closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Time for another tattoo (II)

Nice one Mike, any relevance to you personally or just an appealing design? I do like it I must say!

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Nice one Mike, any relevance to you personally or just an appealing design? I do like it I must say!
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    Almost made it through 2021 without getting any. Picture just after finishing yesterday.
    Done by my pal Marko at Hand of Hope in Stockport.

Looks great..nice unique design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally had mine finished. 4 sessions in total started last April.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    Finished yesterday ...thinking about my next one

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Was that stencilled or freehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Thanks, he is bloody good.

Just one of his flash designs I saw a while back but someone else had already taken it, so a new one drawn up for me with the same idea.
    I feel like my left arm needs something to balance it out so we're working on something else that will have some meaning to it.
    When I was in someone cancelled for Jan so I should skip the 7 month wait when his books eventually open again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Was that stencilled or freehand?
    Freehand for parts

Was a cover up so the stars have been coloured into take away the focus from the tattoo underneath. Really pleased with it

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Mine from 1987. How they fade over time. Not that I see them much on my back. Never regretted them ever. Often think about having them redone and probably will do one day as I have a friend who is a very good tattoo artist. I think I paid about £300 back in the day.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    They'll touch up easily, or even cover over completely if you fancy a change. But £300 in 1987?

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Finished yesterday ...thinking about my next one

Do you have any “before” pics, of the tattoo that you covered-up?

Thanks

Freehand for parts

Was a cover up so the stars have been coloured into take away the focus from the tattoo underneath. Really pleased with it

This one was a cover up, actually.

Master
    I’ve never wanted a tattoo. But everyone is entitled to decorate their body as they see fit, or with what makes them happy.

I have some pretty cool scars though, do they count? They weren’t optional, some pr**k tried killing me on my bike!

This is last October. 2 operations, 2 full length titanium plates, a shed load of screws, staples and sutures. 9” scar along my Radius and a 12” scar along my Ulna 

Does this qualify as non optional body modification?

Last edited by neebsta; 17th December 2021 at 15:10.

Got my first (probably only) one done in August.

The hair has all grown back now.

Last edited by andy tims; 17th December 2021 at 19:13.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Got my first (probably only) one done in August.
    If you’re only having one, that’s a great choice - though they can be a little addictive! I’m currently considering a Pink Floyd lyric

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    If you’re only having one, that’s a great choice - though they can be a little addictive! I’m currently considering a Pink Floyd lyric
    Welcome to the machine?

More sensible than my thoughts of wanting a line from Hot Fuzz, I suspect.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Welcome to the machine?

More sensible than my thoughts of wanting a line from Hot Fuzz, I suspect.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    “ PI Staker? Right, PISSTAKER! COME ON!!”

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    “ PI Staker? Right, PISSTAKER! COME ON!!”
    Love it!

I was thinking "bonum commune communitatis", but your suggestion is now in the running alongside "It's just the one swan, actually"

Blog Entries

Time for another tattoo (II)

New one today and half way there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craftsman
    Wow.

Regards

V

New one today and half way there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Blimey - was that all in a single sitting? :throb:

Blog Entries
    Sleeve finished today with lower arm stag tattoo. Swollen and red but really pleased.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

I've never wanted a tattoo and I want one even less having seening these photos. That said, thanks for sharing - good to see all the same.

Blog Entries
    Thanks mate

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I've never wanted a tattoo and I want one even less having seening these photos. That said, thanks for sharing - good to see all the same.
    Maybe you should stick to the Rolex in the window thread

I'm too scared and indecisive to get a tattoo, and IMO a lot of them are derivative.

But those trees are exceptionally well done, they're almost three dimensional. I'm sure you're delighted with the whole thing.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Got myself a new one today.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I've often considered what I would get if I had a tattoo. I've never decided on a single thing I'd want permanently drawn on my skin. I am too indecisive and tend to overthink it. Fair play to those that do but I wonder if there's generally much thought into why a tattoo gets done, eg. the Freddy Kruger, or the stag and tree in the last few posts?

Going for my 2nd in late September.

Rush (the rock band) themed again, it's going to comprise the owl from Fly by Night, clutching the fireball from Vapour Trials under the clock hour markers & hands from Clockwork Angels. It's going on my forearm - 4 hours is the time estimate.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Rush (the rock band) themed again, it's going to comprise the owl from Fly by Night, clutching the fireball from Vapour Trials under the clock hour markers & hands from Clockwork Angels. It's going on my forearm - 4 hours is the time estimate.

I find tattoos quite fascinating but I don’t have any. I think I’m too scared that I will regret it.

If I were to get one it would be Rush based, I like the idea of the p/g logo - grace under pressure - an album title and also Hemmingway’s definition of courage.

I’d be interested to see the results.
    M

Craftsman
    Sleeve finished today with lower arm stag tattoo. Swollen and red but really pleased.

Really confused with what’s going on elbow up. Are the grey swirls supposed to be smoke? Wind bars or something else?

Anyone got a watch tat? Rolex crown on the bicep or something?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Anyone got a watch tat? Rolex crown on the bicep or something?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    When my friend was apprenticing in tattooing he did lots of small tattoos on my lower legs. One day he wanted to practice getting black in solid so I must admit I have a Rolex crown in give him his dues still solid black 12 years on! Things we do to further our friends careers

Some nice work in here, does anyone know a typical 3/4 sleeve cost in London, obviously depends on detail etc but just as a ballpark figure

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2982 View Post
    Got myself a new one today.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Not to everyone’s taste I’m sure, but I think that is bloody marvellous. The first ‘proper’ horror I saw as a 14yr old, 3rd film from memory.

Was fine when it was daylight, but wow I remember the worst night / nightmares ever still to this day. Really got to me!

He has always held a place close to me ever since along with the actor, Robert. Think it was the only time I’ve genuinely been scared after watching a film.

The details in that tattoo capture him, his stance, his gait etc so very well. Brilliant.

I have seriously been considering having a stick man being oppressed by a thumb to represent being under the thumb on my lower inside arm then when friends say are you staying behind for a while or something similar I could just show the tattoo, sorry but i'm under the thumb, serious :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    For me it depends what it is and where it is on the body with tattoos on women. I think this tattoo looks amazing.

Photo is from the web.
    It does while she is young. I don't have any but I do appreciate the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    It does while she is young.
    Agreed. I keep toying with the idea of another tattoo but accept that it won't look good on my overweight mid 50s saggy flab. Setting a weight loss target as an incentive

Master
    I follow some random academic on Twitter who posts about all manner of things.

I thought this was interesting article and wondered whether it’s something people on this site with tattoos would agree with or not!

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...67268119302495

“We show that, according to numerous measures, those with tattoos, especially visible ones, are more short-sighted and impulsive than the non-tattooed. Almost nothing mitigates these results, neither the motive for the tattoo, the time contemplated before getting tattooed nor the time elapsed since the last tattoo.”

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I follow some random academic on Twitter who posts about all manner of things.

I thought this was interesting article and wondered whether it’s something people on this site with tattoos would agree with or not!

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...67268119302495

“We show that, according to numerous measures, those with tattoos, especially visible ones, are more short-sighted and impulsive than the non-tattooed. Almost nothing mitigates these results, neither the motive for the tattoo, the time contemplated before getting tattooed nor the time elapsed since the last tattoo.”
    I don't have any tattoos but was a physiotherapist on a regional nerve injury centre in the 1980s. We treated many people with motorcycle injuries (usually brachial plexus injuries) and almost every one of those patients had tattoos (tattoos were nothing like as common in those days) - we were certainly of the view that there was a correlation with risk taking.

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    I don't have any tattoos but was a physiotherapist on a regional nerve injury centre in the 1980s. We treated many people with motorcycle injuries (usually brachial plexus injuries) and almost every one of those patients had tattoos (tattoos were nothing like as common in those days) - we were certainly of the view that there was a correlation with risk taking.

Interesting. Obviously tattoos have become much more popular in the last few years and I wonder whether the “profile” of people with them has changed.

I couldn’t get one as I’m far too indecisive and OCD so would never be able to make a decision what to have.
    Last edited by David_D; 12th September 2022 at 22:09.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Interesting. Obviously tattoos have become much more popular in the last few years and I wonder whether the “profile” of people with them has changed.

I couldn’t get one as I’m far too indecisive and OCD so would never be able to make a decision what to have.

You may well be right - tattoos are viewed very differently nowadays (I can remember a porter at a hospital I worked at in the 80s who was extremely competent and had a spider's web tattoo on his neck/face was almost certainly overlooked for promotion to a managerial post because it was seen as an unsuitable image) and I imagine the bar for getting one is considerably lower.

As a definitely risk averse type, I've almost reached the stage of actively considering getting one - though the thought of my ageing skin sagging rapidly over the next decade means it would not be a great look!

Master
    I've no tattoos, partly because of never having any image I thought I wanted on my body forever, I've stereotyped the people who have them and because some just look like they were done by the best artist in your house (or even the worst).

Over the years, however, I've realised people are all different, they've become more mainstream and I've grown to appreciate some of the quality tattoos such that my overriding first thought now is to assess the quality of the artwork and wonder what the motive was. If I was ever to get one then I'd save up for the best tattoo artist I could afford and get a technically good one.
    Last edited by deepreddave; 13th September 2022 at 07:51.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post

Over the years, however, I've realised people are all different, they've become more mainstream and I've grown to appreciate some of the quality tattoos such that my overriding first thought now is to assess the quality of the artwork and wonder what the motive was.
    This to me is the overriding factor when getting a tattoo. All of mine on my body are Japanese based and are linked by theme to a very important part of my life. The ones on my back (which are about 6 posts above,)when complete will tell the sum of the story.
    Last edited by alas58; 13th September 2022 at 18:05.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    This to me is the overriding factor when getting a tattoo. All of mine on my body are Japanese based and are linked by theme to a very important part of my life. The ones on my back (which are about 6 posts above,)when complete will tell the sum of the story.
    Can I ask what your motivation was for having your entire back done and why you'd choose that location given it's hard for you to view? Did you always want your back done or is the size of the canvas important for the tattoos to tell the story?

On a completely different note, did you ever own a RLT 36 by any chance? The watch not the strimmer

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Can I ask what your motivation was for having your entire back done and why you'd choose that location given it's hard for you to view? Did you always want your back done or is the size of the canvas important for the tattoos to tell the story?

On a completely different note, did you ever own a RLT 36 by any chance? The watch not the strimmer
    Yep it was me with the 36’s. Did you buy 2 from me? Also sent a PM.

This sounds interesting, have you drawn the design or was it your tattoo artist? Hope to see it once it is complete, if you're happy to post it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    Yep it was me with the 36’s. Did you buy 2 from me? Also sent a PM.
    Just the one and have pm'd back

Going for my 2nd in late September. Rush (the rock band) themed again, it's going to comprise the owl from Fly by Night, clutching the fireball from Vapour Trials under the clock hour markers & hands from Clockwork Angels. It's going on my forearm - 4 hours is the time estimate.

So I went for upper arm in the end. Only took 2 hours which was great.

Very pleased.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Nice. I've been a Rush fan since 1977 and sometimes thought about having the Starman logo tattooed somewhere. Just a small one.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Nice. I've been a Rush fan since 1977 and sometimes thought about having the Starman logo tattooed somewhere. Just a small one.
    My first tattoo

Not that small.

If you go too small, you lose all the detail.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57