closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Endurance Pro

Master

Breitling Endurance Pro

Well they’re certainly colourful.

Breitling Endurance Pro
    Last edited by Mr_Mac; 26th August 2020 at 14:03.

Journeyman
    A pulsometer and a compass?

Does any actual design work go into breitling watches or do they just pick parts from the years trending watches and throw it together in hope?

I know that's a bit harsh, I do like the premier etc, but it feels like a company without a leader and that's pretty deadly in their economic situation.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Interesting at £2450. It seems Breitling want to capture a wide market in price points...I guess it is because they don't have seperate brands like Rolex/Tudor and Omega/Longines? Must be quite risky because having different brands means you don't devalue your higher tier product by releasing a cut price model. Seems like they are applying the apple structure to a luxury watch brand.

I've just seen an ad for these. £2.5k for a quartz on rubber is outrageous.

Looks like a toy and if I wanted something like it id save myself over £2k and get a g-shock.

I absolutely love the navitimer but it's these things that would put me off owning one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not a toy, but a "lighthearted" watch, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Not a toy, but a "lighthearted" watch, apparently.
    “Ideal for the athleisure enthusiast, made from Breitlight and put on an ECONyl strap” no less.

Makes me think of that watch that Alpina put up on kickstarter? Alpina X?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    “Ideal for the athleisure enthusiast, made from Breitlight and put on an ECONyl strap” no less.
    Weird use of the term -

Athleisure outfits can include yoga pants, tights, sneakers, leggings[3] and shorts,[4][5] that "look like athletic wear", characterized as "fashionable, dressed up sweats and exercise clothing"
    so it's designed for sitting around playing on your xbox?

I would be happy to pick one up - but not until they hit the used market or become heavily discounted.

Master
    You'd pay £3k for a Grand Seiko 9F so it's not a bad price. A bit gaudy for me though. Nice to see a pulsometer instead of a tachy.

Master
    I like the way something that looks as chunky as church clock is described as a 'lightweight watch for athletes'!! I can really imagine lots of athletes wearing something costing £2500 when doing sports....

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    I would be happy to pick one up - but not until they hit the used market or become heavily discounted.
    I can see this one being a staple of the Breitling Outlet at Bicester for many years to come.

They are fine. If the dials were all different colours and not just variations on black I could be tempted - orange and yellow would look good I reckon.

No issues with it being a superquartz; I’ve got 2 Chrono Avenger M1s and I love them; and they were £2k new back in 2008

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Agreed to much black for a fun watch.

Like the aerospace evo.

Have to say I actually quite like these, not enough to pay £2.5k but if prices drop like a stone second hand they could make a nice sporty watch.

Some of the straps are a bit much colour wise but I think they'd look very nice on something less garish.

Knowing Breitling they'll be very well made and the movement is thermo compensated too.

Craftsman
    I can’t see these being super popular. Coming to a discount designer village near you next year!

I’d have one for 1.5k - Bicester folks keep a look out

Master
    While I like (some of) these watches, I’m waiting to see them in TK Maxx

Master
    Was interested to see that earlier as I have what is effectively the predecessor:

68437747-7A9A-4225-B813-FCA48C596128 by Matt G, on Flickr

Bit more subtle IMO than the Endurance and Ti rather than Breitlight but given there are hardly any around, I assume it wasn't that popular so I am surprised the released something similar a couple of years later!

Even larger than my version though which is in itself a bit larger than I would like. Might be nice if they actually made a black watch which wasn't designed for 8" + wrists...

Basically a rebuild of your watch in the plastic case with more colour !
    Though its 44mm and the dial has been changed to a 30 min totaliser not 12 hours.

Always liked that ti version - it appeared at the beginning of the kern era and then just disappeared.
    In some ways I preferred it over the aerospace ( though loved the smaller “bond” aerospace that was a great watch !)

Cheers

matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Basically a rebuild of your watch in the plastic case with more colour !
    Though its 44mm and the dial has been changed to a 30 min totaliser not 12 hours.

Always liked that ti version - it appeared at the beginning of the kern era and then just disappeared.
    In some ways I preferred it over the aerospace ( though loved the smaller “bond” aerospace that was a great watch !)

Cheers

matt
    Reminds me of apples iPhone 11 versus iPhone 11 Pro model tactics.

Craftsman
    I came on here tonight to see if anyone had posted about this very watch. I must admit to being a big fan - I’ve been on the lookout for something larger with an orange face and strap combo for a while and at this price point I’m even more interested. However, if the consensus is that it’s a model that will likely be discounted moving forward, I’m tempted to see if that materialises rather than rushing in.

That will not happen - this maybe reusing parts or previous watches but its a new launch with plenty of publicity.. they are trying to create a new segment.

It will be interesting to see if discounts/grey market pop up (and how soon) on these models.

Cheers

matt

Apprentice
    I quite like the look of these and I like the idea of the breitlite material to make them super light but as is often the breitling way just miles too big for me. A 40-42mm option may have made me think.

It is this kind of watch that devalue the brand perception.....

Banned
    Hideous! And agree not good for the brand long term. Brietling should concentrate on their tried and tested models. These look like toys as mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by poko View Post
    It is this kind of watch that devalue the brand perception.....
    You are right. In real life photos the plastic looks very plasticky.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/wp-cont...toWatch-14.jpg
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Master
    I actually quite like these, fresh and young looking and it does look good on those straps. As mentioned a Bicester pick up would be ideal, it’s going to take a while though they tend to stock the older stuff first, like the first generation breitlight (not a fan of that one though)

These remind me of the Tag Heuer F1 series that were everywhere in the 80’s - I remember the lightweight glass fibre reinforced (?) cased versions on rubber were £99, the steel cased ones were £99 - I’m pretty sure they made a chrono version eventually as well. How on earth are these £2450??!! - seriously, this is G shock territory, for about £300 you can get a tougher watch with solar power and atomic accuracy - I really can’t comprehend who’d spend £££££ on this watch at all!?!

Actually I think these look good and for a Breitling the price is not unreasonable - my problem is with Breitlight. I tried on one of the earliest iterations (cannot remember what the model was) and thought it was awful... light and plasticky like a cheap Swatch.

Light isn’t always good.

Simon

Craftsman
    I like the look of them.

I also imagine they're aimed at young people, as a first big watch. People who don't have expectations about weight, quartz etc and quite like the idea of the Brietling name for a slightly lower price.

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app

Ignoring any views on case material, it looks like they’ve used a movement with the minute counter on a subdial - where most of their previous quartz Chronos had a far more useful centre minute counter.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by CatalystGuy View Post
    Agreed to much black for a fun watch.

Like the aerospace evo.

Has the Aerospace been discontinued? Really liked the nightmission.

Craftsman
    Took a walk round the Argyle Arcade in Glasgow today...plenty of Breitlings on display but no Endurance Pros quite yet. I’m keen to try the orange and yellow on.

The kids will love em, not my cup of tea but potentially a good move (commercially) by Breitling I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Although not for me when i was placing my order for the Snoopy 50th at my local dealer he had sold 3 of these in the first week and had loads of enquiries about them so maybe Breitling have a winner with this watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Although not for me when i was placing my order for the Snoopy 50th at my local dealer he had sold 3 of these in the first week and had loads of enquiries about them so maybe Breitling have a winner with this watch.
    Nope, they don’t.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Nope, they don’t.
    Do you know how many they have sold then?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    Do you know how many they have sold then?
    Nope, but I have eyes. Happy to return to this thread in 10 years when it’s a stone cold classic to rival the Rolex Explorer, and be proven wrong.

Master
    Nope, but I have eyes. Happy to return to this thread in 10 years when it’s a stone cold classic to rival the Rolex Explorer, and be proven wrong.
    I don’t think it’s meant as a rival to the Explorer but I’m sure your input is valued by someone, keep it up!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    I don’t think it’s meant as a rival to the Explorer but I’m sure your input is valued by someone, keep it up!
    ;-p

Ok, to be fair it’s fairly well known that I’m a *big* Breitling fan. They’re my favourite brand and always have been. But there’s only so many disappointing releases I can make excuses for. I like to live in the past and pretend that their 2005 collection (minus the Breitling for Bentley range) was still all they made...

Master
    ;-p

Ok, to be fair it’s fairly well known that I’m a *big* Breitling fan. They’re my favourite brand and always have been. But there’s only so many disappointing releases I can make excuses for. I like to live in the past and pretend that their 2005 collection (minus the Breitling for Bentley range) was still all they made...
    Yep, very hit and miss. They make some tremendous watches IMO, but also some absolute diabolical ones to!

Craftsman
    For all the hatred, I quite like it. I like how busy and technical it wants to be. I don’t like the loud colours but otherwise... yeah. For the right price on the used market.... I could.

Craftsman
    ;-p

I love the Blackbird from that era, perhaps one of my all time favourite chronographs. I really fancy one but the later examples come up so very rarely.... you’re not an owner by any chance?

- - - Updated - - -

;-p

I love the Blackbird from that era, perhaps one of my all time favourite chronographs. I really fancy one but the later examples come up so very rarely.... you’re not an owner by any chance?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    I did, but sold it;

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ight=Blackbird

Outatime (the buyer) got a bargain as I sold it well under market value due to the fear of being labelled a profiteer (as anything bought then sold on SC for anything over the original price brought the pitchforks out, even though I’d owned it a while).

No idea where it is now, or if the buyer made an instant killing on eBay with it, but I’d like to think it found a nice home. I’d love to have it back! It was *really* special.