closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hulk for 20000? [emoji848]

Hybrid View

Hulk for 20000?

Does anyone know of anybody who has actually paid these crazy prices on Facebook for the discontinued Hulk??? Is it in the same league as Daytonas and Blue Skydweller?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Bucko; 3rd September 2020 at 11:57.

Blog Entries
    Same league - more so, as its discontinued. Rather not say what the league is as this is a public forum.

Its no 16610LV
    It's just a matter of time...

A dealer close to me has three or four listed on their site and all are around 15k.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    A dealer close to me has three or four listed on their site and all are around 15k.
    Which dealer is that please?

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Which dealer is that please?
    https://www.miltonsdiamonds.com/watches-c26/rolex-m28

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Thanks.
    Those were going for between 12-13k at the weekend and then miraculously went up to a shade under 15k yesterday.

Some strange pricing at Milton's. They have an SD 16600 in mint condition for 8199 which feels decent in this market. Then they have a white dial ceramic Daytona for 22950 which feels anything but decent, especially as I'd rather own the 16600 all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Some strange pricing at Milton's. They have an SD 16600 in mint condition for 8199 which feels decent in this market. Then they have a white dial ceramic Daytona for 22950 which feels anything but decent, especially as I'd rather own the 16600 all day long.
    Agreed. As posted earlier it seems the Hulks suddenly gained about 3k each once the news came out.

5 digit watches are discontinued but not that many are worth 20k..

Watchfinder has a 2015 Hulk for 18,450

It's the customer who drives the prices. As for the recent increase, I'm sure we can agree it's not miraculous, they are just responding to market conditions and the expected increase in demand. I'm just pleased I bought my LVc from this very forum for under 5k.

Journeyman
    Lucky you! I'd say you hit the jackpot with that. I suppose you can still find the odd deal out there if you're fortunate; I saw an LV sold at auction recently for around 4k, which seems a great price relative to what you typically see (as far as asking price, anyway, though admittedly I don't know what people actually are willing to pay). I felt pretty disappointed I hadn't kept an eye on the auction, as I saw it was listed but was convinced it was going to sell for far beyond that and didn't even look on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    It's the customer who drives the prices. As for the recent increase, I'm sure we can agree it's not miraculous, they are just responding to market conditions and the expected increase in demand. I'm just pleased I bought my LVc from this very forum for under 5k.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    I saw an LV sold at auction recently for around 4k, which seems a great price relative to what you typically see (as far as asking price, anyway, though admittedly I don't know what people actually are willing to pay).
    What auction was it?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    What auction was it?
    Fellows I think.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I feel very sad for selling my LVc to a well known watch seller four years ago, for ~5K. A lot seemed to happen between 2016 and 2019/20.

( In my WISdom I bought another LVc privately last year for an awful lot more than that. Lets hope I learn my lesson )

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I feel very sad for selling my LVc to a well known watch seller four years ago, for ~5K. A lot seemed to happen between 2016 and 2019/20.

( In my WISdom I bought another LVc privately last year for an awful lot more than that. Lets hope I learn my lesson )
    You sold one to me too Martyn... which is still proudly part of the collection and worn regularly

Craftsman
    Have to admit, if I was to be able to get 20k for my Hulk Id sell it & use that money for a WG Daytona on Oysterflex right away.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    You sold one to me too Martyn... which is still proudly part of the collection and worn regularly
    Must be a different Martyn. I’ve only had 2 Hulk (and own one). There is a martynjc

Master
    Wouldnt be surprised if some shady dealers sale to each other to artificially inflate prices and drive wrong behaviours through FOMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Dont bother with these overhyped metal trinkets (I have a horologically more interesting zenith chrono languishing on SC instead)

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Dont bother with these overhyped metal trinkets (I have a horologically more interesting zenith chrono languishing on SC instead)
    I have a Zenith El Primero CHRONO Moonphase. Amazing looking watch

Just logged into Fellows but you need a subscription to view the archives now, I will say, as its a popular auction with collectors most watches go for a fair price with no bargains especially once the fees are included, something like a Submariner will always fetch close to market value..

Theyll always be hideous whatever the price.

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    Theyll always be hideous whatever the price.

+1

Master
    Blog Entries
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CEe8sargLGy/?hl=en

Prices likely to stay high. This is what is wrong with the market. Dealers hording watches and driving up the price.

Master

Hulk for 20,000

Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post

Prices likely to stay high. This is what is wrong with the market. Dealers hording watches and driving up the price.
    Dealers will eventually settle and the hulk will find its level with buyers. I think above ceramic gmt and below ceramic Daytona. That is the natural historical level for a nice sub.

Thats just bloody ridiculous. The industry in an image sadly.

Basically that guy is taking the p*** out of the buyers who are prepared to give him his 20k for each of those watches. In an ideal world buyers would refuse to pay his price and that smile might be the other way round. If no one was buying, prices would fall.

Craftsman
    Guys Im new-ish here too. Joined in lockdown. I have also noticed a bit of unnecessary antagonism of late. Whilst, the antagonism hasnt been directed my way yet (just a light touch of Skymans sarcasm which was well received), it didnt seem apparent earlier in the year. I appreciate there are some rules of the road that new members need to learn but for the most part a bit of courtesy goes a long way. In my case, I have shown increased enthusiasm because lockdown has really allowed me to reconnect with my long time watch hobby...not because Im desperate to buy watches, knives, speakers, bikes, fishing nets or anything on sales corner. I am finding this forum a real mine of information - Wallasey Runner, Walkerwek and Wileeeeeey are a few of my favourite contributors. Im sure Ill take a forum beating for this, but wanted to express my views.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    I have also noticed a bit of unnecessary antagonism of late.

Often there is good reason for the antagonism.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    Guys Im new-ish here too. Joined in lockdown. I have also noticed a bit of unnecessary antagonism of late. Whilst, the antagonism hasnt been directed my way yet (just a light touch of Skymans sarcasm which was well received), it didnt seem apparent earlier in the year. I appreciate there are some rules of the road that new members need to learn but for the most part a bit of courtesy goes a long way. In my case, I have shown increased enthusiasm because lockdown has really allowed me to reconnect with my long time watch hobby...not because Im desperate to buy watches, knives, speakers, bikes, fishing nets or anything on sales corner. I am finding this forum a real mine of information - Wallasey Runner, Walkerwek and Wileeeeeey are a few of my favourite contributors. Im sure Ill take a forum beating for this, but wanted to express my views.

You make a good point...i have been on here for 8 years and apart from the bear pit it is normally a good friendly forum but over the last few months even Watch Talk and George and Dragon threads have ended up with some real negative comments.

I put it down to most people locked up for months on end with nothing better to do and a few older members turning more like Victor Meldrew every passing day.

Master
    To avoid confusion, may I point out again that miltonsdiamonds is (while thoroughly decent) run by relatives and their watches are nothing to do with me, the shops I run or my website.
    H

Hulk for 20,000

If we the public are willing to pay it the dealers will sell at those prices, if all dealers made a pact to price fix then thats a different story but they are just adjusting prices to the supply vs demand..

Master

Hulk for 20,000

I had one from AD in 2016,sold it for 7k, missed it so I repurchased in October 2019 for 11.5k, a pretty premium that only a few would have paid. Glad I swallowed my pride and admitted I made a mistake by selling my first one.
    Last edited by ac11111; 3rd September 2020 at 08:26.

Blog Entries

Hulk mistake

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I had one from AD in 2016,sold it for 7k, missed it so I repurchased in October 2019 for 11.5k, a pretty premium that only a few would have paid. Glad I swallowed my pride and admitted I made a mistake by selling my first one.
    I wont be making that mistake of selling mine but I can assure you have have many a tail down the years that mirror your situation. Awesome that you bought it back and I suppose the upshot is that youve more than made the money back you have lost (in a perverse way). 👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel76 View Post
    I wont be making that mistake of selling mine but I can assure you have have many a tail down the years that mirror your situation. Awesome that you bought it back and I suppose the upshot is that youve more than made the money back you have lost (in a perverse way). 👍
    Yes you are right, I also think in that round about man maths way, that I lost out by having one at retail and then buying it back at big premium. So the recent spike up has definitely fully alleviated that now!

It is all a play of supply and demand and a lot of speculation. Feels like there is the need to make the Hulk worth more than it actually does, now that it's being discontinued.

If I had 20k to spend on a watch, I would probably look for a AP RO, far better looking, versatile and with much more heritage, imho...

But then again, if I had 20k for a hobby, that would be for travelling.

Inviato dal mio LG-H870 utilizzando Tapatalk

At 20k I would be buying something white gold instead. WG Daytona on Oysterflex, a blue dial BLRO or a Smurf. People need to control their emotions when buying, their FOMO is costing them thousands.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    At 20k I would be buying something white gold instead. WG Daytona on Oysterflex, a blue dial BLRO or a Smurf. People need to control their emotions when buying, their FOMO is costing them thousands.
    +1 I can think of plenty of nice precious metal watches id have in front of the hulk at 20k

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4389 View Post
    +1 I can think of plenty of nice precious metal watches id have in front of the hulk at 20k

I agree. I cant see the lure of buying at double the price unless you seriously want to keep it forever. Cant see how at 20,000 you would ever do anything except lose money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    I agree. I can’t see the lure of buying at double the price unless you seriously want to keep it forever. Can’t see how at 20,000 you would ever do anything except lose money.

I tend to agree with this specific example at 20k, however it’s that logic that has seen me not buy Daytona’s at 10k that are now 18k, and not buy nice 5513’s at 5k that are now 12k......

So as per the post above, as much as I don’t like doing it, if I want a watch and it’s available and it’s a nice one, get it and enjoy it. They don’t often get cheaper, but if that does happen don’t let it bother you as it’ll have depreciated significantly less that the car sitting on your drive.

Master
    IMO Hulks will be back about 12K in 6 months time-about the same as 5 digit Kermits.
    I expect this to be quoted if they are at 25K .

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    IMO Hulks will be back about 12K in 6 months time-about the same as 5 digit Kermits.
    I expect this to be quoted if they are at 25K .
    If theyre selling for 15k used now, what makes you think people will suddenly sell for 12k in 6 months? People tend to be overly optimistic about life, likelihood is they hold on rather than sell. The 12k Hulk ship has sailed lads, nothing to see here unless youve got 15-20k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    If theyre selling for 15k used now, what makes you think people will suddenly sell for 12k in 6 months? People tend to be overly optimistic about life, likelihood is they hold on rather than sell. The 12k Hulk ship has sailed lads, nothing to see here unless youve got 15-20k.

Because there is an initial uplift due to them being discontinued.
    IMO this will not be a sustainable uplift .
    The Pepsi GMT was on SC at 12K last week so I'm not sure people are going to go over that for a hulk once the madness has gone.
    There is also the small matter of lots of job losses and deep recession with tax hikes looming so I would strap in.
    Oh yeh and Brexit has still to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post

Could have said the same thing when the BLNR was 12k last year. Isn't 12k now. The Hulk will enjoy a lift now because no Hulks are available -- the new ones haven't trickled out yet and the old one isn't produced anymore.

Once the new ones are on a few wrists and on all the grey websites it will calm down as demand will be split into two different watches. With most things hype/Rolex related the newest model nearly always demands the bigger premium. The new 'Cermit' isn't a 20k watch so the Hulk can't be one either.

Master
    People need to control their emotions when buying, their FOMO is costing them thousands.
    People buy what they want, their money etc.

At 20k I would be buying something white gold instead. WG Daytona on Oysterflex, a blue dial BLRO or a Smurf.
    I would agree but you will always have people that want to follow the current trends!

I agree with this, but in all honesty 20k might not get you too much in WG. Some of those on your list are much more expensive even second hand. You might get a Daytona on a Oysterflex, but I think you would struggle to get one on a bracelet. Might be wrong, usually am with prices