closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 Thom Browne Limited edition

Craftsman

New Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 Thom Browne Limited edition

If anyone is considering upgrading their phone, Samsung just released the new Galaxy Z Fold 2 Thom Browne limited edition.

Price is £3000. For a Samsung mobile Phone.

Form an orderly queue.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphon...e-edition/buy/

Master
    To be fair, that does include a "watch" and some ear buds.

Limited to 5000 - better get in quick.

Rob.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks mobile phone prices have reached insanity levels for a product with a battery that can't be replaced so 4 year lifespan.

Batteries are replaceable but via a phone tec mostly.
    Saying that most people upgrade after 2 years anyway. Saying all this I absolutely agree that prices are ridiculous at the higher end of the range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks mobile phone prices have reached insanity levels for a product with a battery that can't be replaced so 4 year lifespan.
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Thomas Reid
    I'm still using a phone (LG G5) from 2016. It was one of the last mainstream phones built to allow user replacement of the battery. So I get a new battery each year, and use the previous year's battery as a backup. It also is supported by LineageOS so it has Android 10 and monthly security updates. (I build and sign the phone's ROM locally, and have my own OTA server, just for good measure.)

So far, I've seen no reason to replace the G5. I've even got a spare for parts. However, when I do replace it, it will probably be with a Fairphone. Independently of them being as "woke" as possible with phone production, what sold me on them is what they just did. The camera on last year's (?) Fairphone 3 was a bit weak. This year they have come out with a Fairphone 3+, with a better camera. Since the phone is modular, you can just buy the new camera module and put it in last year's Fairphone 3. Now, that is the way to go!

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Last edited by rfrazier; 2nd September 2020 at 10:23.

I like how there are more pics of the accessories than of the phone itself.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier View Post
    However, when I do replace it, it will probably be with a Fairphone. Independently of them being as "woke" as possible with phone production, what sold me on them is what they just did. The camera on last year's (?) Fairphone 3 was a bit weak. This year they have come out with a Fairphone 3+, with a better camera. Since the phone is modular, you can just buy the new camera module and put it in last year's Fairphone 3. Now, that is the way to go!

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Fairphone looks a good shout. Just looked at their website and their prices are actually very reasonable for a new handset and on par with equivalent handsets from other manufacturers. Plus the modularity/upgradability is a huge bonus of course. If I hadn't just gotten a new phone I'd be seriously considering a Fairphone.