closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

If it's real I'm putting my name down. Current LV is a bit too much for me but a ceramic Kermit would be fantastic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Would be a shame to be losing that green gold dial. Isn't that what it was called on release!?
    Apparently so, great marketing

Master
    since everyone is dreaming up ideas, how about a new material? another affordable [cough] unobtanium? follow the pelagos, and go Titanium.

Journeyman
    That render is basically my dream sub. A Kermit with modern hardware and decent proportions. I’m now sure the actual release will be a updated movement with “new” GMT lugs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post

Someone compare the hulk from the current catalogue with the leaked on the right. Does indeed look like slimmer lugs and wider bracelet as speculated. The TRF post also pointed out it doesn’t look like a photoshopped Hulk as the hour hand covers more of the R in the leaked picture. The light reflection on the bezel and bracelet also looks different. Can also see the crown between the Swiss made in the leaked. It still could be a really good photoshop though
    Why the same date though?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Well the reason I got my white Daytona in 2016 was because a picture was posted of it on the internet in January and I emailed an AD and asked to be first in line. He replied saying he didn’t think it was being replaced but put me down 1st on the list. Forward to March and that exact watch was released, in white and black dial. No way was it a mock up, it was exactly that. Some dirty dog in Geneva clearly leaked it. So no reason why an AD might not know, especially with covid. Normally announced in March and delivered two or three months later. Whose to say that they aren’t being delivered in time for next week? Factory was closed for two months but even with that they probably have a lot ready to go. My guess is some people know. Unless it’s a 42 SS blue Daytona I’m out anyway. Okay I’ll take a 41 if I must.
    Sounds like a great example you've given of how the AD had no idea

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    They always use 28.

Master
    41mm case is a no-no for me.

Possible:
    - 41mm standard Sub case
    - tapered lugs
    - 32xx movement for all
    - return of green/black Kermit to replace LV

Master
    I don’t really know what all the fuss is about, none of us mere mortals will be able to buy it anyway! 😊

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    You missed the same time ?

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries

Someone compare the hulk from the current catalogue with the leaked on the right. Does indeed look like slimmer lugs and wider bracelet as speculated. The TRF post also pointed out it doesn’t look like a photoshopped Hulk as the hour hand covers more of the R in the leaked picture. The light reflection on the bezel and bracelet also looks different. Can also see the crown between the Swiss made in the leaked. It still could be a really good photoshop though
    My opinion is that it’s a great Photoshop.... The lugs aren’t slimmed, the bracelet is widened to give the illusion. The end links are wider than the indices on the bezel.

I think that a precious metal, blue bezel no-date sub on Oysterflex would be my guess on the “out of the blue” vid and that would make sense to match the Smurf

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    My opinion is that it’s a great Photoshop.... The lugs aren’t slimmed, the bracelet is widened to give the illusion. The end links are wider than the indices on the bezel.

I think that a precious metal, blue bezel no-date sub on Oysterflex would be my guess on the “out of the blue” vid and that would make sense to match the Smurf
    That’s a great guess. My monies on this

Master
    Well,I agree, Rolex are keen on pushing gold watches, for obvious reasons. And the Oysterflex is only used with PM models. So a fair bet is a gold Submariner, blue bezel, on Oysterflex.
    A key advantage of the Oysterflex is that it keeps the price down by about £8000. Expect a price of around £23,000. White gold would be good with blue.
    Not cheap. Very profitable.I expect we get a big discount if we guessed correctly.
    Last edited by paskinner; 30th August 2020 at 10:28.

Journeyman

There’s definitely something altered with the lugs. Dropping a line down from the bottom right; it bisects the bracelet where the other doesn’t. They look slimmer to my eye. Of course the angles aren’t one to one, but messing around does suggest a fundamental change. What gives me pause is how tightly integrated the right lug is to the bracelet. There’s no gap there. This could be the poor quality, but it’s the only thing that really jumps out as to a fake.

Master

Good shout...especially after a previous post showed what seemed to be the oysterflex...however...the crown shows the trip lock signature, with all three 'dots' the same size...this indicated SS, not PM. Hence, my previous post, suggesting SS on oysterflex...although I still cannot see it happening!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post

Not cheap. Very profitable.I expect we still won’t be able to purchase one even if we guessed correctly.

FTFY :-)

Blog Entries
    Good shout...especially after a previous post showed what seemed to be the oysterflex...however...the crown shows the trip lock signature, with all three 'dots' the same size...this indicated SS, not PM. Hence, my previous post, suggesting SS on oysterflex...although I still cannot see it happening!
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post

Dialed up settings but shows Oysterflex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t see the dots properly personally, I’ve tried a few times but I’ll have to take your word for it

Master
    I can’t see the dots properly personally, I’ve tried a few times but I’ll have to take your word for it
    Post 142 on this thread has managed to get a good shot of it...
    https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=760459&page=5

I believe your suggestion of PM with Oysterflex is more likely, just cannot see a SS Oysterflex happening, it will lower the entry price point for the range.

I’m hoping for a new movement in the Sub. I’d love to get one (in black, I’m not that keen on the Hulk) but I’m hesitant because it has the same movement as my SDc.

If they announce a new movement I’ll look forward to being disappointed by my AD when they tell me I’ll have to wait for ages or buy some jewellery to get on ‘the list’.

Master
    Post 142 on this thread has managed to get a good shot of it...
    https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=760459&page=5

I believe your suggestion of PM with Oysterflex is more likely, just cannot see a SS Oysterflex happening, it will lower the entry price point for the range.
    That is a great shot from TRF. He says PM triplock crowns have the dot in the middle enlarged, whilst the pic shows 3 dots of same size and therefore the teaser is a steel model. If true, that is top notch detective work

Journeyman
    Saw this on Reddit which gave me a chuckle:

That is a great shot from TRF. He says PM triplock crowns have the dot in the middle enlarged, whilst the pic shows 3 dots of same size and therefore the teaser is a steel model. If true, that is top notch detective work
    There’s also a crown with the centre dot being smaller weirdly

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    There’s also a crown with the centre dot being smaller weirdly
    I believe that is the Platinum models...

I believe that is the Platinum models...
    Ah ok. This is all very educational

Master
    So, if they do go down the gold sub/Oysterflex route, then, with different bezel, it would look something like the Yachtmaster 42, note the slimmer lugs and less ‘blocky’ appearance.

If the date window goes, it could look pretty neat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anybody know how it is all going to work with regards to the reveal on Tuesday? Is there going to be a conference type thing where they talk and discuss the the new models etc that we can watch? Or will it literally just be an updated website at midnight? Would be nice to be able to watch the reveal live if we could? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Does anybody know how it is all going to work with regards to the reveal on Tuesday? Is there going to be a conference type thing where they talk and discuss the the new models etc that we can watch? Or will it literally just be an updated website at midnight? Would be nice to be able to watch the reveal live if we could? Thanks.

Think it is a 10:00 am release UK according to my local AD and had a launch email for a zoom hour about the 2020 releases first date for this is the 8th. That’s the wos group.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    Think it is a 10:00 am release UK according to my local AD and had a launch email for a zoom hour about the 2020 releases first date for this is the 8th. That’s the wos group.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Many thanks Tony. Looking forward to it. I’m hoping for a blue dial, blue bezel stainless steel sub (hoping being the word!) Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Oafley Jones View Post
    They always use 28.
    Yep.

28 fills the date window nicely, leaving less ‘space’. The theory being this looks more aesthetically pleasing.

Same with the 10.10 time. Visually appealing, symmetrical & practical, in that it means the hands don’t obscure the logos, text or date. The 31 seconds thing is a quirk, but presumably to stop it blending with/obscuring the 6 o’clock marker.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Yep.

28 fills the date window nicely, leaving less ‘space’. The theory being this looks more aesthetically pleasing.

Same with the 10.10 time. Visually appealing, symmetrical & practical, in that it means the hands don’t obscure the logos, text or date. The 31 seconds thing is a quirk, but presumably to stop it blending with/obscuring the 6 o’clock marker.
    Must be really frustrating to only be able to take official photos of the watch 24 seconds in a year.

Master
    I went into an AD today and he reckons they will hear at 10am on Tuesday the same as the rest of us. He also suggested that you would have to go into store and express interest and then they would decide who got the watches, so not first come first serve.

I personally would love a perpetual 39mm in Olive.

There’s another supposedly leaked image on the prideandpinion Instagram stories, it looks like a two tone skydweller but in ss/rose gold. Hard to tell though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    I went into an AD today and he reckons they will hear at 10am on Tuesday the same as the rest of us. He also suggested that you would have to go into store and express interest and then they would decide who got the watches, so not first come first serve.

I personally would love a perpetual 39mm in Olive.

“Go in and express an interest”

Then they decide who gets the watch.

All very decent of them to even let you go in....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    “Go in and express an interest”

Then they decide who gets the watch.

All very decent of them to even let you go in....
    You will probably need to make an appointment to go in and express your interest, if you can get one (the appointment obviously, not the watch) 😉

Journalist friend of mine has said they’ve been briefed to expect 8 new release from Rolex this week apparently.

Will wait and see.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    You will probably need to make an appointment to go in and express your interest, if you can get one (the appointment obviously, not the watch) 
    I’ve already turned down the invitation to have an appointment , a bit of an insult to a customer of over 20 years standing , a customer who has every watch he has purchased from that AD , a customer that has recommended many to go in and purchase from the same branch.

Not withstanding it’s a tad unwise during the pandemic to get folk to travel and visit a branch when it can be done by the AD ringing up and asking existing customers to “ express their interest “.

Time to stick to my principles, I’ve had enough of this charade and lack of customer service.

I’ll not be going back.

Master
    So supposedley a rebooted kermit (41mm) acc to Watchpro. And no, I would imagine this wont hurt the values of the previous issue given that every revamped model Daytona, Submariner etc just sees the value of the older one rise in the long term. Should we have a 'my Rolex dealer lied to me/made me write a piece less than 500 words/interviewed me etc in my hope of spending £1000's on a watch'

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    I’ve already turned down the invitation to have an appointment , a bit of an insult to a customer of over 20 years standing , a customer who has every watch he has purchased from that AD , a customer that has recommended many to go in and purchase from the same branch.

Not withstanding it’s a tad unwise during the pandemic to get folk to travel and visit a branch when it can be done by the AD ringing up and asking existing customers to “ express their interest “.

Time to stick to my principles, I’ve had enough of this charade and lack of customer service.

I’ll not be going back.
    Good for you! That’s absolutely taking the **** out of a longstanding customer.

Why even bother getting people to “express interest”? If they bring out a steel Sub with a s**t brown dial and pink bezel people will still want it so just say “Don’t bother asking; if we think you ‘deserve’ a watch, we’ll be in touch”.

Craftsman

Brown

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Good for you! That’s absolutely taking the **** out of a longstanding customer.

Why even bother getting people to “express interest”? If they bring out a steel Sub with a s**t brown dial and pink bezel people will still want it so just say “Don’t bother asking; if we think you ‘deserve’ a watch, we’ll be in touch”.
    I think the Sub you detailed above is actually out, that will be the Yachtmaster 116621!
    Rolex really can polish a turd and sell it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    I think the Sub you detailed above is actually out, that will be the Yachtmaster 116621!
    Must have been subliminally thinking of that!

Master
    I'm expecting the 1st one to be flipped tomorrow on Chrono 24 will go for double AD price, regardless of material or strap.

Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    I'm expecting the 1st one to be flipped tomorrow on Chrono 24 will go for double AD price, regardless of material or strap.
    Of course. Although maybe with the economic situation buyers won’t be quite as willing to splurge that amount of premium above RRP?

Master
    Surely now we’re past this? Isn’t it time for a ‘Baselworld Rolex 2021 predictions which aren’t at BaselWorld anymore’? If not we’re definitely lacking on Rolex price increase threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Surely now we’re past this? Isn’t it time for a ‘Baselworld Rolex 2021 predictions which aren’t at BaselWorld anymore’? If not we’re definitely lacking on Rolex price increase threads.
    Funny you should mention that - when picking up my Daytona, my AD told me there would be a price rise following the new releases, expected Sept-Oct. Just in time I'd say.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Nice looking turd though

No overgrown shoulders, standard dial, just swap out for a no date and put on a ceramic bezel - what do you have .... a new model with old parts. Maybe release a date version a year later. Classic Rolex.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 31st August 2020 at 19:26.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    I'm expecting the 1st one to be flipped tomorrow on Chrono 24 will go for double AD price

And the rest!

Isn’t that standard mark up for a GMT?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Nice looking turd though

No overgrown shoulders, standard dial, just swap out for a no date and put on a ceramic bezel - what do you have .... a new model with old parts. Maybe release a date version a year later. Classic Rolex.
    What needs to be eaten for such a lovely polished turd

Master
    From rolexforums.
    Last edited by Devonian; 3rd October 2020 at 09:10.

Craftsman
    Price increase?

Got an AD call today and picking up on Tuesday. Have heard that they would whack on the price increase if I haven’t picked it up

Master
    The ceramic Kermit and black no date up also.