closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

Craftsman

Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

I see Rolex has confirmed that 1st September is the date they will unveil their new watches..

Blog Entries
    Is that a hint of a blue sub on instagram?

Craftsman
    Or a steel Oysterflex Yachtmaster? More likely a new Sub.

Whatever they are you won’t be able to buy one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Sub? Or a Yacht Master on Oysterflex? Either way there looks to be a blue dive watch coming.

Master

Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

I’m pretty convinced it will be a blue sub. Makes sense the smurf goes steel and the blue BB58 was another hint, tudor pepsi Rolex pepsi etc and Pepsi white gold pepsi steel
    Last edited by ac11111; 25th August 2020 at 09:47.

Craftsman
    My guess is a new Smart watch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    My guess is a new Smart watch
    My guess is you’re an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I’m pretty convinced it will be a blue sub. Makes sense the smurf goes steel and the blue BB58 was another hint, tudor pepsi Rolex pepsi etc and Pepsi white gold pepsi steel
    I blooming hope not, I had a WG Pepsi and it pee'd me off when they released similar in SS and now I've got a WG Sub' I'll be pee'd off again if they bring out a SS one!!

The new ones should come with handy instructions like if you intend to keep it for a few months then try for 100% profit on SC it might be wise not to wear the watch.

Time for all those special relationships to really be tested. I wonder how many on here will pop in and try and get themselves on a list for a watch that hasn't been announced yet based purely on rumour - come on, own up, someone will

Master
    Any way to view without Instagram account?

Edit: just managed to view...

Typical Rolex teaser!
    Last edited by Boss13; 25th August 2020 at 10:08.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Any way to view without Instagram account?

Edit: just managed to view...

Typical Rolex teaser!
    The Rolex website has the same video as the one on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Time for all those special relationships to really be tested. I wonder how many on here will pop in and try and get themselves on a list for a watch that hasn't been announced yet based purely on rumour - come on, own up, someone will
    I've done that before without a special relationship. Back when stores had a list written in a book and you could see your name first. They honoured it and gave the watch but I get the feeling they really didn't want to. It took a few calls to secure it.

Reality is there's no rush to be first on a list anymore as there isn't a list. Just put your name down and if you have enough spend or they like you they'll give you a call. Doesn't matter if you register your interest today, September 1st or October onwards. If they want you to have it they'll get you one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    I blooming hope not, I had a WG Pepsi and it pee'd me off when they released similar in SS and now I've got a WG Sub' I'll be pee'd off again if they bring out a SS one!!
    Oh dear, although Rolex will make some differentiation I would have thought if they release steel blue sub.

Master
    Why are all feeling it is blue? Apart form the Ocean in the background, am I missing an obvious clue?

My money is also on a blue Sub. Lots of talk about the Explorer as well, but seems likely to be next year. Doubt we’ll see anything more significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    My guess is you’re an idiot
    I thought his comment was funny. Relax!

This tells me that they’re not going to discontinue the Hulk.

Craftsman
    Surely a few ADs will already have some of new models in store? But are unable to sell until Rolex makes their announcement. Hard to imagine Rolex will only start distributing after the announcement. Which means, some of our AD friends already know what will be released?!

Master
    Blog Entries
    IIRC last time they updated the sub they released the WG version in blue. I think they will do the same this time followed by other versions next year at whatever Basel is now called.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Surely a few ADs will already have some of new models in store? But are unable to sell until Rolex makes their announcement. Hard to imagine Rolex will only start distributing after the announcement. Which means, some of our AD friends already know what will be released?!
    Hasn't that always been the case? The announcement comes with a future date when the model will be actually available?

The Tudor launch this year was a new style, so they may do the same. But I doubt it, because if the models were already in stores there would be leaks already.

Why? The watch you bought didn’t change when they released another version. Or does it bother you that that strangers might mistake you for someone who can only afford a steel Rolex?

Master
    I think Rolex will not do a Tudor release with product already in store...will probably be a month or two before we start to see them coming through to the AD I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Why? The watch you bought didn’t change when they released another version. Or does it bother you that that strangers might mistake you for someone who can only afford a steel Rolex?
    Tbh if I’d paid £30k for a watch that looked like a £30k watch and then overnight there was a steel version that looked almost the same but could be had for £7k I wouldn’t feel great about that either. It wouldn’t make my £30k watch worth any less or even make me want it any less. But, if I’d bought it for the look then I could have had that look for a fraction of the price, and if I’d bought it for the exclusivity, it’d appear to be less exclusive too.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post

I guess I bought into the (perceived?) exclusivity rather than the cost but either way, why the dig?
    Last edited by spuds; 25th August 2020 at 13:08. Reason: Attempted explanation

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Tbh if I’d paid £30k for a watch that looked like a £30k watch and then overnight there was a steel version that looked almost the same but could be had for £7k I wouldn’t feel great about that either. It wouldn’t make my £30k watch worth any less or even make me want it any less. But, if I’d bought it for the look then I could have had that look for a fraction of the price, and if I’d bought it for the exclusivity, it’d appear to be less exclusive too.
    Thank you, and worded so much better than my own reply.

Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    This tells me that they’re not going to discontinue the Hulk.
    What makes you say that?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Imagine if they swapped Hulk and Smurf around metal wise.....

Would kind of make sense since the Hulk is so hot and Smurf seemed easy to get (could be wrong on that but last year when I was in the UK the smurf was the only Sporty model I saw in windows, presumably due to the high cost)

Master
    Well, yes. I have a 42mm Yachtmaster in white gold. Wouldn’t surprise me if that appears in steel. But Spuds, you know the truth of this, gold feels different and is different. It’s just a far more special watch. And remains so......
    Incidentally, Rolex are careful to make sure that the steel versions don’t look the same. Very nice, and far better priced, but not the same. Something for every taste. Which is fair enough.
    One thought; if there’s a blue steel sub, then there’s no new case Sub.
    Last edited by paskinner; 25th August 2020 at 13:44.

Master
    Go on Rolex, thinner lugs on the sub...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Imagine if they swapped Hulk and Smurf around metal wise.....

Would kind of make sense since the Hulk is so hot and Smurf seemed easy to get (could be wrong on that but last year when I was in the UK the smurf was the only Sporty model I saw in windows, presumably due to the high cost)
    I would like to see a yellow/rose gold Hulk. Possible I think for 70th sub anniversary 2023 release.

Mock up below, for me it would be the hottest of the green dial gold Rolex out there, gmt, Daytona, day date etc.

I would like to see a yellow/rose gold Hulk. Possible I think for 70th sub anniversary 2023 release.

Mock up below, for me it would be the hottest of the green dial gold Rolex out there, gmt, Daytona, day date etc.

Now that I would buy!!

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Well, yes. I have a 42mm Yachtmaster in white gold. Wouldn’t surprise me if that appears in steel. But Spuds, you know the truth of this, gold feels different and is different. It’s just a far more special watch. And remains so......
    Incidentally, Rolex are careful to make sure that the steel versions don’t look the same. Very nice, and far better priced, but not the same. Something for every taste. Which is fair enough.
    One thought; if there’s a blue steel sub, then there’s no new case Sub.
    I hear what you're saying Peter and I agree with it all, it's just a bit like when they put baton markers on the PM Skydwellers, (the same as the SS models), the PM models just suddenly appeared that bit less 'special' to me somehow....

I actually love that (save that the real thing would probably have different plots, hands and dial print)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird84 View Post
    What makes you say that?
    Let’s just say I have an inkling.

Slimmer lugs Submariner Date with the new movement.

Master

The ultimate Harrods edition Sub :)

This would instantly vault it to the top in terms of desirability. First for the symbolic meaning of green: peace, nature, money, life, etc. And then yellow gold: the most classic of all precious metals.

Craftsman
    I had a surprise call by my AD today and will be collecting a new piece over the weekend. Can't wait, will share more once I pick it up.

Anyway, I took the time to discuss the new watches and his thoughts were Blue Sub, LV being retired and a new gold sub... He did caveat by saying that's his opinion and wont know until next week..

I liked the WG Pepsi when it came out but mainly because it looked so good, especially on the oyster. I saw one for £16k or so s/h and was tempted to sell a few wathches to buy it but realised I'm far too MX-5/Seiko and probably wouldn't wear it. I still like the WG one, I wonder what the s/h prices are now compared to the SS model?
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I actually love that (save that the real thing would probably have different plots, hands and dial print)
    Yup the hypothetical real watch I imagine would have gold tones on dial and hands, slimmer lugs and brushed centre links.

I agree with other comments, it would be the ultimate modern sub but at the same time, I’m not sure I’m ballsy enough to wear such a piece out for fear of appearing laughably flash and for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The new ones should come with handy instructions like if you intend to keep it for a few months then try for 100% profit on SC it might be wise not to wear the watch.

Although remembering you can't* actually sell the watch for 3 years if you buy new from some ADs.

[* you can but you will be black marked]
    As for the new releases, yup, I'm already down for a blue Sub.

Someone just sent me this, apparently floating around social media!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post

Wot no purple one, damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ^^^^quite a few horrors there.

Number six is hideous!

Craftsman
    I would like 36mm explorer. But probably a sub

Master
    We need to start spread betting on the % over list that these will command as soon as they hit dealers.

Master
    Good point especially with this year's announcement being delayed.

Master
    i'd love it but i cant see a steel smurf happening ever. the wg pepsi wasnt the first pepsi....first ceramic pepsi i guess? so the steel pepsi precedent existed. thats not so with the smurf.

personally id love a white dialed explorer, 40 or 42mm.

Master
    a 42mm sub....now that won't happen either but...well...it would be a snigger worthy surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    I had a surprise call by my AD today and will be collecting a new piece over the weekend. Can't wait, will share more once I pick it up.

Anyway, I took the time to discuss the new watches and his thoughts were Blue Sub, LV being retired and a new gold sub... He did caveat by saying that's his opinion and wont know until next week..
    Excited to see what you pick up

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post

AD: "Yes sir we can get you on the list for a SS Sub, but you'll need to buy a #6 first"

Me: