Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks, Rob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    Congratulations it's a great watch!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman

Smile Got one at last!

Silver Jubilee no. 11/500 arrived today. I think it was the 7th attempt at ordering - a little late for Mrs Saggs's Christmas present but she loves it and it was a surprise gift.

Any idea on the screwdriver size for the bracelet pins, I've broken my smallest [nasty and cheap] one tying to shape it to fit?

regards

Saggs

Quote Originally Posted by saggs View Post
    Silver Jubilee no. 11/500 arrived today. I think it was the 7th attempt at ordering - a little late for Mrs Saggs's Christmas present but she loves it and it was a surprise gift.

Any idea on the screwdriver size for the bracelet pins, I've broken my smallest [nasty and cheap] one tying to shape it to fit?

regards

Saggs
    Grats! I'm also planning to buy another for the missus as she thought the sparkly-glittery dial was more for women than men

As to the screwdriver size, I used a 1mm head from one of those cheap watch repair kit Aliexpress specials. The screws were a breeze to remove and put back! It's so easy I was doing it while speaking in a virtual meeting

Picked this up recently. Exceeded my expectations for sure. The jubilee is lovely too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Picked this up recently. Exceeded my expectations for sure. The jubilee is lovely too.

Awesome … yours looks like there is even extra aventurine. Maybe it’s just the light but looks like there’s more going on than on others I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Awesome … yours looks like there is even extra aventurine. Maybe it’s just the light but looks like there’s more going on than on others I’ve seen.

Thank you. I think it’s the lighting. Definitely a big difference when moving into natural light.

Still enjoying mine but wish I could track down a 20mm curved end strap with a butterfly clasp (picture unashamedly stolen from a post by Ralphy). Even fleabay and AliExpress have been unable to help me on this occasion. Hoping an additional post of this photo might get a result.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Journeyman
    Mine arrived today after I managed to get an order in a week ago. It's every bit as good as I'd hoped and makes a nice partner for the PRS-82 I've had since 2014.

soo, I've been wearing mine for a straight week. so many good things to say about the watch but I do have one major complaint in terms of wearability..
    I have puny 17 cm wrists and I wish there were 1-2 more removable links on the 6 o'clock side of the bracelet because as it is, with 8 links at its shortest, the watch head naturally tends to sit on my left wrist farther away from me (in other words, leans to the left side) as the clasp mechanism is centered that way. I always have to wiggle my wrist so that the watch head goes back to the center...do note that the 12 o'clock side already has 12 links in it and it's still not enough for the clasp to be centered on my wrist.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by lexminute View Post
    soo, I've been wearing mine for a straight week. so many good things to say about the watch but I do have one major complaint in terms of wearability..
    I have puny 17 cm wrists and I wish there were 1-2 more removable links on the 6 o'clock side of the bracelet because as it is, with 8 links at its shortest, the watch head naturally tends to sit on my left wrist farther away from me (in other words, leans to the left side) as the clasp mechanism is centered that way. I always have to wiggle my wrist so that the watch head goes back to the center...do note that the 12 o'clock side already has 12 links in it and it's still not enough for the clasp to be centered on my wrist.
    I've been wearing mine since Monday and have thought the same about the bracelet. My wrists are 16cm and I've taken out all the removable links on the 6 o'clock side, but would ideally want to remove one more. I'm not having problems with the position of the watch head on my wrist, but taking one more out would allow the clasp to sit more centrally on the bottom of my wrist.

The jubilee bracelet is very comfortable though.

Quote Originally Posted by RussB View Post
    Mine arrived today after I managed to get an order in a week ago. It's every bit as good as I'd hoped and makes a nice partner for the PRS-82 I've had since 2014.
    Great duo!!! Enjoy both for many more years!

Quote Originally Posted by RussB View Post
    I've been wearing mine since Monday and have thought the same about the bracelet. My wrists are 16cm and I've taken out all the removable links on the 6 o'clock side, but would ideally want to remove one more. I'm not having problems with the position of the watch head on my wrist, but taking one more out would allow the clasp to sit more centrally on the bottom of my wrist.

The jubilee bracelet is very comfortable though.
    That's weird. You have a bit smaller wrists and yours is centered? Well I think I do have odd-shaped wrists (thicker on the bone part -- left side). Anyway, what I did was to remove a link on the 12 o'clock side (11 links now) and extend 1 microadjust hole. It's kinda centered now although it's a little tight for my liking. Still better than letting the watch move away to the left most of the time.

Maybe a bit of wrist exercise is in order?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Blog Entries

I thought it was dandruff on the glass….;)
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Are these now all sold out? I remember reading there would be two more releases with stock of them and yesterday was the second release.

Are these now all sold out? I remember reading there would be two more releases with stock of them and yesterday was the second release.
    Looks like the site has updated the status of the Silver Jube to "Sold out & discontinued".
    Last edited by Winecaster; 28th March 2022 at 19:15.

Lol now everybody will want one and prices will skyrocket…

Please Rolex, release a $1000 beater so the rest of us can get our Smiths.

Quote Originally Posted by Winecaster View Post
    Looks like the site has updated the status of the Silver Jube to "Sold out & discontinued".
    Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    Lol now everybody will want one and prices will skyrocket…

Please Rolex, release a $1000 beater so the rest of us can get our Smiths.
    Oh dear. I’m curious to see how this goes with the prices.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winecaster View Post
    Handy as this arrived today

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

Now that’s a very nice shot. Looks great.

I have owned lots of watches over the years. All different brands and never had a comment about any watch I have had on (unless I bump into Kippax). I have worn this for 3 full days and already lost count of the compliments about it. Hard to capture the dial but they are stunning.

Journeyman

Silver Jubilee Everest

I received mine today (number 012/500) and it’s absolutely stunning. The jubilee bracelet is really unexpectedly comfortable as well.

It’s such a difficult watch to photograph - it really needs to be seen to be appreciated with that dial.
    Last edited by MarvinManUK; 30th March 2022 at 23:00.

Grand Master
    Love the Jubilee bracelet, but not the dial. Jubilee bracelet with this case gets the big thumbs-up from me.

I handled one of these recently and was v. impressed by the bracelet but the dial doesn’t do it for me. A conventional blue dial similar to the Rolex OP36 Explorer style would work nicely in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

Looks gorgeous.

Got mine today in the final sale event. I compared it to my Hamilton Khaki Auto and Seiko Sarb033 and it's by far the winner. If you like the dial (and I surely do) it's an easy 10/10. I will absolutely be gunning for the gilt next opening. I was doing some regular maintenance on my other similar watches waiting for this to arrive and here's the pic I took when I unboxed it next to them. Protective plastic removed, bracelet sized, Smiths collection begins now!

Last edited by Winecaster; 6th April 2022 at 17:08.

Its absolutely beautiful - the dial puts Rolex to shame, imagine if they had released a watch with this dial!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    Its absolutely beautiful - the dial puts Rolex to shame, imagine if they had released a watch with this dial!
    It would be permanently sold out. Oh, wait...

;-)

Oh darn, was not active lately and did not know that the Silver Jubilee has sold out for real! Was planning to buy another for the wife but looks like the second hand market is the only way now...

How about an aventurine Commander on a jubilee bracelet? It think it would look grand with steel hands.