the reason!
    what's the browser did you use ?
    I had one in the cart from about 13:59, checkout button wasn't present but just continually pressed refresh until it appeared and pressed it that instant. Card details were automatically filled in, so I completed within seconds of 14:00 ticking over but that was still too late. I've been successful in the past using the same method but can't be bothered again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I had one in the cart from about 13:59, checkout button wasn't present but just continually pressed refresh until it appeared and pressed it that instant. Card details were automatically filled in, so I completed within seconds of 14:00 ticking over but that was still too late. I've been successful in the past using the same method but can't be bothered again.
    Tks for your reply @Ruggertech hmm it means that the shop was open before 14:00 ? i need each time to fill in the details of the credit card...