timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for another tattoo (II)

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Lucky it's not going on your arm, then.
    Indeed. Very personal things tattoos.

Journeyman
    On a slight tangent I'd reccommend getting some Dermalize. Last piece i got in Berlin the artist used it and it was a revelation - made healing and clean up super easy

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I like the idea of a moonphase tattoo but I can't get the thought out of my mind that this one looks more like a nibbled choc chip cookie than the moon, I think because the phases don't have a defined crescent. I do like the geometric aspect to it though!
    Can’t see cookies but agree the ragged edges are odd.

That’s intense senraw, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Can’t see cookies but agree the ragged edges are odd.
    We're having conversations about the detail so I'll raise this with him and see what he comes up with.

We're having conversations about the detail so I'll raise this with him and see what he comes up with.
    I would be very careful with ''I have told my tattooist that I want as much realism to the moons as possible'', such a small area with a lot of details will look good for a couple of years but (obviously depending on the placement on the body - exposed to sun or not) then can turn into a blob-like looking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    I would be very careful with ''I have told my tattooist that I want as much realism to the moons as possible'', such a small area with a lot of details will look good for a couple of years but (obviously depending on the placement on the body - exposed to sun or not) then can turn into a blob-like looking thing.
    Yes, I've already been told to leave it to him!

Well, a bit of an update on the moon-phase tattoo, as I've been chatting to my guy Alex about it. Ignore the fact that all the photos I'm using are showing designs on the female form... just coincidence albeit that women do seem to like the moon-related stuff.

Remember that this was the base design...

Firstly, we've agreed that I don't want an armful of cookies, so the waxing and waning moons will be crescents instead along the lines of this one...

I've also sent him an image showing the kind of "realism" I have in mind, whilst at the same time giving him the necessary artistic licence...

And finally, I've asked for a bit of colour to be introduced, along the lines of this one...

I think that this input from me, coupled with Alex's own creativity, should give me something really nice and a little different to anything else I've seen. I'm actually quite excited about it now.

Journeyman
    Always worthwhile putting some research in to get across the image in your mind. I think the ideas combined should make for a great design, I look forward to the end result. It's a similar process I'm going through at the minute for another tattoo I'm considering. I have an image in mind but want to incorporate ideas / styles from a range of designs.

Master
    Won't be to everyone's taste on here but I've had these two in the last couple of months...

Journeyman
    Latest piece done last month

Quote Originally Posted by Ummar01 View Post
    On a slight tangent I'd reccommend getting some Dermalize. Last piece i got in Berlin the artist used it and it was a revelation - made healing and clean up super easy

Quote Originally Posted by Ummar01 View Post
    I used some “Sorry Mum” tattoo balm recently and it was excellent.

I had a couple of daft little ones, that mean something to me. Crap photo of one little one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had a tattoo but am booked in for January for the following,

Hoping to have it on my thigh so semi undercover. Going to ask for 3 Cubs so that the picture represents me, wife and the 3 kids...

In this location,

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Never had a tattoo but am booked in for January for the following,

Hoping to have it on my thigh so semi undercover. Going to ask for 3 Cubs so that the picture represents me, wife and the 3 kids...

In this location,

I hope you have huge thighs.

Who’s doing it and how come you’re booked if you haven’t decided the space with the artist? Or are you booked for a consultation? This drawing could just about make sense on a full back piece. I don’t think it’s possible to make such a detailed piece look good on such a small space.

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    I hope you have huge thighs.

Who’s doing it and how come you’re booked if you haven’t decided the space with the artist? Or are you booked for a consultation? This drawing could just about make sense on a full back piece. I don’t think it’s possible to make such a detailed piece look good on such a small space.

I sent the image to the tattoo artist and they never raised an objection..I’m booked in for the work so il suppose we will soon see.
    Image below was done by the same tattoo artist so hoping he can work some magic..

Link to artists Instagram;

https://instagram.com/martineztattoo...d=9kot970xhbzs

I sent the image to the tattoo artist and they never raised an objection..I’m booked in for the work so il suppose we will soon see.
    Image below was done by the same tattoo artist so hoping he can work some magic..

No plans to get a tattoo, but if I did, that's the kind of fella I'd be looking for.

Realistic tattoos tend to look very different after they heal. As a general rule of thumb, more detail - bigger space.
    I think the artist will just adjust the design on the spot and find something suitable to place on the thigh. Good luck. Nice and easy spot for a first tattoo as well, almost pleasant :-)

Just a quick update on this, but I had the tattoos done a week or so ago and will post some photos once they're properly healed. I also need to pop back for a minor touch-up so may well wait until that's done and healed as well. Otherwise, it was four hours in the chair, and I can only say that the wrist is a very, very sensitive area indeed (f*ck me, it hurt)!

I had the American Eagle which was shown a lot after 9/11.

I thought it would hurt but I actually nodded off while he was doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly;[URL="[URL
    tel:5613959[/URL]"]5613959[/URL]]I can only say that the wrist is a very, very sensitive area indeed (f*ck me, it hurt)!

I hate anyone touching my Collar bone so why I had a tattoo finishing there I don’t know?!
    Not ashamed to say I almost fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    I thought it would hurt but I actually nodded off while he was doing it.
    Odd how we respond differently to different things.

I found my tattoo painful and unpleasant, but I can drop off while getting my gums abused during a scale and polish at the dental hygienist.

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

I had a couple planned for this year, but effectively can’t leave the island for anything other than exceptional circumstances, and I would trust any local “artist”.
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Good luck guys and gals with your body choices but not for me i never wanted one and i do not find them attractive on members of the opposite sex in fact quite the reverse.
    Hear hear - tacky !

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    Hear hear - tacky !
    Ahh the classic dull retort of the non tattooed
    RIAC

Craftsman
    I m booked in Tuesday for a classic piece of Ed hardy flash on the back of my neck. Ed hardy is the god father of modern day tattooing love his work and what he brought to tattooing

Only having the rose and panther not the background cross etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Ahh the classic dull retort of the non tattooed
    Spot on. Find another thread to comment on if that’s the way you feel!

Grand Master
    No let them have an opinion just as long as they are happy to accept your opinion of their dull life choices
    RIAC

Craftsman
    I wish more people didn’t like tattoos. I got into tattooing because it wasn’t mainstream, it was outlaw, rebellious and super cool. Being heavily tattooed like I am was very unusual and I loved it. Now it’s mainstream mostly acceptable it’s lost its soul.

Real will always recognise real

I had my first tattoo when I was 16, the guy who did it was well know, which doesent mean he was good just that back then there wasent a lot of choice, most knew him has punchy, I always remember the sponge he used was filthy really filthy as was his kitchen were he did it, cost ten bob and its a wonder I dident die of blood poisoning :) kept the tattoo for 50 years and then had the eagle cover it up.

I have quite a few tattoo's but the strangest pain I had was when I was getting tattooed on my chest. When it got near the nipple I had absolutely stinging pain across my collar bone which was weird.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I have quite a few tattoo's but the strangest pain I had was when I was getting tattooed on my chest. When it got near the nipple I had absolutely stinging pain across my collar bone which was weird.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I was getting referred pain during the line work on my moonphase tattoo. It was like the other end of my arm.

Grand Master
    I was getting referred pain during the line work on my moonphase tattoo. It was like the other end of my arm.
    Knee Pits, funny bone area, and nipples are all proper treats under the needle.
    RIAC

Knee Pits, funny bone area, and nipples are all proper treats under the needle.
    Wrist was an absolute bastard.

Craftsman
    Yep, lower part of underside of wrist was painful....inside of bicep wasn’t much better

Craftsman
    Arms and legs are easy. Torso very different. Worst parts I ve been tattooed are ribs and the bit where your bum meets your leg really really painful.

Grand Master
    I liked wrists , inner fingers not so much
    RIAC

Grand Master

I have most of the dark purple and red done less head and hands oh and most of the orange and yellow too
    RIAC

Some pinchy areas for me were armpit, collarbone, shoulder blade and elbows / funnybone area... as has already been said.

But strangely, the worst that I’ve experienced was getting all 10 toes tattooed, but my feet weren’t so bad?

Craftsman

I have most of the dark purple and red done less head and hands oh and most of the orange and yellow too

I ve got a body suit and looked at that chart and thought that’s nonsense showed it to the mrs who’s a tattooist of 13 years and she thinks the same. For example Says arm ditch is worst than your ribs... 😂

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idc0001 View Post
    I wish more people didn’t like tattoos. I got into tattooing because it wasn’t mainstream, it was outlaw, rebellious and super cool. Being heavily tattooed like I am was very unusual and I loved it. Now it’s mainstream mostly acceptable it’s lost its soul.

Ive been thinking about a tattoo, but not fully made my mind up and i think its because a tattoo is fairly permanent (with the exception of having it laser removed). I will love it right now but unsure in the next decade or so - so im holding off.

The thing with something permanent is if the tide changes youre stuck with it - i recall seeing someone who had a jimmy saville tattoo before he was exposed - yikes!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idc0001 View Post

I always wondered about this . It’s like tattling has been gentrified by the middle class.

They were very much the domain of the military, council estates and the imprisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    They were very much the domain of the military, council estates and the imprisoned.
    Yup often the disempowered, people on the fringes of accepted society exerting what control they could over their own bodies, in more primitive cultures they were to represent coming of age, a major achievement/ accomplishment.

Now it's a mainstream affectation, a fashion statement, fair enough we are where we are... comparable to how dance music, illegal raves started in fields and warehouses but now it's packaged and marketed as Glasto for/at the middle classes. Nothing new under the sun or that can't have the life/novelty marketed out of it to turn a dollar.

Grand Master
    To suggest tattoos are the preserve of the council types, convicts, and military is similar to suggesting all Scots are drunks, Irish are thick, Welsh shag sheep, etc

Its narrow minded, ill founded, derogatory, and unnecessary. We are humans who make choices. Some follow, some lead. One thing I have learned over the years is never judge on appearance you will often be wrong and miss out on meeting some very genuine and interesting people.
    RIAC

Time for another tattoo (II)

The post was in the past tense, to highlight the change.

But of course one should never waste an opportunity to be offended.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    The post was in the past tense, to highlight the change.

But of course one should never waste an opportunity to be offended.
    I noted your past tense so be assured the only ones who offend me are the boring and plain
    RIAC

I noted your past tense so be assured the only ones who offend me are the boring and plain
    But by equating plain with boring are you not yourself judging others on appearance, potentially missing out on genuine and interesting people...

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    But by equating plain with boring are you not yourself judging others on appearance, potentially missing out on genuine and interesting people...
    And it wasn't "my" past tense.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Sorry double post, dunno what happened there
    Last edited by Passenger; 14th December 2020 at 12:53.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Some pinchy areas for me were armpit, collarbone, shoulder blade and elbows / funnybone area... as has already been said.

But strangely, the worst that I’ve experienced was getting all 10 toes tattooed, but my feet weren’t so bad?
    I don't have any tattoos but getting a cortisone injection into my heel smarted a fair bit as did "abrasive massage" physio to my ankle. I can therefore see that having a tattoo there might not be a walk in the park...