closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Didnt get the call so made a call instead and lo and behold...

Didnt get the call so made a call instead and lo and behold...

Well well well, what a day, so as a few know I’ve been looking for a Tudor BB58 in Blue on a bracelet over the last week or so.

Had a couple of tips to ring some places but unfortunately out of stock and basically I’d have to go on a waiting list.

So after starting the day with an eye test and the disappointing news that I am now in the first stage of needing reading glasses (getting old) the day suddenly picked up.

I decided to chance my arm and ring my local Tudor stockist to enquire about a BB58 Blue and how long I’d have to wait on a list for...

So imagine the shock when the assistant manager informed me over the phone he had one in the window for people to try only but “I do have one in stock as well for sale” I nearly fell off the chair, so jumping back in the car and back into town and I’m now the proud owner of a Tudor BB58 Blue, which I really do think is the best Tudor watch out there (apart from the original Blue Sub) and by far the best looking and fitting watch I’ve had from the brand.

I did start the day as well thinking about going into the Rolex dealership and enquiring about how my progress on ‘the list’ for a ND Sub which I got put on a year ago is going but I didn’t fancy being laughed out of the store tbh.

Let’s just say I’m buzzing, I have to say Tudor you have made one hell of a watch for the price and the blue is spectacular and needs to be seen in the flesh, a beautiful looking watch which is a great size, nice and slim and unlike Rolex, a watch you can actually buy lol, plus I don’t feel as self conscious waking around with this on like I do whenever I have purchased and worn a Rolex...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Martylaa; 1st September 2020 at 16:22.

Congratulations! Yep, sometimes you just have to be on the front foot instead of just waiting on the list.
    Worth the drive back into town I think.

Feels like Rolex is taking the piss a bit tbh.

Master
    Lucky man! Enjoy it, looks awesome. I have toyed with the idea of getting one - tried one on recently and they are a lovely tone of blue.

That is so cool. Congratulations. Something nice to play with while you are waiting.

Master
    Well done - great watch!

Master
    Fantastic! Great reward for taking the bull by the horns.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Great story and a result! I really like the BB58 Blue, I think Tudor have nailed it with that one. If I didn't have its distant relative (blue 79090) I'd be looking for one as well.

Great result and beautiful watch - many congratulations!

Big congrats, I've yet to see the blue in the flesh and I'm lucky to own the OG BB58 which I love (mine bought to commemorate my daughter being born).

I do really fancy a blue dial watch and this ticks a lot of boxes, just my rule of 1 watch 1 brand is stopping me!

Enjoy

Congratulations, I love it when things like that happen on the spur of the moment. A great looking watch, I wouldnt mind one myself!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    It’s growing on me, if I could get passed the Tudor hour hand... It’s close between this and the new Omega non-date coming out soon - which I have my name down for (when it comes out).

Just looked again - well done OP! It is a cracking watch! Super movement too
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 1st September 2020 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Its growing on me, if I could get passed the Tudor hour hand... Its close between this and the new Omega non-date coming out soon - which I have my name down for (when it comes out).

Just out of interest what new no date Omega? The Nekten? or the revamped 300mc?

Thanks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Its growing on me, if I could get passed the Tudor hour hand... Its close between this and the new Omega non-date coming out soon - which I have my name down for (when it comes out).

It's not the hour hand but the circular hour markers that are the problem ;)

Banned
    Sometimes you have to take the initiatives for make the call yourself! Lovely watch, tudors finest at the moment

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Just out of interest what new no date Omega? The Nekten? or the revamped 300mc?

Thanks
    The Nekton is of interest to me
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 1st September 2020 at 16:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Well well well, what a day, so as a few know I’ve been looking for a Tudor BB58 in Blue on a bracelet over the last week or so.

Had a couple of tips to ring some places but unfortunately out of stock and basically I’d have to go on a waiting list.

So after starting the day with an eye test and the disappointing news that I am now in the first stage of needing reading glasses (getting old) the day suddenly picked up.

I decided to chance my arm and ring my local Tudor stockist to enquire about a BB58 Blue and how long I’d have to wait on a list for...

So imagine the shock when the assistant manager informed me over the phone he had one in the window for people to try only but “I do have one in stock as well for sale” I nearly fell off the chair, so jumping back in the car and back into town and I’m now the proud owner of a Tudor BB58 Blue, which I really do think is the best Tudor watch out there (apart from the original Blue Sub) and by far the best looking and fitting watch I’ve had from the brand.

I did start the day as well thinking about going into the Rolex dealership and enquiring about how my progress on ‘the list’ for a ND Sub which I got put on a year ago is going but I didn’t fancy being laughed out of the store tbh.

Let’s just say I’m buzzing, I have to say Tudor you have made one hell of a watch for the price and the blue is spectacular and needs to be seen in the flesh, a beautiful looking watch which is a great size, nice and slim and unlike Rolex, a watch you can actually buy lol, plus I don’t feel as self conscious waking around with this on like I do whenever I have purchased and worn a Rolex...

Very nice; given the latest changes to the Rolex range Id say its possibly the best offering from the business!
    Congratulations

Well done mate. Happy for you.

Master
    What a result!

I would be more than happy to own that.

scooter

Journeyman
    An absolutely cracking watch! It looks fantastic on you. It goes to show you perseverance in these things is key. Wear it in good health!

Blog Entries
    I have to say I'm not really a fan of the Tudor brand generally but that is a really nice looking watch. I could wear that.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Now with a fair collection of watches, a lot of how I end up connecting with a watch is down to the acquisition experience. Moments like when you make an opportunistic phonecall or get a surprise from an AD start the relationship with your new watch on a good footing. When you buy grey market at a premium or theres a defect (albeit covered by warranty), the opposite effect happens. Im so glad to hear you got your watch and love it. As I just said on a different thread: fortune favours the persistent. Enjoy it, sir.

Have to say I can't stop admiring it, hits all my spots tbh, beautifully made, perfect sizes (for me) with its 39mm case and slim design with 20mm strap which lets it sit perfectly on the wrist, an amazingly clear simple dial in the blue and a great price compared to other watches and brands...

Great story, well worth the trouble. Now there's a story!

Journeyman
    Well wear! Have to say the frustration over Rolex would also make me consider a blue Tudor. Pretty much the same build quality, better value for money. And of course, blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Have to say I can't stop admiring it, hits all my spots tbh, beautifully made, perfect sizes (for me) with its 39mm case and slim design with 20mm strap which lets it sit perfectly on the wrist, an amazingly clear simple dial in the blue and a great price compared to other watches and brands...
    Congratulations. The two BB58 models are a couple of my favourites.

I would happily dump both my Submariners before my BB58-N. Looking forward to trying on the new blue model.
    Last edited by gbn13; 1st September 2020 at 21:42.

Very nice watch! Well done on your acquisition.

Assuming there is only one model with this blue bezel, I was in Cambridge today and there was one in the window at Frazer Hart and another in the Mappin and Webb store.

They also both had GMTs on bracelet and NATOs.

Maybe theyre becoming easier to find?

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Very nice watch! Well done on your acquisition.

Assuming there is only one model with this blue bezel, I was in Cambridge today and there was one in the window at Frazer Hart and another in the Mappin and Webb store.

They also both had GMTs on bracelet and NATOs.

Maybe theyre becoming easier to find?
    Seems a few places have them on the NATOs and straps more than the bracelet, the guy who I dealt with today said he got three BB blues last week and mine was the last one, he did say there is still about a 10 week wait for the original BB58 which surprised me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree its a great watch - enjoy
    Works on leather too

Journeyman
    I've been trying to get my hands on the blue one with a NATO strap, but seems my stockist only has them on steel. I actually want to go diving with this!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
    I've been trying to get my hands on the blue one with a NATO strap, but seems my stockist only has them on steel. I actually want to go diving with this!
    I would replace the stock NATO before diving. In case youre not aware, the pins are woven directly into the strap making the safety properties of a true NATO redundant.

I would buy on the bracelet then fit a NATO of your choice. There are lots of high quality proper replicas of the Tudor colour way.

Journeyman
    That does look great on a leather strap! Very nice indeed.

One of the things I like best about the 58s is how versatile they seem to be; they look good on just about everything Ive seen them on.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I agree its a great watch - enjoy
    Works on leather too