closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Biker chat

Craftsman

Biker chat

Evening all,

I noticed Moto Guzzi are doing a 1k discount on their v7 iii models, making them a steal from new. I'm pretty tempted to be honest. Always liked the all black, and the night pack looks cool.

Am suspicious as to why they're doing this tho, do you think theres a product update coming or are they just trying to drum up some sales?

Interested in your thoughts.

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I would be greatly suprised if this kind of discount couldn’t be negotiated anytime,they’re not a popular bike and have poor residuals and a hard sale on the used and new market..Technology isn’t amazing and 52Bhp isn’t going to light any fires especially in the agricultural way its produced.
    That being said I have a soft spot for the Guzzi brand,but would I put money into one...Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by thorpey69 View Post
    That being said I have a soft spot for the Guzzi brand,but would I put money into one...Nah.
    Great base for a cafe racer special though.

Try covid19.

I just bougt a 2019 svartpilen for1400 euros less and super financing.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Think I’d rather have an MZ.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    Try covid19.

I just bougt a 2019 svartpilen for1400 euros less and super financing.

Nice boots! How to you like it? I currently have a cb650r. Looked at the svartpilen but was a bit put off by the lack of network. I have a great honda dealer/garage beside my work.

Boots are awsome!
    I have a husky ad nearby, so not bad considered I live in the countryside. They only sell mx and trial bikes though...

Craftsman
    To me 1k discount off the bat seems quite high. Usually dealer offers look like low financing, contributions, freebies etc. You start from there, work them down on price and up on spec. I know the Guzzi isn't exactly a track weapon but it ain't meant to be. I commute to work purely for the fun of it. This would fit that bill and be fun for cruising b roads on a long way home. They do look great in all black. Cool as f.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    Boots are awsome!
    I have a husky ad nearby, so not bad considered I live in the countryside. They only sell mx and trial bikes though...

Nice to know their there when stuff goes wrong tho. I've had a few bikes from honda and its good to know there just down the road to help with stuff if needed. I'd hate to have to travel 100 miles or so for a service or cos the engine lights come on and you need to someone to look at it.

Last edited by RBear1981; 5th September 2020 at 09:20.

Master
    There’s always deals to be had at this time of year, also there’s the new euro 5 rule that has to be fully implemented as from jan 2021 so loads of euro 4 bikes will be shoved out the door or preregistered by December rather than being scrapped.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

If you think the deals are good now wait for the Q4 offers in four weeks. A grand off list isn't much but it depends how you're paying and if there are deposit contributions on top.

Craftsman
    Cheers for the replies and swear word now deleted. Maybe I'm being naive and it's down to the brand and bike. Some defo discount more than others. You can get prereg w800 street for more than 2k discount for example. Not something you'd get with a popular model. Also for a relatively low value bike there's no way honda would drop a grand as you're going way to far in to their margin.

Don't forget there's front end margin and back in margin. Front end only tells one half of the story. Most will sacrifice front end if they can get the back end. I know of one Mercedes dealership which discounts 1% more than their total margin as it makes sense for them to do so.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RBear1981 View Post
    Evening all,

I noticed Moto Guzzi are doing a 1k discount on their v7 iii models, making them a steal from new. I'm pretty tempted to be honest. Always liked the all black, and the night pack looks cool.

Am suspicious as to why they're doing this tho, do you think theres a product update coming or are they just trying to drum up some sales?

Interested in your thoughts.

Cheers

There are often incentives on Guzzis usually £500 to £750 off. £1000 off seems like a good one. However I have in my mind there is a new 2021 V7 coming out , it was featured in one of the magazines I was reading earlier in the year. It could be a Euro 5 tweak as suggested above.A quick google search shows the V7 111 to be 2021 bike so maybe it is a minor change.

My pal has one and really rates it , He also has a Svartpilen as shown above.

The Kawasaki W800 is also often discounted as its a slow mover for big K. The line was completely dropped in about 2017/18 as it couldnt meet Euro 4 regs, but like a serpent rising from the deep a brand new model has been launched.

As you can tell Im an avid watcher of these two models as along with a Triumph Bonny they have a nice low seat AND lots of character.
    Last edited by higham5; 5th September 2020 at 13:08.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    There are often incentives on Guzzis usually £500 to £750 off. £1000 off seems like a good one. However I have in my mind there is a new 2021 V7 coming out , it was featured in one of the magazines I was reading earlier in the year. It could be a Euro 5 tweak as suggested above.A quick google search shows the V7 111 to be 2021 bike so maybe it is a minor change.

My pal has one and really rates it , He also has a Svartpilen as shown above.

The Kawasaki W800 is also often discounted as its a slow mover for big K. The line was completely dropped in about 2017/18 as it couldnt meet Euro 4 regs, but like a serpent rising from the deep a brand new model has been launched.

As you can tell Im an avid watcher of these two models as along with a Triumph Bonny they have a nice low seat AND lots of character.
    Any thoughts on the Guzzi and w800 against the street twin? Another that I'm considering. The tyres look a bit slippy tho, am sure I read of a few slides on them. I really don't need a super fast bike. More enjoy just cruising and avoid motorways when I can. Like my current bike so would be swapping just for the fun of it really.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RBear1981 View Post
    Any thoughts on the Guzzi and w800 against the street twin? Another that I'm considering. The tyres look a bit slippy tho, am sure I read of a few slides on them. I really don't need a super fast bike. More enjoy just cruising and avoid motorways when I can. Like my current bike so would be swapping just for the fun of it really.

I haven't ridden any of them as I happy with my F700GS at present. However youtube is your friend, see here

https://youtu.be/yVa1JCrmYQU

MCN did a review of the W800 / V7 about three months ago. From memory the V7 won on nostalgia and feel, the W800 just does what it says on the tin. In many ways the W800 is the true to the original Kawasaki W1 of 1967. It looks like an old brit bike, The guzzi is a modern take on the classy Vtwin that has been lolloping along for over 50 years.

Re tyres , it unusual for a bike to sold with slippy tyres. O e rubber is never as good as buying a new pair from a tyre dealer. At 47 &52 bhp these bikes are not going to light up their tyres unless a rider is very ham fisted.

If it was me buying a bike for Sunday rides around the lanes avoiding motorways I would go with guzzi, torquey engine, un stressed parts, good reliability ( apart from rectifiers) and charismatic.

I had the worst customer service imaginable from Moto Guzzi when I doshed out on a new 1200 Stelvio back in 2010.
    Short version: engine failure at 3 months old, 2 year warranty so bike went back to AD for repair. Sat in the dealers for 4 months before they admitted they were still waiting for redesigned parts to be produced. Piaggio in Bromley will not speak directly to customers but will relay your call to Italy so you can chat to a cleaner who does not speak English. Never again!