closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Precista Aerotimer PRS-45 Accuracy?

Precista Aerotimer PRS-45 Accuracy?

Really like the look of the Precista Aerotimer PRS-45 but am unfamiliar with the VK64 movement and Mecha Quartz in general.

Would anyone on here with one care to comment on how accurate theirs runs? Would be grateful for any first hand opinions / knowledge...

Thanks

Not timed mine precisely but I have no complaints, and I am very fussy.
    It's a good Watch with a nice precise bezel action.

Craftsman
    Had mine since Feb 2019 and while I've not monitored its accuracy closely it seems a very good timekeeper, as does my reproduction Newmark 6BB with the same movement.

One of my favorite chrono's to wear, solidly made with a nice vintage look particularly with the deployant strap option.

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    Really like the look of the Precista Aerotimer PRS-45 but am unfamiliar with the VK64 movement and Mecha Quartz in general.

Would anyone on here with one care to comment on how accurate theirs runs? Would be grateful for any first hand opinions / knowledge...

Thanks
    It's a quartz watch, it's as accurate as any quality quartz watch, which is to say, very.

I just checked mine, which hasn't been worn for months and it's correct to the minute (I never set my watches to the second anyway).

It's a nice watch, but I suspect I'd wear it more if it'd been mechanical - I don't like to think I'm a snob in this respect, but I tend to let my quartz watches (even my B-1) linger in their boxes while even the cheap mechanicals get a run now and then.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I wear mine a lot and it's solidly accurate, as that movement always is. No issues whatsoever there.

Thanks for all the info here, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    It's a nice watch, but I suspect I'd wear it more if it'd been mechanical - I don't like to think I'm a snob in this respect, but I tend to let my quartz watches (even my B-1) linger in their boxes while even the cheap mechanicals get a run now and then.
    Yes, I currently seem to have an odd relationship with mechanical. I know Quartz is more accurate but gravitate to mechanical by default but then get slightly annoyed with +/- 5 secs a day accuracy, even though there's nothing I do that needs me to be anywhere near that spot-on. Figure a nicely made Mecha Quartz might be worth a punt.

Not totally sure about the lack of a running seconds hand, I only have one other watch that is similar and it sometimes feels like something's missing visually.