closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Adjusting Tag Aquaracer bracelet

Master

Adjusting Tag Aquaracer bracelet

Any have any experience of removing bracelet links from a new Aquaracer?

Looks like standard push out pins but took it to a watch guy this afternoon who said it needed a special Tag tool that “pinches from both sides”. He didn’t have one.

It’s one of these:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their just pins and collet. Dosn't matter which end you push it out from.

Last one I touched was about 9 months ago but just looked the same as yours.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I’ve a GMT aquaracer which has same bracelet. Nothing special on it just pins and collar .Be careful not to loose the collar as it’s so small it’s easy misplaced.
    Check for The half link as well , I had to remove that to be able to get the micro adjustment just right.

Master
    Ok thanks that’s helpful, cheers chaps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did mine about 3 weeks ago. As per previous comments, it’s a pin & collar system. There’s no arrows on the backs of the links as it doesn’t matter which direction you push them out. It’s quite tight and fiddly to do as the bracelet is well machined - took me longer to resize this bracelet than any other watch I’ve had. I’d advise doing it on a white towel so you don’t lose any little collars.

Is there a specific tool to push the links out or just a long nose pliers will do the trick?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The last two TAG bracelets I altered for family were indeed pin & collar, and both a bit of a pain - very tightly fitted & stubborn to adjust. A small hammer was necessary for ‘persuasion’ (on the watches, not the family members!).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by nuvolablue View Post
    Is there a specific tool to push the links out or just a long nose pliers will do the trick?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Pliers not get them out .
    Small hammer and pin is needed, most of the cheap watch tool kits are more than good enough for adjusting bracelets -amazon & eBay have them for about a tenner

Small hammer and a pin punch might be useful after you've pushed part of the pin through because they can be very tight when pulling them out.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app