closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: YEMA announces new Kickstarter funding project

YEMA announces new Kickstarter funding project

Yema just announced their latest crowd-funding Kickstarter Project to help them finance the costs of two new in-house calibres:

The year 2020 will be an important date in the already rich history of YEMA...

During last 10 years, the brand has sought to concentrate its efforts on research and development in order to achieve full independence from Swiss calibers suppliers but also to ensure continuous know-how development of our watchmakers' team.

We are delighted to announce the future release of two new in-house movements that will be exclusive to YEMA brand, the YEMA2000 and the YEMA3000 Calibers.

In order to finance the investments made during the research and prototyping phase and put into mass production the new in-house calibers, YEMA aims to crowdfund once again via Kickstarter by offering its fans the opportunity to acquire the first models equipped with the new in-house calibers at an advantageous price.

So it's just for the movement, not a total watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    That's unclear. I don't think the Kickstarter project will commence until October. I've got to believe they'll be offering the new movements housed in one or more new watches. We'll see, I guess.

It is for ‘models with these movements’.

Models with these movements - it's not until Oct and I guess they want to hold some information back to maintain interest.

Thanks for highlighting, I’ll keep an eye on it with interest, but seems like an odd proposition. I’m not sure there’s much of a market for in-house microbrand movements, I’d personally prefer something solid and proven from a relatively unestablished brand.

Bremont should give this a go though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can it be any worse than the first in-house movement?

I really wanted to like Yema but I’m not convinced. Charging established, heritage-brand prices for essentially, micro-brand Kickstarter product, and then crowd-funding development? Good luck to them, but I’m out.

This strikes me as a really unengaging and uninspiring way to pitch a Kickstarter campaign, regardless of how interesting their new movement might be.

I find it a strange brand; i often like the overall look of the watches, but something always appears to be off-key.

Master
    And will it be a truly new movement or just a breathed over 2824 (and it's GMT equivalent whatever that is) clone?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Can it be any worse than the first in-house movement?

I really wanted to like Yema but I’m not convinced. Charging established, heritage-brand prices for essentially, micro-brand Kickstarter product, and then crowd-funding development? Good luck to them, but I’m out.
    My Superman Heritage also felt pretty cheap, along with the mismatching lume!

Apprentice
    Mmmm i dont have a good feeling of YEMA. Not that many reviews online and looks like a different level of engineering compared to the good days

Craftsman
    https://kickstarter.yema.com/

So this launched a few days ago. A three hander and a GMT.

Looking over them, I quite like the GMT as I don’t own any bronze watches. The three hander less so as the steel/bronze mix does nothing for me. However, I’m left wondering whether the 24hr captive bezel really has any place on a diver - or are they simply going for the BB GMT look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk