closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iPhone Charger Cables. Good Buy

iPhone Charger Cables. Good Buy

If you are like me and seem to go through iPhone charger cables quickly then I recommend these braided, angled cables from Mcdodo.

Very good quality for the price = £1 - £3. They come from China on AliExpress so delivery takes few weeks, but I am very impressed with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to make a wild guess and say these aren't Made for iPhone certified.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I doubt it. Well made and good quality though

I have a few of those, no issues so far, seem to be quite strong, which is needed in my house as my two boys are brutal with them despite my lecturing.
    Cheers..
    Jase

I particularly like the 90 degree angled end. I often lie on my bed or sofa with the charger end resting on my chest. I found with the normal straight chargers this is where they tend to break. These 90 degree ones eliminate that stress in the cable when the phone is resting on my chest. I used to go through loads of the straight plug in type, but these angled ones are holding up very well.

I bought a load of cables by "Unbreakable Cable" from Amazon about a year ago, so far the wife has broken x2 and daughter x1. I don't know what they do with them!

I dont know how people are breaking them, i have never broken an iphone cable.

Remind me never to buy a watch from you clumsy people lol

I’ve also recently purchased a few of these 90 degree angled cables, not official iPhone cables but I only ever use them for charging rather than syncing or backing up a d all I have to say is why did I not consider these before. They really are a revelation but only if you use your phone at the same time as charging.

Seem to be...

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    90% of chargers on Amazon are fake. Even those sold and fulfilled by Amazon are fake.

The MFi royalty charged by Apple to certify the connectors is $4 each so if your charger is around that figure it will be fake and not certified.

Given how cheap Anker stuff is and that it's a brand sold by Apple themselves I can't see the motivation of buying a cheap, unsafe cable.
    https://www-cnet-com.cdn.ampproject....1AQFKAGwASA%3D

Master
    The amazon basics cables are usually good enough for most things and reasonably robust.

I now use an anker wireless on my iphone 11pro max.

The battery life on the iphone means I easily go 24 hrs without charging . The anker isn’t quite as fast as the apple charger ( which gets you to about 40% from dead within an hour).

These days I don’t often carry a cable with me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    I particularly like the 90 degree angled end. I often lie on my bed or sofa with the charger end resting on my chest.
    Was just saying the same only yesterday! Does my head in trying to use the iPad with charger cable poking out just waiting to be snapped off!

Master
    I just use Anker cables. Only time they went wrong they replaced them with new ones anyway.

I've had good experience with Anker, and also with Baseus cables from AliExpress. My wife uses them on her iPhone, but one of our cats chews through them at an alarming rate!

(Personally, I genuinely can't remember the last time that I plugged a piece of wire into my phone to charge it. I've used wireless charging for years now.)

Master
    My 8 year old son is a bugger for destroying cables. Will have to give these a try as we're back down to 1 cable to charge 5 devices again.

I bought a couple of these a few weeks ago and they're excellent. Not too expensive either and 6ft long which really helps.

Given how cheap Anker stuff is and that it's a brand sold by Apple themselves I can't see the motivation of buying a cheap, unsafe cable.
    https://www-cnet-com.cdn.ampproject....1AQFKAGwASA%3D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    The amazon basics cables are usually good enough for most things and reasonably robust.

I now use an anker wireless on my iphone 11pro max.

The battery life on the iphone means I easily go 24 hrs without charging . The anker isn’t quite as fast as the apple charger ( which gets you to about 40% from dead within an hour).

These days I don’t often carry a cable with me.
    I have these https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasic...title_wld?th=1

Been using them since buying the iPhone 11. Not timed the charging. It is adequate for my use. Not particularly cheap but looks and feels robust.