closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    Think it really depends on your relationship with your AD. If its a good one, as others have mentioned, then they will register your interest on their system against your name. And then there is the question of prioritising you.

Personally, if such a watch is released, i wont be first on the list, but beither the last. Like everyone else, will have to wait my turn.
    If it was waiting for my turn, I could live with that! I know my place and the big spenders will always come first - makes commercial sense for the AD. Just would prefer if they said "Sorry, you've got no chance" and then I could get on with the rest of my life rather than making a t!t of myself annually and wasting 5 minutes of both our time as they write my details down (again)!

I'd also be much less bothered if whatever is announced didn't go to people who put their acquisition straight onto eBay/WF.

It's very annoying when something you've always like becomes fashionable! Oh for the good old days!

Craftsman

Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    If it was waiting for my turn, I could live with that! I know my place and the big spenders will always come first - makes commercial sense for the AD. Just would prefer if they said "Sorry, you've got no chance" and then I could get on with the rest of my life rather than making a t!t of myself annually and wasting 5 minutes of both our time as they write my details down (again)!

I'd also be much less bothered if whatever is announced didn't go to people who put their acquisition straight onto eBay/WF.

It's very annoying when something you've always like becomes fashionable! Oh for the good old days!
    Totally agree. Its just crazy these days, sometimes its not even the big spenders, but “””mates””” who get first dibs. Such a difference a few years makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Seadweller75; 28th August 2020 at 20:49.

Craftsman
    Will the dealers will be asking for a visit to the shop to show an “expression of interest “ as usual ?

Surely putting their staff and customers at risk during the pandemic with this pointless exercise ?

It’s pathetic .

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    No date sea dweller....
    Now that might be very nice! Especially after the unnecessary addition of a "cyclops" to the latest incarnation.

My Rolex AD basically told me that whatever grey dealers are selling the Rolex for over list price they expect their customers to buy jewellery to equal that amount
    on top of the watch purchase.
    I understand business is business but I find it very distasteful- like many here I’d love to snag a new Submariner or whatever but I sure ain’t buying jewellery I don’t want.
    The store tried to justify it by saying ‘ we have always been a jewellery store’ ........?!
    It’s like walking in to Curry’s to buy a TV only to be told you have to buy a microwave aswell.

Master
    Frankly the whole marketing charade puts me off. A good earner for some I guess but no more Rolex for me. I’d rather buy something more understated.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Frankly the whole marketing charade puts me off. A good earner for some I guess but no more Rolex for me. I’d rather buy something more understated.
    The whole marketing charade puts you off , but you’d rather buy something more understated anyway.

Which one is it ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    Will the dealers will be asking for a visit to the shop to show an “expression of interest “ as usual ?

Surely putting their staff and customers at risk during the pandemic with this pointless exercise ?

It’s pathetic .
    It's more a case of trying to get back to business as usual, after 6 months of this damn virus, we need it. It's about time we started to think of peoples jobs and the economy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    My Rolex AD basically told me that whatever grey dealers are selling the Rolex for over list price they expect their customers to buy jewellery to equal that amount
    At least they are being straight, I suppose. Presumably the jewellery that you end up buying is worth a fraction of cost even if it's easy to turn to cash. That means you might as well buy grey!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    I understand business is business but I find it very distasteful- like many here I’d love to snag a new Submariner or whatever but I sure ain’t buying jewellery I don’t want.
    The store tried to justify it by saying ‘ we have always been a jewellery store’ ........?!
    It’s like walking in to Curry’s to buy a TV only to be told you have to buy a microwave aswell.
    That’s just ridiculous and verging on sharp practice.

Rolex should be stamping on ADs who do this but of course they won’t.

I have probably seem the video too many times. But this picture is why i was thinking cyclops and oysterflex. Possibly a yachtmaster, possibly 2 different watches.

Just looking at that I would say
    There is no cyclops on that, there is no bulge above the crown (where it would be)
    The bulge on the right is the bezel pip, which also rules out a yachmaster, they have to bezel pip at all.
    On that basis alone it has to be a no-date sub.

Master
    I totally get how annoying the Rolex AD thing about buying a load of other stuff to get a watch is. It’s not a game I’d play. I do see it from the other side though, they have X amount of highly desirable watches that they know damn well can (and will in many cases) be sold for silly money over RRP, so need to maximise the sale potential. If it’s to new customers I actually kind of agree as they are a business and only have a limited amount of stock that people want.

For existing and loyal customers I think it’s awful if AD’s are doing that to them. I’ve dealt with my AD for maybe 8 years, bought an engagement ring, earrings, a date just, pens and various other things and they’ve always looked after me. I don’t get watches as easily as I used to but I guess that the same for everyone as the demand has soared.

For AD’s treating customers badly I guess in the future that AD may well lose out as people have long memories- that said Virgin Atlantic have been the most appalling company in the last 6 months and I’ve vowed never again ..... I’ve a shed load of air miles though so I doubt I’ll be cutting my nose off despite my face!

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I totally get how annoying the Rolex AD thing about buying a load of other stuff to get a watch is. It’s not a game I’d play. I do see it from the other side though, they have X amount of highly desirable watches that they know damn well can (and will in many cases) be sold for silly money over RRP, so need to maximise the sale potential. If it’s to new customers I actually kind of agree as they are a business and only have a limited amount of stock that people want.

For existing and loyal customers I think it’s awful if AD’s are doing that to them. I’ve dealt with my AD for maybe 8 years, bought an engagement ring, earrings, a date just, pens and various other things and they’ve always looked after me. I don’t get watches as easily as I used to but I guess that the same for everyone as the demand has soared.

For AD’s treating customers badly I guess in the future that AD may well lose out as people have long memories- that said Virgin Atlantic have been the most appalling company in the last 6 months and I’ve vowed never again ..... I’ve a shed load of air miles though so I doubt I’ll be cutting my nose off despite my face!
    You could put forward a very strong argument that the problem is actually the customers fault rather than the AD.
    A Rolex is not an essential purchase so if people stopped playing these damn fool games and simply walked away there would no longer be a problem.
    I did and the sun still comes up in the morning and my life doesn’t feel any the worse without a Rolex in it

Blue bezel, black dial, no date Sub’ is my guess....

Along with the discontinuation of the 116610LV.
    Last edited by spuds; 29th August 2020 at 13:13.

Dialed up settings but shows Oysterflex.

Master
    I reckon it's going to be very minor stuff. New movement and maybe something in precious metal but something new in stainless unobtainium? Hmmm. I hope I'm wrong, even though I'd not get hold of whatever it might be, but it would be nice to see.

My guess is a submariner on oysterflex

Craftsman
    Just got back from picking up my incoming and spoke at length with my AD.

The summary of the discussion was; they dont believe there is likely a steel oysterflex, but would be a lovely addition. Also, their guess is the LV will continue another year, so maybe not discontinued. Ceramic two tone daytonna, and 31mm datejusts no longer.

The AD was also guessing as they didnt know, and looking forward to 1st September. Whatever it may be will be known by 1st September.

Anyway here is a picture of my collection today. Very happy with it.

Craftsman

The summary of the discussion was; they dont believe there is likely a steel oysterflex, but would be a lovely addition. Also, their guess is the LV will continue another year, so maybe not discontinued. Ceramic two tone daytonna, and 31mm datejusts no longer.

The AD was also guessing as they didnt know, and looking forward to 1st September. Whatever it may be will be known by 1st September.

Firgot to mention, the AD thinks a new sub no date and date plus blue for this year for sure.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post

Dialed up settings but shows Oysterflex.

So that would mean steel oysterflex without a date. Interesting.

Nice pick up! I am patiently awaiting the same. Interesting that the AD said that they didn't know what will be released. This suggests that, unlike the Tudor bb58 blue release, Rolex haven't sent out stock of the new model/s ahead of the release date.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    So that would mean steel oysterflex without a date. Interesting.
    I’d take that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    I’d take that.
    Me too...in theory should also be a lower price without the bracelet, but perhaps that is wishful thinking.

Master

Great watch, one of the best, congrats :-)

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Nice pick up! I am patiently awaiting the same. Interesting that the AD said that they didn't know what will be released. This suggests that, unlike the Tudor bb58 blue release, Rolex haven't sent out stock of the new model/s ahead of the release date.
    Well over on Rolex forums apparently a guy has had a call from his AD to make a time to view the new sub Next week. U.K. based poster. Wasn’t prepared to say who the AD was. My guess is that AD’s know already but when I went to pick up a watch yesterday they weren’t letting on - not that the people I normally deal with were there.

I do know two things though:

1. We’ll all know on the 1st.
    2. More often than not it seems it’s a bit ‘oh is that it, I was hoping for more’. The anticipation outweighs the end game. As always hats off to Rolex for building up the dream!

Craftsman
    Well over on Rolex forums apparently a guy has had a call from his AD to make a time to view the new sub Next week. U.K. based poster. Wasn’t prepared to say who the AD was. My guess is that AD’s know already but when I went to pick up a watch yesterday they weren’t letting on - not that the people I normally deal with were there.

2. More often than not it seems it’s a bit ‘oh is that it, I was hoping for more’. The anticipation outweighs the end game. As always hats off to Rolex for building up the dream!
    Interesting. As you say, we will know soon enough.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Thanks. Hope you get yours soon.

Great pick up, one of my faves.

Local AD wouldn’t say much but has the look of someone who knows more than they are letting on.

Got the email:

upload image online

We will of course already all know by then.

Hopeful of a blue sub and st.st YM42 with an old school Milgauss release.

Also no discontinue of the Hulk, one day hope to get at rrp

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Asked an AD friend for a 126610LV Black Dial with Green Bezel and a 124060 No Date Sub on a flex. Cross fingers. Would be nice to have a Rolex or two again, just to mix things up.

Awesome watch, one of their best IMO.

The ADs definitely don't know. If they did it would be leaked all over the place. There's tens of thousands of people working in these ADs across the world. I can absolutely believe ADs would want to let on that they know more than they can say though.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Awesome watch, one of their best IMO.

The ADs definitely don't know. If they did it would be leaked all over the place. There's tens of thousands of people working in these ADs across the world. I can absolutely believe ADs would want to let on that they know more than they can say though.
    Not all ADs are equal!

Master
    I'd love a blue or green bezel ND, perfection for me & a nice addition to my 14060M.

I'm still waiting on a call for a Pepsi and the Explorer for my wife's 40th next July - they did say it would be about 6 months before her birthday but you never know if they have just forgotten.

Refuse to play the game buying jewellery though, madness.

I've purchased a small amount from the 1 store, Sub ND, Pelagos, BBR & 2 Omega constellations, but clearly small fry.

Does anyone know in current Covid climate whether you need to physically go into Goldsmiths to register intent? Previously speaking with the Rolex chap in there (who was wearing a Pepsi, lucky chap) they used to insist on physical in-store presence vs just calling up.

Not been lucky with any lock down calls for watches, cancelled the xmas Caribbean holiday, so feel some good luck would be in order soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    My guess is a submariner on oysterflex
    Ok I’ll ask a dumb question.... can the oyster flex strap not already fit on the sub?

Not all ADs are equal!
    Yup, some are much worse

But seriously, I really doubt Rolex is giving out their secrets to their mates at the AD network. Nobody can keep a secret in the days of social media and camera phones.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Ok I’ll ask a dumb question.... can the oyster flex strap not already fit on the sub?
    If you do manage to make one fit, just make sure you remove it before sending the watch for service. Otherwise the RSC will probably burn it off with a blowtorch and charge you for the pleasure.

If you do manage to make one fit, just make sure you remove it before sending the watch for service. Otherwise the RSC will probably burn it off with a blowtorch and charge you for the pleasure.
    I don’t own a sub. Just curious re the rubber fit. My mate had the rose gold yachtmaster on oysterflex and it felt amazing

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yup, some are much worse

But seriously, I really doubt Rolex is giving out their secrets to their mates at the AD network. Nobody can keep a secret in the days of social media and camera phones.
    As I said above.

- - - Updated - - -

Stupid.

As I said above.

- - - Updated - - -

Stupid.
    It's obviously a joke about the RSC not accepting any type of mod.

Christ you're a bit hard work mate, three times now... lighten up.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ^^^You’ll get to understand.

Master
    Yup, some are much worse

Well the reason I got my white Daytona in 2016 was because a picture was posted of it on the internet in January and I emailed an AD and asked to be first in line. He replied saying he didn’t think it was being replaced but put me down 1st on the list. Forward to March and that exact watch was released, in white and black dial. No way was it a mock up, it was exactly that. Some dirty dog in Geneva clearly leaked it. So no reason why an AD might not know, especially with covid. Normally announced in March and delivered two or three months later. Whose to say that they aren’t being delivered in time for next week? Factory was closed for two months but even with that they probably have a lot ready to go. My guess is some people know. Unless it’s a 42 SS blue Daytona I’m out anyway. Okay I’ll take a 41 if I must.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I don’t own a sub. Just curious re the rubber fit. My mate had the rose gold yachtmaster on oysterflex and it felt amazing
    It’ll fit near enough anything with 20mm lugs.
    BLNR - https://www.instagram.com/p/B4r47MKH77m
    SS Daytona (with end links to fill the gap) - https://www.instagram.com/p/B7LregmnK4X

The only reason it sits flusher on the YM is the lug holes are inboard by a couple of mil, and there’s a recess cut out of the case for the oyster flex to fit in.
    Also the reason you can’t fit a Oyster bracelet to a YM40, without re-drilling the lugs, or modified end links on the bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    SS Daytona (with end links to fill the gap) - https://www.instagram.com/p/B7LregmnK4X

The only reason it sits flusher on the YM is the lug holes are inboard by a couple of mil, and there’s a recess cut out of the case for the oyster flex to fit in.
    Also the reason you can’t fit a Oyster bracelet to a YM40, without re-drilling the lugs, or modified end links on the bracelet
    Thanks for that

This was posted and then taken down, could still be a photoshop.

Looks good that

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post

Must say i tried this on today and the Oysterflex did feel really comfortable. It would be nice if Rolex did this as an option for their range.

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post

Not showing as taken down to me - still working https://youtu.be/OBgMnQllYyA

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post

I have to say if it’s real, which like you I also have doubts, I’m not going to be that excited about a ceramic Kermit.

Craftsman

Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I have to say if it’s real, which like you I also have doubts, I’m not going to be that excited about a ceramic Kermit.

If a new Kermit meant an end to the production of the ugly Hulk, I would be excited.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    If a new Kermit meant an end to the production of the ugly Hulk, I would be excited.
    Had a couple of Hulks, and for me the highlight was the dial. Never particularly liked the colour of the bezel, so this would be a disappointment for me

Master

Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

Someone compare the hulk from the current catalogue with the leaked on the right. Does indeed look like slimmer lugs and wider bracelet as speculated. The TRF post also pointed out it doesn’t look like a photoshopped Hulk as the hour hand covers more of the R in the leaked picture. The light reflection on the bezel and bracelet also looks different. Can also see the crown between the Swiss made in the leaked. It still could be a really good photoshop though

Master
    Would be a shame to be losing that green gold dial. Isn't that what it was called on release!?