closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thinking about selling my Rolex Deepsea JC 116660 - 2016

Blog Entries

Thinking about selling my Rolex Deepsea JC 116660 - 2016

I’ve had my Deepsea James Cameron for a while and don’t really wear it.

I was thinking about part exchanging it against a GMT Batman (either the discontinued one, or the new one on jubilee bracelet).

Firstly, am I mad for thinking about this and if I was to do it what would be the difference in 2nd hand valuation? I was thinking a straight swap for the discontinued one?

I own a 2020 Sub Hulk which I wear all the time. I love the size of the Sub and it now feels a bit of a chore putting a bigger watch on. The GMT is a similar size to the Sub and therefore I can just flick between both.

Peoples thoughts about my first world conundrum would be appreciated.

Stay safe all. 👍

Why not do a trade only post on SC. There might be someone looking to go the other way.

Not sure on values, but not a million miles apart i'm guessing. I think the newer Batgirl seem to be priced higher than the older Batman.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

“Must be the 126660 with the updated bracelet”
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    I made a decision a while ago that if I didn’t wear a watch I’d sell it as for me watches are to wear and enjoy, not for investments. I realise others look at them as investments. So for me I’d sell if you’re not wearing it.

All I’d say though is the current and previous BLNR’s are going for quite a premium over RRP so you’ll effectively be buying a cheaper watch than the deepsea for more money, unless you can get from an AD. That shouldn’t make a difference but it might not sit comfortably with you.

P.S. I’d be surprised if you can get a straight swap.

Thanks for that. I should have updated but forgot as no one offered a trade, just a few wanting to buy. I've since bought a D-Blue from an AD as I was keen for the newer version with the thicker bracelet.

OP, I rarely wear the BLNR because I find it too flash and think the D-Blue is more subtle but if you wear the LVc all day and like it the BLNR might be for you. If you change your mind you can always switch back and get the newer D-Blue.

If it was me, I'd sell the Deepsea as you're not getting on with it. Then when you have cash in hand, you're a free man to buy what you like.

Blog Entries
    Good advice but I’ve always run two expensive watches that I intend to leave to my two sons.

I’d like to leave them one each, something that I’ve worked my nuts off for and hopefully they remember me by! I know it’s a bit morbid but as you never know when your numbers are up and so will always keep them - it’s not a vanity trip for me. 

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I made a decision a while ago that if I didn’t wear a watch I’d sell it as for me watches are to wear and enjoy, not for investments. I realise others look at them as investments. So for me I’d sell if you’re not wearing it.

All I’d say though is the current and previous BLNR’s are going for quite a premium over RRP so you’ll effectively be buying a cheaper watch than the deepsea for more money, unless you can get from an AD. That shouldn’t make a difference but it might not sit comfortably with you.

P.S. I’d be surprised if you can get a straight swap.
    Last edited by Diesel76; 6th September 2020 at 20:26.