closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 259

Thread: Hulk for 20000? [emoji848]

  1. #1
    Journeyman Bucko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Appledore
    Posts
    66

    Hulk for 20000?

    Does anyone know of anybody who has actually paid these crazy prices on Facebook for the discontinued Hulk??? Is it in the same league as Daytonaís and Blue Skydweller?


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Bucko; 3rd September 2020 at 11:57.

  2. #2
    Master MartynJC (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. OdiŠxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    9,501
    Blog Entries
    19
    Same league - more so, as itís discontinued. Rather not say what the league is as this is a public forum.

  3. #3
    Itís no 16610LV
    It's just a matter of time...

  4. #4
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Merry Old England
    Posts
    12,129
    A dealer close to me has three or four listed on their site and all are around £15k.

  5. #5
    Master murkeywaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Near the sea
    Posts
    4,532
    5 digit watches are discontinued but not that many are worth £20k..

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    A dealer close to me has three or four listed on their site and all are around £15k.
    Which dealer is that please?

  7. #7
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Merry Old England
    Posts
    12,129
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Which dealer is that please?
    https://www.miltonsdiamonds.com/watches-c26/rolex-m28

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Thanks.

  9. #9
    Craftsman WHL1882's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Thanks.
    Those were going for between £12-£13k at the weekend and then miraculously went up to a shade under £15k yesterday.

  10. #10
    Craftsman smalleyboy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    948
    Watchfinder has a 2015 Hulk for £18,450

  11. #11
    Master jukeboxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,943
    It's the customer who drives the prices. As for the recent increase, I'm sure we can agree it's not miraculous, they are just responding to market conditions and the expected increase in demand. I'm just pleased I bought my LVc from this very forum for under £5k.

  12. #12
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,421
    Wouldnít be surprised if some shady dealers sale to each other to artificially inflate prices and drive wrong behaviours through FOMO


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    125
    Lucky you! I'd say you hit the jackpot with that. I suppose you can still find the odd deal out there if you're fortunate; I saw an LV sold at auction recently for around £4k, which seems a great price relative to what you typically see (as far as asking price, anyway, though admittedly I don't know what people actually are willing to pay). I felt pretty disappointed I hadn't kept an eye on the auction, as I saw it was listed but was convinced it was going to sell for far beyond that and didn't even look on the day.

    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    It's the customer who drives the prices. As for the recent increase, I'm sure we can agree it's not miraculous, they are just responding to market conditions and the expected increase in demand. I'm just pleased I bought my LVc from this very forum for under £5k.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    I saw an LV sold at auction recently for around £4k, which seems a great price relative to what you typically see (as far as asking price, anyway, though admittedly I don't know what people actually are willing to pay).
    What auction was it?

  15. #15
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    What auction was it?
    Fellows I think.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  16. #16
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,755
    Donít bother with these overhyped metal trinkets (I have a horologically more interesting zenith chrono languishing on SC instead)

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,948
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    Fellows I think.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Nonsense.

  18. #18
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    125
    Sorry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Nonsense.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,948
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    Sorry?
    For clarity, your statement was nonsense. LV = 4K. No way.
    Last edited by Skyman; 2nd September 2020 at 18:45.

  20. #20
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    125
    You could have just asked if I was sure - clearly I have no reason to be making up prices for a watch I would love to own. The watch did sell at Fellows, and for just over £4k.

    I may have seen the wrong auction, and hope that was the case as I was feeling gutted thinking I could have missed it going so (relatively) cheaply! I admittedly am not signed up at Fellows can't access the full auction page. I saw the auction listing on the Saleroom, and had favorited the lot. I missed the sale but did a Google search to try to find what it sold for and came up with the following web page, which shows the model selling for £4k; admittedly I can't actually see the date of the auction to confirm if it is the auction from last week. If it is in fact a different auction, from some time ago, I will feel much happier! In any case someone got a good buy on it at some point: https://www.fellows.co.uk/1444-lot-4...t_detail&year=


    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    For clarity, your statement was nonsense. LV = 4K.

  21. #21
    Journeyman Bucko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Appledore
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Donít bother with these overhyped metal trinkets (I have a horologically more interesting zenith chrono languishing on SC instead)
    I have a Zenith El Primero CHRONO Moonphase. Amazing looking watch


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,948
    Blog Entries
    1
    Link does nothing.

  23. #23
    Master MartynJC (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. OdiŠxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    9,501
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    It's the customer who drives the prices. As for the recent increase, I'm sure we can agree it's not miraculous, they are just responding to market conditions and the expected increase in demand. I'm just pleased I bought my LVc from this very forum for under £5k.
    I feel very sad for selling my LVc to a well known watch seller four years ago, for ~£5K. A lot seemed to happen between 2016 and 2019/20.


    ( In my WISdom I bought another LVc privately last year for an awful lot more than that. Lets hope I learn my lesson )

  24. #24
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    125
    Are you asking me if I would please re-post it? Well, as you asked so politely, I would be delighted.

    I don't know how to post it any other way; I'm just copying and pasting from the Fellows website. It opens fine for me on my computer, but here it is again if it helps: https://www.fellows.co.uk/1444-lot-4...t_detail&year=

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Link does nothing.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,948
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    Are you asking me if I would please re-post it? Well, as you asked so politely, I would be delighted.

    I don't know how to post it any other way; I'm just copying and pasting from the Fellows website. It opens fine for me on my computer, but here it is again if it helps: https://www.fellows.co.uk/1444-lot-4...t_detail&year=
    Still nothing. Please just do what you said. No need for fluffery. Your newbie insistence is becoming tiresome.
    Last edited by Skyman; 2nd September 2020 at 19:05.

  26. #26
    Grand Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    10,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    You could have just asked if I was sure - clearly I have no reason to be making up prices for a watch I would love to own. The watch did sell at Fellows, and for just over £4k.

    I may have seen the wrong auction, and hope that was the case as I was feeling gutted thinking I could have missed it going so (relatively) cheaply! I admittedly am not signed up at Fellows can't access the full auction page. I saw the auction listing on the Saleroom, and had favorited the lot. I missed the sale but did a Google search to try to find what it sold for and came up with the following web page, which shows the model selling for £4k; admittedly I can't actually see the date of the auction to confirm if it is the auction from last week. If it is in fact a different auction, from some time ago, I will feel much happier! In any case someone got a good buy on it at some point: https://www.fellows.co.uk/1444-lot-4...t_detail&year=
    19th June 2014 that watch was - it was a Kermit too I think not a Hulk

  27. #27
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    125
    Thank you for this! As I said, not being able to log in to the website I couldn't actually see the auction date - I could only see it was the Kermit, which I had seen was at auction at Fellows last week. (Apologies, I was talking about the Kermit, not the Hulk; I veered slightly off topic, if tangentially so.) I thought it would be the one they just sold, and am relieved it wasn't at that price! That was the only Kermit I was able to turn up at Fellows using Google so I presumed it was the same one. Many thanks for setting me straight (and making me feel much better for having missed out on what looked like a ridiculous bargain!).

    If anyone is able to access the Fellows website to see what the one last week sold for, I'd be curious to know. Here is its listing on the Saleroom, auction 24 August, estimate £4-6k: https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...3-ac15010e07b9

    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    19th June 2014 that watch was - it was a Kermit too I think not a Hulk

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,948
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    Thank you for this! As I said, not being able to log in to the website I couldn't actually see the auction date - I could only see it was the Kermit, which I had seen was at auction at Fellows last week. (Apologies, I was talking about the Kermit, not the Hulk; I veered slightly off topic, if tangentially so.) I thought it would be the one they just sold, and am relieved it wasn't at that price! That was the only Kermit I was able to turn up at Fellows using Google so I presumed it was the same one. Many thanks for setting me straight (and making me feel much better for having missed out on what looked like a ridiculous bargain!).

    If anyone is able to access the Fellows website to see what the one last week sold for, I'd be curious to know. Here is its listing on the Saleroom, auction 24 August, estimate £4-6k: https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...3-ac15010e07b9
    So a complete xxxx up then?

  29. #29
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    125
    I think your lack of politeness is tiresome. I was only ever trying to be helpful, and though I may be fairly new to this site, places like this are much nicer if people are polite to each other. Good day to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Still nothing. Please just do what you said. No need for fluffery. Your newbie insistence is becoming tiresome.

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,948
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    I think your lack of politeness is tiresome. I was only ever trying to be helpful, and though I may be fairly new to this site, places like this are much nicer if people are polite to each other. Good day to you.
    Just try a little less avidly. Be patient. Do not plaster every thread with a post from you. No one likes a runner. Then you might be received politely.

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Your newbie insistence is becoming tiresome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    I think your lack of politeness is tiresome. I was only ever trying to be helpful, and though I may be fairly new to this site, places like this are much nicer if people are polite to each other. Good day to you.
    Sadly, the tone in TZ-UK has take a dive recently. Apologies for this. Most of us try and be polite and encouraging. Hopefully you'll persevere and hang around for a bit. Welcome!

  32. #32
    Grand Master Foxy100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Die FuchsrŲhre
    Posts
    14,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    I think your lack of politeness is tiresome. I was only ever trying to be helpful, and though I may be fairly new to this site, places like this are much nicer if people are polite to each other. Good day to you.
    Nobody else likes him either. Much like green Subs a few years back. Now they're worth money they're remarkably popular.
    "A man of little significance"

  33. #33
    Master murkeywaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Near the sea
    Posts
    4,532
    Just logged into Fellows but you need a subscription to view the archives now, I will say, as itís a popular auction with collectors most watches go for a fair price with no bargains especially once the fees are included, something like a Submariner will always fetch close to market value..

  34. #34
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    125
    Thank you, that is very kind, and I appreciate it.


    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Sadly, the tone in TZ-UK has take a dive recently. Apologies for this. Most of us try and be polite and encouraging. Hopefully you'll persevere and hang around for a bit. Welcome!

  35. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,948
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    Thank you, that is very kind, and I appreciate it.
    My pleasure.

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Do not plaster every thread with a post from you. No one likes a runner.
    It seems to be the norm will a few new members who recently joined and are up past 100 posts already. Does not take a genius to know why!

  37. #37
    Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    9,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    My pleasure.
    Cock!

  38. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,948
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    It seems to be the norm will a few new members who recently joined and are up past 100 posts already. Does not take a genius to know why!
    My point exactly. Tiresome.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Cock!
    Get up with the plot.

  39. #39
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,048
    Some strange pricing at Milton's. They have an SD 16600 in mint condition for £8199 which feels decent in this market. Then they have a white dial ceramic Daytona for £22950 which feels anything but decent, especially as I'd rather own the 16600 all day long.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

  40. #40
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Merry Old England
    Posts
    12,129
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Some strange pricing at Milton's. They have an SD 16600 in mint condition for £8199 which feels decent in this market. Then they have a white dial ceramic Daytona for £22950 which feels anything but decent, especially as I'd rather own the 16600 all day long.
    Agreed. As posted earlier it seems the Hulks suddenly gained about £3k each once the news came out.

  41. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,948
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Cock!
    My pleasure.

  42. #42
    All the hagglers and low ballers (you know who you are) must be kicking themselves now when I sold mine for 11k firm last month.
    Beautiful watch. Just didn't wear it.
    The new No date sub looks lovely but given that only the elite/special few will be able to buy one, the whole spectacle of 'New releases' is a bit pointless.

  43. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,948
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Sadly, the tone in TZ-UK has take a dive recently. Apologies for this. Most of us try and be polite and encouraging. Hopefully you'll persevere and hang around for a bit. Welcome!
    Runners excepted?

  44. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    All the hagglers and low ballers (you know who you are) must be kicking themselves now when I sold mine for 11k firm last month.
    Always the way. TZ expects better than trade pricing or they're not interested. They never wanted the watch they wanted a deal.

  45. #45
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Norf Yorks
    Posts
    37,770
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Always the way. TZ expects better than trade pricing or they're not interested. They never wanted the watch they wanted a deal.
    Nonsense - you have only been here 2 minutes yourself, so how can you say it is 'Always the way'.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  46. #46
    Master vRSG60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Barrowford - Lancashire
    Posts
    2,849
    Theyíll always be hideous whatever the price.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    Theyíll always be hideous whatever the price.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1

  48. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Nonsense - you have only been here 2 minutes yourself, so how can you say it is 'Always the way'.
    You really are boring.

  49. #49
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,265
    Blog Entries
    1
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CEe8sargLGy/?hl=en

    Prices likely to stay high. This is what is wrong with the market. Dealers hording watches and driving up the price.

  50. #50
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    4,109
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    All the hagglers and low ballers (you know who you are) must be kicking themselves now when I sold mine for 11k firm last month.
    Beautiful watch. Just didn't wear it.
    The new No date sub looks lovely but given that only the elite/special few will be able to buy one, the whole spectacle of 'New releases' is a bit pointless.
    Similar. Sold mine to my brother a few months back as I just wasnít wearing it. Iím just of the opinion now that if Iím not wearing a watch thereís no point in having it and whilst itís nice to know a watch is worth more than you paid itís never been about investments to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information