closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has Skymans account been hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Posts disappeared.
    I did not find him in the member's list either
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Where is the bear pit? I hear it mentioned frequently but can't find it. Morbid curiosity as to what goes on in there given how people speak about it
    Ahh the Bear Pit. It’s a special place which:

1) is filled to the rafters with people that say they hate it, yet post there incessantly

2) is where hoovers, scammers, eBay tat re-sellers and general n’er do wells are outed. As such they also hate the Pit

3) speed-posters and banned returnees are spotted and outed. They are also not fans.

You should gain access around Christmas time, if you don’t get banned or glitched in the meantime. What a festive gift that will be

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think his posts have often lacked class or respect for others. Now is no different just a change of style.

And gone, as expected; I won't miss him.

Oddly enough this has happened a couple times before, when a fairly prominent member suddenly goes sideways and lets one off at the management; taffytoon was one for sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I did not find him in the member's list either
    Ah, suicide by admin it is then.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

If he’s saying how fcukin’ rich he is, then his account has not been hacked.

Master
    Not sure this is the right part of the forum for character assassination or an orgy of schadenfreude, even if it seems justified in the heat of the moment. This is the G&D after all, better to take it to the BP. And if it turns out he was hacked, it will all seem quite embarrassing.

It would appear that Eddie opened the special lockable cabinet, and took out the banhammer.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/member.php?2325-Skyman

Master
    I am going to miss him telling me every day...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I seriously doubt that.
    I met Simon face to face, admittedly 2 or 3 years ago now to conclude a deal.

He was actually a very decent and friendly chap, so I don’t know what, if anything has happened to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    He was actually a very decent and friendly chap, so I don’t know what, if anything has happened to change that.
    Money can't buy you love?

His last post is somewhat worrying to me, hopefully he is ok ?
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    I met Simon face to face, admittedly 2 or 3 years ago now to conclude a deal.

From the way I understand it, booze. In large amounts it brings up the worse in some people.

Skyman, if you're reading this, have a chat with someone and come back when you're ready (if EP will allow).

You have undoubtedly acted like a prize turnip in the past but I am a great believer that people can change.

Life is short.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    It would appear that Eddie opened the special lockable cabinet, and took out the banhammer.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/member.php?2325-Skyman
    His behaviour made that inevitable, he was certainly angry about something - cry for help, or substance abuse.
    Onwards and upwards.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    From the way I understand it, booze. In large amounts it brings up the worse in some people.
    Yes his most unpleasant contributions always seemed to be past booze-o-clock.

I also hope he is ok. I never had any interactions with him, but always saw his contributions and felt he was a very unhappy person, even with his oft-mentioned material wealth. I actually remember feeling sorry for him on numerous occasions.

Yep, but some bans are only for a couple of weeks, I'm sure he'll be back at some point.

Shame if he has imploded on here, I think he really enjoyed this place as most of us do and while he riles some people I did find his quips entertaining at times but then I'm not easily insulted..

All, you can ignore me of course, but as this is in the G&D, Skyman will be reading.

Can we keep comments upbeat in case he is experiencing serious personal problems or needs help.

I know we are all under pressure and I am not excusing rudeness.

Quote Originally Posted by WORKSIMON View Post
    His last post is somewhat worrying to me, hopefully he is ok ?
    That's not his last post. The dozen or so after that have now been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    All, you can ignore me of course, but as this is in the G&D, Skyman will be reading.

Can we keep comments upbeat in case he is experiencing serious personal problems or needs help.

+1

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point,

Master
    Stating the obvious, but as with all forums, such an eclectic mix of personalities it’s inevitable that certain people will ‘rub us up the wrong way’ Let’s hope he can sort swiftly whatever has happened to cause this mini meltdown and get back to his errr normal self..........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I am going to miss him telling me every day...

Time that over played clip was banned. It was funny on the first 500 viewings but now it has really been overdone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Time that over played clip was banned. It was funny on the first 500 viewings but now it has really been overdone.
    Time you stopped asking for things you find repetitive to be banned. The irony is probably lost on you.

Hopefully it's a temporary ban and he'll be back soon enough. Polarising perhaps but I enjoyed his posts and found them funny. Good vocabulary too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Hopefully it's a temporary ban and he'll be back soon enough. Polarising perhaps but I enjoyed his posts and found them funny. Good vocabulary too.
    +1

I do wonder what happens to these people that meltdown. I mean the guy had 8000 posts over 12 years, a spotless 3-page Heros&Villians record and although he was brash and very negative, played by the rules. Then after 12-years, all of sudden decides to go on a tirade of abuse directed at the site owner clearly to get a ban. Just like soundood, it's bizarre.

Oh I dunno, if t'cap fits.

Nah as commentary on one aspect of the human condition that clips perfection, it´ll always be funny.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Oh I dunno, if t'cap fits.
    If the cap fits, then use what is called a brain and think of another clip that is at least original. The old saying of change the record comes to mind.

Master
    If the cap fits, then use what is called a brain and think of another clip that is at least original. The old saying of change the record comes to mind.
    Oh the irony - your posts are the same repetitive old patronising carp. How many thousands of times have you lectured everyone on the ‘never sell a Rolex’?

That said Mick, never leave :-)

If it isn't broken...

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    If it isn't broken...
    Break it?

Skyman, if you're reading this, have a chat with someone and come back when you're ready (if EP will allow).

You have undoubtedly acted like a prize turnip in the past but I am a great believer that people can change.

Life is short.
    LOL, this is an anonymous watch forum inhabited by a significant cohort of dysfunctional WIS's, not some sort of upper echelons of the Freemasons.

All this "Skyman come back"...there's every chance all these flouncers are back immediately with second accounts revelling in their attention. IP bans are pretty useless.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    LOL, this is an anonymous watch forum inhabited by a significant cohort of dysfunctional WIS's, not some sort of upper echelons of the Freemasons.
    Anonymous?

If you bothered to get to know a few of the people on here, you'd realise that many are facing significant pressures. And I mean significant. You don't hear about this because such communication tends to be by PM.

In my view, it's often those who feel the need to tell everyone how they're inappropriately LOLing who are actually the weak ones.

Can't say I've missed him.

The name doesn't really ring any bells at all! - I'll probably discover I bought a watch off him sometime, though!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Skyman is definitive proof that money doesn’t make you happy. I genuinely hope he’s ok - bizarre behaviour even for him
    But better to cry in a Mercedes than sat on a bicycle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    But better to cry in a Mercedes than sat on a bicycle.
    Or

On the wagon or in the wagon but i have recently found his posts lately to be either brusque or look at me not wishing him any harm but IMO will not be missed.
    Last edited by mart broad; 4th September 2020 at 14:15.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I do wonder what happens to these people that meltdown. I mean the guy had 8000 posts over 12 years, a spotless 3-page Heros&Villians record and although he was brash and very negative, played by the rules. Then after 12-years, all of sudden decides to go on a tirade of abuse directed at the site owner clearly to get a ban. Just like soundood, it's bizarre.
    I think it’s because this place is so addictive; the only way to get out is to get thrown out!

I've only seen others mention Skyman and money, never him. I think a few people here are more obsessed with his money than him. So what if he bought a nice car and put it in a thread. Or did the same with with some expensive watches. If he has that mind of money good luck to him. I don't, but I wouldn't hold it against the guy. Same way I wouldn't look at some differently for having less than me.

I've only seen others mention Skyman and money, never him.
    He has - you missed it.

I did a deal with Simon in person & he was fine / perfectly civil.

He's often a complete arse on here, but I hope he's OK.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I've only seen others mention Skyman and money, never him. I think a few people here are more obsessed with his money than him. So what if he bought a nice car and put it in a thread. Or did the same with with some expensive watches. If he has that mind of money good luck to him. I don't, but I wouldn't hold it against the guy. Same way I wouldn't look at some differently for having less than me.
    That's not it at all. I am sure quite a few members here are at least as well off as he was. You just have to look at some of the watches they own, which are worth his car and more - not to mention some of the cars.
    And that is absolutely fine.

What grated was the way he used his alleged money as a way to give himself some sense of worth, IIMMC. In this respect, the regular posting of Harry Enfield's sketch is not repetitive: it's as good a description of Skyman's forum persona as Brainy Smurf is of our expat's bar regular, Mick P

It seems some people have a vein of self destruction lying just beneath.

They can go on for years on forums in a quite civil manner and then for no apparent reason lose all conscience go on a hate spree and finish up banned.

I've seen it many times on various fora and a few times on here.

I must say I never found Skyman particularly obnoxious, seemed sound to me, but then I don't visit the car threads.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Ahh the Bear Pit. It’s a special place which:

1) is filled to the rafters with people that say they hate it, yet post there incessantly

2) is where hoovers, scammers, eBay tat re-sellers and general n’er do wells are outed. As such they also hate the Pit

3) speed-posters and banned returnees are spotted and outed. They are also not fans.

You should gain access around Christmas time, if you don’t get banned or glitched in the meantime. What a festive gift that will be
    I wait with baited breath for this mysterious wonderland that lies ahead!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Hope he's ok. I liked him.

I'm looking forward to reading another rant about the forum and his ban on Pistonheads.

Master
    Hope everything is o.k. fella, in keeping with TZ mentality just ask yourself what would wee Jimmy Krankie do.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I wait with baited breath for this mysterious wonderland that lies ahead!

It's more like a dystopian vision of Munch's "The Scream".

So clever my foot fell off.