closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Aerospace Advantage

Breitling Aerospace Advantage

Took my watch to my local approved dealer, as the battery was dead.

They have quoted £515 for a 'full service and a new battery'

Am I missing something here?

I thought it would have been relatively cheap to change the battery, I think the watch is worth 1-2K so a service of that cost seems a bit silly?

Can the battery be changed by a normal watch shop?

Thanks for any input.

Nil

Yes, you can. Provided nothing else is up. They are starting to take the P. Breitling used to be one of the best servicing centres, but seems to have changed and maybe it was heading that way before the sell off, but it’s well and truly there now.
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    If the watch is +6y Breitling will probably quote that it needs a full service as that is in accordance with their published maintenance schedule (always has been). You could request an interim service which is still not cheap for what it is - but is a lot less.

https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/serv...ces/breitling/

Even so - the BUK full service is priced at £475 so the AD is taking a nice slice of the pie if they are asking £515!

There are videos of how to change the battery yourself if you have eye-glass screw drivers, or a competent Indi could do it for you (not Timpsons!).
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 28th August 2020 at 11:23.

Master
    I was quoted 1.5k to service my longines because they view it as vintage, it’s a 2824 movement. Simon Freese did it for 250.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    If the watch is +6y Breitling will probably quote that it needs a full service as that is in accordance with their published maintenance schedule (always has been). You could request an interim service which is still not cheap for what it is - but is a lot less.

https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/serv...ces/breitling/

Even so - the BUK full service is priced at £475 so the AD is taking a nice slice of the pie if they are asking £515!

There are videos of how to change the battery yourself if you have eye-glass screw drivers, or a competent Indi could do it for you (not Timpsons!).
    My EVO went to Breitling for the full service with a crown issue and alignment fractionality off and to be fair to them it was all sorted and lightly polished for the £475 so didn't feel too hard done by. It went to an indy first for a battery change and came back with a knocked crown!