closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver Jubilee Everest

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Has anyone who purchased on Sunday received a dispatch note yet? Or even a watch??

I got an order confirmation email at 14:01 and nothing since which always makes me nervous, especially given the nightmares you guys experienced.
    It’s only three days, nothing to worry about.

If it’s a Silver jubilee and you want to flip it - first dibs please

Sorry Ken, it's a PRS-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    It’s only three days, nothing to worry about.

If it’s a Silver jubilee and you want to flip it - first dibs please

Sorry Ken, it's a PRS-10.
    No worries, nice to hear someone on here actually managed to buy something. Enjoy.

Has anyone who purchased on Sunday received a dispatch note yet? Or even a watch??

I got an order confirmation email at 14:01 and nothing since which always makes me nervous, especially given the nightmares you guys experienced.
    Yes. I had an attempted delivery by UPS yesterday, but not in until Friday.

Isnt it annoying when work gets in the way of watch purchasing.

Don't worry, I'm sure Eddie would have said pretty early on if there were more orders than he could handle, I think Shopify has solved that issue for him. I got a bit twitchy about it after a few days when people had received theirs and even messaged asking for the exact time of their order confirmation, which was way over the top!

Thanks, I've not purchased since the introduction of Shopify.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure Eddie would have said pretty early on if there were more orders than he could handle, I think Shopify has solved that issue for him. I got a bit twitchy about it after a few days when people had received theirs and even messaged asking for the exact time of their order confirmation, which was way over the top!

Received my Jubilee yesterday late morning

As forum members we know that delivery can take up to four weeks therefore we run that gauntlet when we purchase. Frustrating but I know Eddie posts in strict order of orders being placed which is fair game.

However non-forum members / Joe Public doesn't know that and there's no mention of it anywhere on the website. That's not very good at all and must surely lead to lots of inbound contact chasing delivery.

No worries, nice to hear someone on here actually managed to buy something. Enjoy.

I class myself as lucky or having unusually good IT skills for an old un but managed to bag a Monopusher at the first attempt on Sunday even after fumbling the banking app approval, just waiting patiently for the dispatch notification, I could just pop over and pick up in person as Eddie is only 20mins down the road.
    Looking forward to my first new Timefactors watch since the Voyager this will be number 7 though so might have to slim the collection down soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackwibble View Post
    I class myself as lucky or having unusually good IT skills for an old un but managed to bag a Monopusher at the first attempt on Sunday even after fumbling the banking app approval, just waiting patiently for the dispatch notification, I could just pop over and pick up in person as Eddie is only 20mins down the road.
    Well done. Looks like you might have got one of the last Monopushers.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Well done. Looks like you might have got one of the last Monopushers.
    Cheers Mark I was thinking 50/50 would look good !

Jubilee #495/500 sold to someone in Strabane in January 2022 has just been listed on Chrono24 for £900.00

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/all/smith...id22302902.htm

That should be like picking the low hanging fruit for Eddie.

My jubilee was safely delivered today. Many thanks to Eddie and team for getting it out quickly and for supplying a specific LE number, little touches like that make it extra special.

Here it is with my other Timefactors watches, currently on a distressed grey leather strap, whilst I size the bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by carryondentist View Post
    My jubilee was safely delivered today. Many thanks to Eddie and team for getting it out quickly and for supplying a specific LE number, little touches like that make it extra special.

Here it is with my other Timefactors watches, currently on a distressed grey leather strap, whilst I size the bracelet.

Great to hear that it arrived safely - you’ve got a nice collection of other Timefactors watches to keep it company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late to report yet another failed attempt ......

Journeyman
    Does it happen for anyone to wear it on Nato? Just curious how it looks like on nylon.

Quote Originally Posted by carryondentist View Post

What a great addition to a superb collection of, if one may use a cliché, "Eddie's finest." It's a perfect cousin to the 29A!

Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    Does it happen for anyone to wear it on Nato? Just curious how it looks like on nylon.
    I've tried a few on.

R

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

My current choice is rubber.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    My current choice is rubber.

R
    That looks great and so do the natos, due to the simple dial layout I still think even with the Aventurine it’s a versatile piece. Have you a preference between this and the regular satin black dial? Assuming you own it.

For me it's the bracelet that comes with the watch. Just beautiful.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    That looks great and so do the natos, due to the simple dial layout I still think even with the Aventurine it’s a versatile piece. Have you a preference between this and the regular satin black dial? Assuming you own it.
    I do have both and my preference is for the SJ. The reason for its production, the stunning dial and the bracelet all combine into a special piece to me.

R

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post

That's a wonderful pic Ralph, makes the blue dial really pop out against the black strap.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    That's a wonderful pic Ralph, makes the blue dial really pop out against the black strap.
    Thanks, I’m working on improving my camera-phone skills.

The strap is rubber, btw.

R

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Thanks, I’m working on improving my camera-phone skills.

The strap is rubber, btw.

R
    You sure the sparkly dial suits you Ralph? I’m here if you need me…

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    For me it's the bracelet that comes with the watch. Just beautiful.
    Likewise. Tried a few leather straps and NATOs when it arrived, but don't see the jubilee ever coming off

Surely I must be lucky this Sunday, fourth time of asking.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post

Hear, hear .... you and me both (5th or 6th attempt for me - I lost count).
    Wishing us luck.

Been asking myself many times, "what's worse, the long wait time at MKII watches (waited 9+ years for my MKII Project 300) or the drama, frenzy and frustration, trying to score one of these in the 30 seconds (or less) the store is open?" By now I know .... I take the long wait, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    Hear, hear .... you and me both (5th or 6th attempt for me - I lost count).
    Wishing us luck.

Been asking myself many times, "what's worse, the long wait time at MKII watches (waited 9+ years for my MKII Project 300) or the drama, frenzy and frustration, trying to score one of these in the 30 seconds (or less) the store is open?" By now I know .... I take the long wait, thank you.
    Good luck to both of you; it is well worth the wait when you get one - they look far better in the metal than they do on screen

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well I officia give up - totally disallusioned, cant compete with the bots

Journeyman

Angry

5th attempt! Still unlucky!

38 secs and they sold out.

regards

Saggs

That was crazy! Store opened and closed in less than a minute?!

Angry

the same as last time ...got one in the cart ...precisely at 14:00 but could not find the way to checkout !!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oca9i; 30th January 2022 at 15:25.

Craftsman
    Wow!
    That was fun.

No chance!
    Who took the watch out of my basket?

I really wanted this watch as a birth year watch for my son, arriving in May. I had it in the basket, and then the bank needed a code to authorise, by the time the text landed, it sold out.

Oh well.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I really wanted this watch as a birth year watch for my son, arriving in May. I had it in the basket, and then the bank needed a code to authorise, by the time the text landed, it sold out.

Oh well.
    That happened to myself in the last shop opening, so close with a black dial but the delay with the bank app to approve the payment cost me the watch, didn't get anywhere near that stage today.

I had tried 4 or 5 times, the last time I even got my debit card details in and clicked pay only to get the sold out message.

I gave up and bought a brand new one from Chrono24, which was still fully sealed.

I’m guessing it was bought from the last opening two weeks ago, was only sent out at the start of last week and straight on to Chrono24 - it was delivered to me on Fri 28th.

Eventually this Sunday silliness will stop when Eddie runs out and second hand at a premium will be the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    That happened to myself in the last shop opening, so close with a black dial but the delay with the bank app to approve the payment cost me the watch, didn't get anywhere near that stage today.
    Yep, it's frustrating.

Eventually this Sunday silliness will stop when Eddie runs out and second hand at a premium will be the only option.
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you have to pay? PM if you prefer.

Few words that come to mind: frustrating, annoying …… had one in the basket and then, poof, gone.

This (hobby) is supposed to be fun. Maybe I should give up too 😡

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you have to pay? PM if you prefer.
    Basically they are selling for between £600 and £700 depending on if they are still sealed or have had the bracelets resized etc. You will be lucky to find one below £600. I paid in the middle of that range for a fully sealed watch.

I’ve seen 5 or 6 of these sell in the last couple of weeks as people look to make a quick buck. I’m sure things will calm down once Eddie sells out, but if anything prices might rise as less watches come to the market. I’ve seen this before with other hot watches and limited editions etc.

Not what people want to hear, but paying a premium now rather than wait is possibly a good shout. From my point of view, I’m sorted now so no need to get involved with the Sunday madness.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 30th January 2022 at 18:06.

What a farce. Again. Irrespective of your broadband speed or speed of typing, there's no way any human can get that sale completed in the few seconds before it shows as out of stock.

What's the point in releasing tasty new models if you can't buy them.

I thought that when Eddie started his honeycomb thread - another nice watch that we cannot buy.

Journeyman
    I was one of the lucky purchasers today at my fifth or sixth attempt (lost track of my number of tries - although once was using an airplane wifi mid-Atlantic so not sure if that should count).

I followed someone else's advise this time around - use Microsoft Edge on a computer (i.e. not on a mobile phone), login to your Timefactors account prior to store open time & have your credit card details stored in the browser for quick-fill (I use BitWarden).

I even survived having my first credit card declined (my heart sank) but it went through using a different card.

I wonder how many Silver Jubilee Everests are now left?

Silver Jubilee Everest

It seems the silver jubilee is even more popular than the original black dial.

Have also got an order in without issue.

Master
    Blog Entries
    What a farce. Again. Irrespective of your broadband speed or speed of typing, there's no way any human can get that sale completed in the few seconds before it shows as out of stock.

I succeeded today, or at least I received an order confirmation. I’d completed my order by around 16 seconds after 2pm. I’d rushed back from the boy’s football match at half time & I was warming my hand up at 5 minutes to 2 ready for ‘fastest finger first’. I was back in the car before 2:01 & back at the match by 2:05 having only missed one goal. Final score 7-3 to us.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I succeeded today, or at least I received an order confirmation. I’d completed my order by around 16 seconds after 2pm. I’d rushed back from the boy’s football match at half time & I was warming my hand up at 5 minutes to 2 ready for ‘fastest finger first’. I was back in the car before 2:01 & back at the match by 2:05 having only missed one goal. Final score 7-3 to us.
    That’s what I call a result!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hbr245b View Post
    I was one of the lucky purchasers today at my fifth or sixth attempt (lost track of my number of tries - although once was using an airplane wifi mid-Atlantic so not sure if that should count).

I followed someone else's advise this time around - use Microsoft Edge on a computer (i.e. not on a mobile phone), login to your Timefactors account prior to store open time & have your credit card details stored in the browser for quick-fill (I use BitWarden).
    Well done. That was (part of) my advice and I'm pleased it worked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I've tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox. I have a timer on to show the exact time so at precisely 14:00 I've been adding the watch to my basket and then do Proceed to Checkout. At this point, I get the 'out of stock' message. I don't even get any further than this. I have around 50Mbps broadband.

Ideally I'd like to see only forum members being able to buy from the site but it's not my site to make the rules. Luckily I have a few of Eddie's watches to enjoy already so its probably no great shakes in the overall picture.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oca9i View Post
    the same as last time ...got one in the cart ...precisely at 14:00 but could not find the way to checkout !!!!!!!!!
    This isn't the place for tech support but looking at this and your previous comments, it suggests to me that you are experiencing either cacheing or latency issues. Not necessarily in your browser (although it is possible) but perhaps either at your ISP or between your ISP and Shopify's servers.

Who is your ISP, if I may ask?
    Last edited by markrlondon; 30th January 2022 at 16:44.