closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aircraft Clock for Ex RAF Bristol Britannia XM496

Aircraft Clock for Ex RAF Bristol Britannia XM496

Not really a watch WTB, more of a hope for a donation, hence why this request is in Watch Talk.

My father ( 75 ), and many other volunteers are restoring the only surviving RAF Bristol Britannia left. Its a long process and will never, in truth, ever be finish.
    Its a static plane, based at the Costwold Airport in Kemble.

Open most weekends for visitors, its free to look around and there is usually one of the EX RAF guys there to enthusiastically guide you round.

Its donation only, and many visitors don't even drop a couple of quid in the box, so funds are very limited and there is no funding from official sources.

In amongst the numerous repairs and tasks, they are missing a vital part of the cockpit instruments, an 8 day Aircraft Chronometer, they think it should be a NL 6520 type.

If anybody has one, knows where one is, then I would be very pleased to be able to put you in touch with my Dad.
    It does not need to be working, and needless to say as cheap as possible.

The Britiannia holds a special fondness for many people, and it would be great to be able to find the missing part and of course any other help is always appreciated.

More details can be found here

https://www.xm496.com/
    Last edited by keitht; 31st August 2020 at 13:23.

Have you tried a WTB on MWR? Someone on MWR might be aware of potential source.

https://www.mwrforum.net/forums/foru...st-Exchange-PX

Or maybe try TZ UK BMW

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"