closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines Legend Divers, any good?

Longines Legend Divers, any good?

Any Longines Legend Divers owners on here?
    What is your honest opinion of the watch please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am personally a fan, love the style and wears great on a nato too. Got one for my 40th

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I bough a Helson Hammerhead with the ETA movement and loved it so much a few month's later I bought the Longines Legend Diver.

2 weeks later I sold the Longines because I just thought the Helson looked so much better with the light Orange markers and handset plus it ran slightly better at +3 rather than +7 on the Legend.

Nothing against Longines because I absolutely love quite a few of their range but on this occasion the Helson won.

You can't buy the ETA version anymore but you can buy the 9039 version however it's a bit bland with all white markers and handset.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Probably just a tad big for my wrist but I've always thought these are a really nice faithful recreation of the original at reasonable money.

https://www.google.com/search?q=long...iw=375&bih=749

Plenty of threads on the topic. Have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?q=long...iw=375&bih=749

Plenty of threads on the topic. Have a look.

Journeyman
    It's on my wishlist. Trying to gauge the right price, Chisholm hunter had one for £900 but is now out of stock and kicking myself for not pulling the trigger.

Used seems to be anywhere from 800 to 1200

Advantage of helson hammerhead is doesn't have the date window

Craftsman
    I bought one from Sales Corner but I haven’t really gelled with it. It is a nice watch, and one I’ve had my eye on for a while, but it doesn’t get as much wear as my Tudor Ranger - which I thought would be sidelined by it. It may go soon enough.

I’ve had the no date since it came out and it’s beaten everything else I’ve had since, to be honest it’s spilt me for anything else. It wears beautifully, it’s smart and toolish, looks great on a variety of straps and can be found quite cheap.

Love mine - wears well with a dress shirt/suit.

Understated but a nice non-mainstream choice.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I loved the looks and versatility of it, but eventually the 52mm lug to lug got the better of me.

I keep toying with the idea of getting another but the pain of shipping it in that massive box when I inevitably flip it, puts me off.

But it looks superb on pretty much any strap you throw at it.

Master
    I found a few weaknesses with both the no-date and later date versions. Mainly the very thin hands that looked like pressed metal with poor edge finishing like small burrs. Also the inner rotating bezel had a habit of moving independently. I wouldn’t say no to trying one again however as they are great value for an established brand. I also read that the bezel issue is resolved on later models or after a service.

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    the very thin hands that looked like pressed metal with poor edge finishing like small burrs.
    Ant
    Ive owned the date and no-date models and they both wear beautifully and look superb. But as above, the cheap looking flat hands really let the watch down. The rest of it is so good, and yet the hands are just so inexplicably poorly executed.

Yea the boxes for the Heritage range are ridiculous. 3.5Kg in weight = higher shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I keep toying with the idea of getting another but the pain of shipping it in that massive box when I inevitably flip it, puts me off.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Here’s mine! Watchgecko do a waterproof and 22/18mm taper strap which is tons better than the OEM that looks almost exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Any Longines Legend Divers owners on here?
    What is your honest opinion of the watch please.
    Had one for a while and sold it on eventually. Kinda miss it at times. Really great looking watch & very versatile. Wears nicely as it's relatively flat. Fit & finish is decent.

Downsides:

• I found the inner bezel awkward to use and frustratingly hard to line up perfectly at 12 after use. It has no clicks, so you really start noticing any tiny imperfections in alignment at different points around the dial in a way that you don't on a normal bezel. You can spend ages checking whether you've got it lined up properly or if the parallax effect is frustrating your efforts, then spend the rest of the day in constant paranoia that you've got it wrong whenever you glance at it from a slightly different angle.
    • Alignment aside, it's also a bit slower to use the bezel for timing things, if that's something you do, because you have to unscrew the crown each time. This is amplified if, like me, you wear your watch on your right wrist, as it makes the crown awkward to reach (and hard to screw back in without accidentally bumping the bezel).
    • The bezel tends to rattle.

The rattle stopped bothering me fairly quickly, but I found the fiddliness of the bezel too frustrating. The bezel is one of the reasons I tend to mostly wear dive watches. I use it a lot to quickly time things. For that reason it's unlikely I'd get another one even though I really like them otherwise.

Journeyman
    I had the no date version and I loved it. The only problem is the enormous lug to lug size...

It’s a beautiful watch, I’ve tried it on multiple times and will likely own one at some point. The lug to lug is really long, which isn’t a huge issue for me as I’ve got a big wrist - but if you don’t I wouldn’t blind buy it

Quote Originally Posted by RVFIO View Post
    It’s a beautiful watch, I’ve tried it on multiple times and will likely own one at some point. The lug to lug is really long, which isn’t a huge issue for me as I’ve got a big wrist - but if you don’t I wouldn’t blind buy it
    This was an unintentional big bump after clicking from a search thinking it was latest posts

OP I hope you made your decision

Used to have the date version a few years ago. It didn't last long in the collection because I was a rapid flipper back then but it was a lovely watch...got a soft spot for any Longines.

I was looking at the skin-diver in a window the other day...I'd be tempted with that model over the LLD if I was purchasing again. Ryan had one for sale at an excellent price a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Used to have the date version a few years ago. It didn't last long in the collection because I was a rapid flipper back then but it was a lovely watch...got a soft spot for any Longines.

I was looking at the skin-diver in a window the other day...I'd be tempted with that model over the LLD if I was purchasing again. Ryan had one for sale at an excellent price a few months ago.
    I picked up the Skin Diver in the Selfridges sale at over 50% off! Couldn’t walk away at that price. Even so, thinking of adding the LLD as well. Skin Diver absolutely pops on a tropic and the Uncle Seiko BoR fits perfectly, other than the brush and polish finish is the reverse of what it needs to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned
    I’ve owned one of these in the past and was a great watch, the only thing that let it down were the hands as mentioned in an earlier post. However it’s a great vintage inspired watch in my opinion

Craftsman

They do look good on most straps, my current favourite is this Mays of Berlin grey canvas