closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 41mm Rolex Sub

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Two tone now has stainless crown????

And white text.....

Now updated to gold crown on the Rolex website - much better imho.

https://www.rolex.com/watches/submar...13lb-0002.html
    Last edited by jukeboxs; 1st September 2020 at 11:43.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Yes. I wouldn't pay it back when the Sub was £2700 the kermit was £3k+. Think Mike Wood objected too but he may have changed his mind years later. Friend of mine wears his every day at his shop. Has the original bezel tucked away.
    Thank you, that's interesting and good to know.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Now updated to gold crown on the Rolex website - much better imho.

https://www.rolex.com/watches/submar...13lb-0002.html
    Looks much better with the gold crown if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Looks much better with the gold crown if you ask me.
    Indeed. Good to see it was just a website blip.

Juat wondering if there’s any details about the 3200 movement?

Fmf

I think the new ‘Cermit’ (don’t blame me!) has more in common with the Harrods Tudor than it has the Hulk (similar darkened dial, 41mm, 70 hour power reserve etc) You might therefore be better off getting on the waiting list for one of those as opposed to sitting it out 3-4 years for a brand new Rolex?

Master
    The black dial with the blue or green bezel just doesn’t work for me, I much prefer the matching dial of the Hulk/Smurf. If I had to pick one of the new release Subs it would be the two tone blue.

Was sure I'd put my name down for the Cermit, but now not so sure. I really can't see the blue WG being a big seller. [Thanks to a Rolex Forum poster for the link.]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9llMaWI1scI

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Two tone now has stainless crown????

And white text.....

This I got from the Forbes article

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolbe...20-lineup/amp/

The crown is Gold here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    The black dial with the blue or green bezel just doesn’t work for me, I much prefer the matching dial of the Hulk/Smurf. If I had to pick one of the new release Subs it would be the two tone blue.
    I completely share your opinion. The Kermit still somehow looked nice with the black dial and the green aluminum bezel but the same combo for some reason in the new ceramic variant doesn't work. Maybe it will grow on me when I see it in flesh or some videos of the real watch.

The two tone however is always so pleasing to the eye both in the pre ceramic version and the current one.

Master
    More choice is a good thing as it keeps more people happy. Bring it on I say.

I will keep my 16610 but someone else will prefer the new stuff so we are all happy bunnies.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Is it just me that finds the nicknames for Rolex Professional models extremely grating?

Banned
    Cermit! It already has a name!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodguy View Post
    Whoever coined it didn't do a bad job I'd say.. Bark & Jack was already looking for a new nick for the new subs... This one is the answer.

It was some geezer on TRF wot named the ‘Cermit’ late last night when they were all foaming at the mouths over the new releases. It’ll probably stick in our minds - whether we like it or not unfortunately.

I can't get exercised about any new steels sports Rolex that will appear in price lists and nowhere else.

Let's be honest, the Sub jumped the shark years ago when it got that daft ceramic bezel.

Blog Entries
    So I wasn't far out with wanting a Sub with slimmer lugs then!

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...er-better-case

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    And the Sub dial and bezel on the Explorer 2 case.....

Given my poor editing skills, I think it still shows the difference. I think the sub would look better with the slightly slimmer lugs.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 1st September 2020 at 17:47.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Apprentice
    I'm a fan and might be making the leap i think!

Quote Originally Posted by CameraJoe View Post
    Just wait until you get to he AD, you might be leaping backwards

Master
    Can’t help noticing how the least expensive version of a Rolex can be the best. Take the new 41mm Sub. Simplest version, no date, all black, no two-tone or coloured bezels. Perfect in its basic, unpretentious, appearance. Adding more to it, is less......
    And it already has a name....it’s a submariner.
    Last edited by paskinner; 1st September 2020 at 18:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodguy View Post
    It is being called the Shrek in many places

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CameraJoe View Post
    I'll get one if I can. Natural progression from the 16610 I think. Be nice to have both.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would have liked them to have kept the green dial and added a black bezel for the LV.

Journeyman
    I like the improvements, but I had really hoped for an all blue steel sub, preferably no date. It would have been my ideal Rolex

But I guess that was asking for too much. If anyone knows of a reasonable price 116622 Yacht Master 40 blue, please let me know!

Journeyman
    I went to Laings in Southampton today as I had already registered my interest in a 114060 and wanted to update it to the new Submariner, they pointed out I hadn’t brought anything from them in the year since I’d registered or had anything serviced, to which I pointed out they don’t service Garmin smart watches.

I appreciate the limited stock and they want to reward spending customers however I don’t want to flip the watch I want a nice watch that I can pass to my future children. My girlfriend doesn’t wear jewellery so I’m not going to buy her any and it feels like a Mexican stand off they won’t sell me a submariner without me buying something but I also refuse to use them for an engagement ring when I pop the question in a couple of years unless they sell me a Submariner. Nobody would buy anything from Currys if they insisted that you buy a kettle and toaster to buy a fridge or washing machine.

I do like the look of the new 41mm sub but I realise I probably won’t be able to acquire one from an AD and I refuse to pay inflated grey market prices!

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Just wait until you get to he AD, you might be leaping backwards

Master
    What’s the lug to lug and lug width of the new subs?

Journeyman

Wink

Same as yourself, been on the list for the 114060 for a few months now from the AD in Dublin, I presume that changes to the new model automatically now. No word of having to buy or service anything in there, but was told the waiting list was 12-18 months. I'm under no illusion that I won't be bumped down by any randomer coming in off the street that buys his wife an undesirable ladies Rolex though

Master
    i look at the blue bezel one and the blue seemed familiar but i couldn't recall why. Then tonight I was clearing up some of my daughter's books....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    i look at the blue bezel one and the blue seemed familiar but i couldn't recall why. Then tonight I was clearing up some of my daughter's books....
    The Rolex Bump?

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    It is being called the Shrek in many places
    It’s being called “cernt get one” everywhere

Master
    made me smile thinking of that nickname. seemed to fit...the back dial mouth, the blue, and the white minute marker bandages...the whole package!

Master
    Good luck being on a list for LV & swapping to the new green bezel Sub, got told new model new list, f###ers!

Master
    The new sub nd looks perfect to me.
    The changes they have made are spot on, the case shape especially is a big improvement in my view and the bracelet is now in proportion to the case. The new movement is the icing on the cake. I'd be very happy to add it to my 14060M

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think I’m in the minority but I think the lugs thing is a complete non issue. Wearing my supercase I don’t notice the lugs at all once on the wrist.

However I tried on a black bay 41 with slimmer lugs and it felt substantially larger than a 40mm, and the 21mm bracelet is going to have bulk to it, especially with the clasp also being wider.

In the pics I think the new case definitely looks the nicer shape but I fear on the wrist it might be a bit too close to a deepsea.
    Last edited by pete-r; 2nd September 2020 at 01:08.

Quote Originally Posted by unkel View Post
    If anyone knows of a reasonable price 116622 Yacht Master 40 blue, please let me know!
    There’s one on SC I think.

I’m reserving judgment until I see one in the flesh. I had my name down for a sub date (and wasnt prepared to skip the waiting list by buying a Bremont or three at rrp) but I’m guessing I won’t see one for at least 6 months now.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

This made me giggle. Introducing the Rolex Starbucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I quite like the idea of the green bezel (despite wishing they had slimmed down the Sub to 39mm instead of raising it up to 41), especially as I've never been able to snag a Kermit, which I also like. But I'm not sure I'll ever be able to look at it now without thinking of a well known coffee chain! So thanks a lot for that.

Hopefully the actual shade of green used will look a bit different in person....

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Yep. Wish they'd stayed at 40 tho.
    Me too. It always seemed to me that sticking to 40mm while the other brands threw ever larger cases at us was rolex saying "we got it right and we're sticking to it".

People are already singing the praises of the new lugs but, at the end of the day, the submariner just became a bigger bulkier watch.

Theyll sell though - to the chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Me too. It always seemed to me that sticking to 40mm while the other brands threw ever larger cases at us was rolex saying "we got it right and we're sticking to it".
    That's also why the ballooning of the Explorer was unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    That's also why the ballooning of the Explorer was unforgivable.
    Yes, another example.

[QUOTE=Megatron;5520567]This made me giggle. Introducing the Rolex Starbucks

:-) i quite like the green bezel but would want to see in the metal, I hope the starbucks name sticks. Made me smile too

Journeyman
    I’ll be quite happy if the Starbucks name sticks, the sillier the better, too many people taking things far too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
    I went to Laings in Southampton today as I had already registered my interest in a 114060 and wanted to update it to the new Submariner, they pointed out I hadn’t brought anything from them in the year since I’d registered or had anything serviced, to which I pointed out they don’t service Garmin smart watches.

I appreciate the limited stock and they want to reward spending customers however I don’t want to flip the watch I want a nice watch that I can pass to my future children. My girlfriend doesn’t wear jewellery so I’m not going to buy her any and it feels like a Mexican stand off they won’t sell me a submariner without me buying something but I also refuse to use them for an engagement ring when I pop the question in a couple of years unless they sell me a Submariner. Nobody would buy anything from Currys if they insisted that you buy a kettle and toaster to buy a fridge or washing machine.

I do like the look of the new 41mm sub but I realise I probably won’t be able to acquire one from an AD and I refuse to pay inflated grey market prices!
    Not surprised and good on you sticking to your guns. It's only a watch, plenty of others available. If they refuse to add you to the list and there's nothing available you actually want to buy, then I think you're absolutely right to vote with your feet.

Blog Entries
    Taking SWMBO Datejust in to the AD for a service today. Going to ask about the availability of the 41mm Sub. Don't expect much joy.

Master
    [QUOTE=TonyAFC8;5520720]
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post

:-) i quite like the green bezel but would want to see in the metal, I hope the starbucks name sticks. Made me smile too
    Excellent!

Banned
    I’d love to see the new 41mm. Apparently it wears smaller with the slimmer lugs.either way it’s gonna be a smash hit

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Scott View Post
    There’s one on SC I think.
    Thanks but I can't see SC because of my low post count. If there is, could you please PM me the username of the seller so I can contact them? Much obliged!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unkel View Post
    Thanks but I can't see SC because of my low post count. If there is, could you please PM me the username of the seller so I can contact them? Much obliged!
    There probably isn’t one. Don’t remember seeing it.

Journeyman
    Thanks for checking. I believe two sold this year on here for around the GBP7k mark.

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Good luck being on a list for LV & swapping to the new green bezel Sub, got told new model new list, f###ers!
    I got the opposite - was yours a family owned or group AD?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app