closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Calling all LHD Watch wearers...

Master

Calling all LHD Watch wearers...

Hi,

I had a Tudor Pelagos a while back and miss it so I am looking for another but as I like the (often divisive) fake patina look I’’m looking to buy a LHD version.

I wear my watches on my left wrist. Does having the crown on the left hand side make much of a difference from a comfort perspective? I guess winding is an issue too but it’’ll be in a watchwinder.

Cheers. Mark

Craftsman
    Wears fine on both wrists, I didn’t notice a difference

Craftsman
    I owned one temporarily. I found that if anything it was more comfortable on my left wrist as there was no crown to dig into my hand. I had to sell it due to financial situations but have toyed with getting another ever since.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Should be more crown as the crown is out of harms way, also you should never wind your watch whilst on your wrist as there is a risk of bending the stem.

I wear my watches on my right wrist so would be the same situation for me and never any issues
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Haven't had one, but I had a Sinn EZM3 for a while with a left-side crown. Wore fine, more comfy than a regular crown because there was nothing to dig into the back of my hand. (I miss that EZM3!)
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

My Sinn EZM2 has a lefty crown, was apparently designed that way just in case I stick my hand in some craggy coral while try to extract an Octopus!

Calling all LHD Watch wearers...

I’ve got a LHD Pelagos and haven’t noticed the crown at all when wearing it. It only really registers when I have to change the date and then it feels “different” as it’s not in the usual place but apart from that it’s very comfortable (on my left hand)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Thanks all. Decision confirmed LHD it is.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I’ve got a LHD Pelagos and haven’t noticed the crown at all when wearing it. It only really registers when I have to change the date and then it feels “different” as it’s not in the usual place but apart from that it’s very comfortable (on my left hand)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I normally flip mine upside down when setting the time/date

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    Hi,

I had a Tudor Pelagos a while back and miss it so I am looking for another but as I like the (often divisive) fake patina look I’’m looking to buy a LHD version.

I wear my watches on my left wrist. Does having the crown on the left hand side make much of a difference from a comfort perspective? I guess winding is an issue too but it’’ll be in a watchwinder.

Cheers. Mark
    Just a thought - try wearing a similar-sized watch upside down for a few hours to see how it feels on the wrist?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Just a thought - try wearing a similar-sized watch upside down for a few hours to see how it feels on the wrist?
    Genius idea :)

Master
    As a left handed wearer, I found the EZM 3 to be the most comfortable diver I have owned and so I think the LHD will be just as good.

I wear my daily on the right wrist as it has a Big Pilot style crown that digs into my hand. Starting to think I might have a nickel allergy because it leaves a bit of a rash.

I only use the crown when it’s off the wrist anyway.

I can’t make up my mind between the LHD and the Blue. I never saw the colour as faux patina, is that what it’s supposed to be? I like the date wheel too on the LHD.

I’m a lefty, have always worn a watch on my right wrist and have never found any watch crown uncomfortable, even Panerai Luminors (and I’ve owned regular and lefty versions) - a total non issue imho

Master
    Thanks again......a non-issue.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I tried that with a 372 PAM to see how a destro luminor would look and feel. I really liked it on each count and am now on the hunt for a 47mm lefty.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I used to wear a 44mm Destro Panerai on my left wrist with no issues at all, even with the crown guard.