closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Excited to see what you pick up

AD: "Yes sir we can get you on the list for a SS Sub, but you'll need to buy a #6 first"

Me:
    Thanks, me too. Will post an update on Saturday hopefully.

I do think other than the new Sub range its a new yachtmaster. Whether its the oysterflex in steel or the same on a steel bracelet with a dark coloured bezel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Someone just sent me this, apparently floating around social media!

Most of those have been floating around for months and many of them were also last years predictions.

The number 6 that no one likes was nicknamed the ‘sprite’.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I would like to see a yellow/rose gold Hulk. Possible I think for 70th sub anniversary 2023 release.

Mock up below, for me it would be the hottest of the green dial gold Rolex out there, gmt, Daytona, day date etc.

I’m not into green myself but that really looks quite nice. I could see that selling quite well.

Master
    Very similar to the old GMT with green dial and black bezel...although that was not the hulk dial.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Someone just sent me this, apparently floating around social media!

5, 8 and 9 for me please!

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Number six is hideous!
    Ah, this one. It is.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I actually love that (save that the real thing would probably have different plots, hands and dial print)
    Like these, Tony?

I have it in good authority that all the movements are being upgraded to quartz

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Like these, Tony?

I'm in the mind set that the Submariner will be released with black dial and Ceramic Blue bezel. After all the LV was in that configuration whilst it was a 5 digit model. Also it would make the 116619 have a point of difference with the blue dial, just look what they did with the 116719 after releasing the Ceramic Pepsi, dial changed from black to blue. Maybe a rose gold Submariner too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Ah, this one. It is.

Wasn't this a joke from one of the websites? I'm sure there was something about one of the author's kids asking why there wasn't a sprite if there was a coke and a pepsi, so they mocked it up. Might have been for April fools.

I'm going to guess at a blue bezel, blue dial Submariner; following Tudor's lead with the blue BB that has just been released. I would be interested if there was a update to the Explorer II maybe with a ceramic bezel; but it's all academic really as it's highly unlikely I'd ever be able to get one at list price.

Master
    I’ve put my order in for a blue faced steel Daytona on 42mm for the 7th year running - I don’t think they are listening to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lusty View Post
    Wasn't this a joke from one of the websites? I'm sure there was something about one of the author's kids asking why there wasn't a sprite if there was a coke and a pepsi, so they mocked it up. Might have been for April fools.
    Probably.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Probably.
    Yup - here's the link to the article:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ei...ite-gmt-master

Be interesting to see what the new model(s) will be - I'm expecting a blue steel sub with at least a 7 year waiting list to be one of the accessories (and may Ben Stiller doing the marketing)...

Also, possibly an updated Milgauss as well

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    I had a surprise call by my AD today and will be collecting a new piece over the weekend. Can't wait, will share more once I pick it up.
    I had a surprise call too and will collect on Friday. Asked nearly 3 years ago so wasn’t holding out.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I had a surprise call too and will collect on Friday. Asked nearly 3 years ago so wasn’t holding out.
    Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your update on Friday!

I think the hulk rather than being discontinued will be updated with the new movement - we will know in a week I guess

Master
    All interesting stuff, funny thing is I've had a voicemail today from my local AD saying to call them ASAP as I've been on the list for so long now I forgotten what I shown interest in, definitely a no date sub and think a Pepsi, so I'm guessing a Sub is why they are calling me as it'll probably be the old version next week? On the blower 9am tomoz to find out :-)

Lots of calls from ADs suggests Rolex clearing out the discontinued ones before new versions come in. Question is would you want the new version or the now discontinued one

Quote Originally Posted by Lusty View Post
    Maybe they will release a “Fanta” with an orange bezel like the omega PO! Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Maybe they will release a “Fanta” with an orange bezel like the omega PO! Haha.

Someone with computer photoshop skills should do this for a laugh!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adz34 View Post
    All interesting stuff, funny thing is I've had a voicemail today from my local AD saying to call them ASAP as I've been on the list for so long now I forgotten what I shown interest in, definitely a no date sub and think a Pepsi, so I'm guessing a Sub is why they are calling me as it'll probably be the old version next week? On the blower 9am tomoz to find out :-)
    Great! What did they have for you? :-)

Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

Seems to be a lot of rumour about a 42mm sub. I think that would be a mistake
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 27th August 2020 at 11:02.

It will be very interesting to see if the old movement subs are sold by ADs at same price as the new movement ones (assuming the sub is indeed getting a new movement of course)
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 27th August 2020 at 12:33.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    It will be very interesting to see if the old movement subs are sold by ADs at same price as the new movement o es (assuming the sub is indeed getting a new movement of course)
    Yep I’d imagine so and they would sell them all. Many people would be happy to get the very last watches of that number I’m guessing as they probably know they wouldn’t get the new one for years. If there is a new sub it will be the next one to get unless there’s an updated green or blue sub.

Seems to be a lot of rumour about a 42mm sub. I think that would be a mistake
    I think it's meant to be 41mm with the same style lugs as the SD43. If that's the case I'll definitely want one. I really like my Sub ND but if it had better lugs like the SD43 it might need the extra 1mm to balance it out. Could look too small otherwise.

Since this is the proverbial Bookies' Favourite:

What, my WIS-y chums, shall be its smug, annoying nickname?

I'm torn between "Dead Baby" and "Abused Smurfette", but I feel others can do better...

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Since this is the proverbial Bookies' Favourite:

What, my WIS-y chums, shall be its smug, annoying nickname?

I'm torn between "Dead Baby" and "Abused Smurfette", but I feel others can do better...
    Have to say that holds no appeal. To be topical I’d call it Democrat Blue but prob the wrong thread to say it .

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I think it's meant to be 41mm with the same style lugs as the SD43. If that's the case I'll definitely want one. I really like my Sub ND but if it had better lugs like the SD43 it might need the extra 1mm to balance it out. Could look too small otherwise.
    Interesting - oh well in 4 days you’ll know.

Master
    Yer I think this is what it’ll be, or could just be 40mm with a very slight taper, like the updated gmt where the change was almost imperceptible

Master
    Yer I think this is what it’ll be, or could just be 40mm with a very slight taper, like the updated gmt where the change was almost imperceptible
    That would be my guess...cannot see the GMT and Sub case sizes differing...not sure they really have in history?

But then again, cannot second guess Rolex! Anything is possible.

I would like to see a yellow/rose gold Hulk. Possible I think for 70th sub anniversary 2023 release.

Mock up below, for me it would be the hottest of the green dial gold Rolex out there, gmt, Daytona, day date etc.

Even though theyre gaudy almost, if not actually, to the point of vulgarity, theres something I love about a green and yellow gold rolex. tried a green dialled GMT master II on a couple of years ago in Texas, fully expecting to get some comedy value out of it, but ended up really liking it. I dont think the green ever really worked on a "toolish" looking stainless case, but the OTT combination with gold just embraces the "look what i got" image.
    A green bezel wouldve sealed the deal for me at the time I reckon.

Been to my local AD today. He thinks there will be a Sub with a black bezel and green dial.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Been to my local AD today. He thinks there will be a Sub with a black bezel and green dial.

The “kermihulk”

The “kermihulk”

Or Hulkermit?

Or Hulkermit?

Be amazing if they made an Omega inspired chronograph called the Relax Speedposter.

Be amazing if they made an Omega inspired chronograph called the Relax Speedposter.
    Haha! Should have gone with Hulkermit!

Craftsman
    My AD suggested that Rolex will be introducing the new Rolex Hologram-ograph. Apparently, its a subscription service whereby you get a device that projects any Rolex you want on your wrist. that would be revolutionary!

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Surely a few ADs will already have some of new models in store? But are unable to sell until Rolex makes their announcement. Hard to imagine Rolex will only start distributing after the announcement. Which means, some of our AD friends already know what will be released?!

I imagine Rolex can have its stock of new watches delivered to its AD’s anywhere in the world with 3 days.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

A bog standard 114060 with a 3,6,9 dial would be rather nice.

Personally I think we will see more diamond encrusted super expensive models which only A listers and a Rapper will buy. A much bigger profit margin for less work.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    It will be very interesting to see if the old movement subs are sold by ADs at same price as the new movement ones (assuming the sub is indeed getting a new movement of course)
    Not that any of us will be seeing old movt.models except on watching and dealers are certainly not going to discount anything.
    Last edited by mrushton; 27th August 2020 at 21:59.

[QUOTE=Kippax;5515915]Been to my local AD today. He thinks there will be a Sub with a black bezel and green dial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Ozzie;5516098]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I hope not - that is just awful.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

From Rolex Passion Report. Few days old but he has a fairly decent track record.

From Rolex Passion Report. Few days old but he has a fairly decent track record.
    Like all of those mock ups. Think I like the idea of blue bezel + dial in steel most.

Master
    Haha! Should have gone with Hulkermit!

How did you manage to squeeze another one out, what next posts for hulkerhulk kermithulkypoo suggestions. You’ll get to the promised land soon enough

How did you manage to squeeze another one out, what next posts for hulkerhulk kermithulkypoo suggestions. You’ll get to the promised land soon enough
    Sorry AC. Was just having a play on words moment/laugh. Bad times ahead for my family and I. Just trying to distract myself and this forum helps. Best regards.

Last edited by Stonewood; 28th August 2020 at 08:35.

Master
    Definitely could happen, but that would mean all subs will have black dials!?