closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 791

Thread: Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    South Bucks, UK
    Posts
    362

    Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

    I see Rolex has confirmed that 1st September is the date they will unveil their new watches..

  2. #2
    Master numberjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,301
    Blog Entries
    1
    Is that a hint of a blue sub on instagram?

  3. #3
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    South Bucks, UK
    Posts
    362
    Or a steel Oysterflex Yachtmaster? More likely a new Sub.

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    2,601
    Whatever they are you won’t be able to buy one...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Blue Sub? Or a Yacht Master on Oysterflex? Either way there looks to be a blue dive watch coming.

  6. #6
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,747

    Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

    I’m pretty convinced it will be a blue sub. Makes sense the smurf goes steel and the blue BB58 was another hint, tudor pepsi Rolex pepsi etc and Pepsi white gold pepsi steel
    Last edited by ac11111; 25th August 2020 at 09:47.

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Isle of Man
    Posts
    402
    My guess is a new Smart watch

  8. #8
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    My guess is a new Smart watch
    My guess is you’re an idiot

  9. #9
    Master spuds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I’m pretty convinced it will be a blue sub. Makes sense the smurf goes steel and the blue BB58 was another hint, tudor pepsi Rolex pepsi etc and Pepsi white gold pepsi steel
    I blooming hope not, I had a WG Pepsi and it pee'd me off when they released similar in SS and now I've got a WG Sub' I'll be pee'd off again if they bring out a SS one!!

  10. #10
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Merry Old England
    Posts
    12,119
    The new ones should come with handy instructions like if you intend to keep it for a few months then try for 100% profit on SC it might be wise not to wear the watch.

    Time for all those special relationships to really be tested. I wonder how many on here will pop in and try and get themselves on a list for a watch that hasn't been announced yet based purely on rumour - come on, own up, someone will

  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,455
    Any way to view without Instagram account?

    Edit: just managed to view...

    Typical Rolex teaser!
    Last edited by Boss13; 25th August 2020 at 10:08.

  12. #12
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    South Bucks, UK
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Any way to view without Instagram account?

    Edit: just managed to view...

    Typical Rolex teaser!
    The Rolex website has the same video as the one on Instagram.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Time for all those special relationships to really be tested. I wonder how many on here will pop in and try and get themselves on a list for a watch that hasn't been announced yet based purely on rumour - come on, own up, someone will
    I've done that before without a special relationship. Back when stores had a list written in a book and you could see your name first. They honoured it and gave the watch but I get the feeling they really didn't want to. It took a few calls to secure it.

    Reality is there's no rush to be first on a list anymore as there isn't a list. Just put your name down and if you have enough spend or they like you they'll give you a call. Doesn't matter if you register your interest today, September 1st or October onwards. If they want you to have it they'll get you one.

  14. #14
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    I blooming hope not, I had a WG Pepsi and it pee'd me off when they released similar in SS and now I've got a WG Sub' I'll be pee'd off again if they bring out a SS one!!
    Oh dear, although Rolex will make some differentiation I would have thought if they release steel blue sub.

  15. #15
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,455
    Why are all feeling it is blue? Apart form the Ocean in the background, am I missing an obvious clue?

  16. #16
    Craftsman M1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    601
    My money is also on a blue Sub. Lots of talk about the Explorer as well, but seems likely to be next year. Doubt we’ll see anything more significant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    My guess is you’re an idiot
    I thought his comment was funny. Relax!

  17. #17
    Craftsman WHL1882's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    455
    This tells me that they’re not going to discontinue the Hulk.

  18. #18
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    338
    Surely a few ADs will already have some of new models in store? But are unable to sell until Rolex makes their announcement. Hard to imagine Rolex will only start distributing after the announcement. Which means, some of our AD friends already know what will be released?!

  19. #19
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Malvern
    Posts
    6,542
    Blog Entries
    1
    IIRC last time they updated the sub they released the WG version in blue. I think they will do the same this time followed by other versions next year at whatever Basel is now called.

  20. #20
    Craftsman M1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Surely a few ADs will already have some of new models in store? But are unable to sell until Rolex makes their announcement. Hard to imagine Rolex will only start distributing after the announcement. Which means, some of our AD friends already know what will be released?!
    Hasn't that always been the case? The announcement comes with a future date when the model will be actually available?

    The Tudor launch this year was a new style, so they may do the same. But I doubt it, because if the models were already in stores there would be leaks already.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    I blooming hope not, I had a WG Pepsi and it pee'd me off when they released similar in SS and now I've got a WG Sub' I'll be pee'd off again if they bring out a SS one!!
    Why? The watch you bought didn’t change when they released another version. Or does it bother you that that strangers might mistake you for someone who can only afford a steel Rolex?

  22. #22
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Surely a few ADs will already have some of new models in store? But are unable to sell until Rolex makes their announcement. Hard to imagine Rolex will only start distributing after the announcement. Which means, some of our AD friends already know what will be released?!
    I think Rolex will not do a Tudor release with product already in store...will probably be a month or two before we start to see them coming through to the AD I would guess.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Why? The watch you bought didn’t change when they released another version. Or does it bother you that that strangers might mistake you for someone who can only afford a steel Rolex?
    Tbh if I’d paid £30k for a watch that looked like a £30k watch and then overnight there was a steel version that looked almost the same but could be had for £7k I wouldn’t feel great about that either. It wouldn’t make my £30k watch worth any less or even make me want it any less. But, if I’d bought it for the look then I could have had that look for a fraction of the price, and if I’d bought it for the exclusivity, it’d appear to be less exclusive too.

  24. #24
    Master spuds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Why? The watch you bought didn’t change when they released another version. Or does it bother you that that strangers might mistake you for someone who can only afford a steel Rolex?

    I guess I bought into the (perceived?) exclusivity rather than the cost but either way, why the dig?
    Last edited by spuds; 25th August 2020 at 13:08. Reason: Attempted explanation

  25. #25
    Master spuds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Tbh if I’d paid £30k for a watch that looked like a £30k watch and then overnight there was a steel version that looked almost the same but could be had for £7k I wouldn’t feel great about that either. It wouldn’t make my £30k watch worth any less or even make me want it any less. But, if I’d bought it for the look then I could have had that look for a fraction of the price, and if I’d bought it for the exclusivity, it’d appear to be less exclusive too.
    Thank you, and worded so much better than my own reply.

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    This tells me that they’re not going to discontinue the Hulk.
    What makes you say that?

  27. #27
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    3,077
    Blog Entries
    2
    Imagine if they swapped Hulk and Smurf around metal wise.....

    Would kind of make sense since the Hulk is so hot and Smurf seemed easy to get (could be wrong on that but last year when I was in the UK the smurf was the only Sporty model I saw in windows, presumably due to the high cost)

  28. #28
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sussex, UK
    Posts
    4,790
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    I blooming hope not, I had a WG Pepsi and it pee'd me off when they released similar in SS and now I've got a WG Sub' I'll be pee'd off again if they bring out a SS one!!
    Well, yes. I have a 42mm Yachtmaster in white gold. Wouldn’t surprise me if that appears in steel. But Spuds, you know the truth of this, gold feels different and is different. It’s just a far more special watch. And remains so......
    Incidentally, Rolex are careful to make sure that the steel versions don’t look the same. Very nice, and far better priced, but not the same. Something for every taste. Which is fair enough.
    One thought; if there’s a blue steel sub, then there’s no new case Sub.
    Last edited by paskinner; 25th August 2020 at 13:44.

  29. #29
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,508
    Go on Rolex, thinner lugs on the sub...

  30. #30
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Imagine if they swapped Hulk and Smurf around metal wise.....

    Would kind of make sense since the Hulk is so hot and Smurf seemed easy to get (could be wrong on that but last year when I was in the UK the smurf was the only Sporty model I saw in windows, presumably due to the high cost)
    I would like to see a yellow/rose gold Hulk. Possible I think for 70th sub anniversary 2023 release.

    Mock up below, for me it would be the hottest of the green dial gold Rolex out there, gmt, Daytona, day date etc.



  31. #31
    Master spuds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I would like to see a yellow/rose gold Hulk. Possible I think for 70th sub anniversary 2023 release.

    Mock up below, for me it would be the hottest of the green dial gold Rolex out there, gmt, Daytona, day date etc.



    Now that I would buy!!

  32. #32
    Master spuds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Well, yes. I have a 42mm Yachtmaster in white gold. Wouldn’t surprise me if that appears in steel. But Spuds, you know the truth of this, gold feels different and is different. It’s just a far more special watch. And remains so......
    Incidentally, Rolex are careful to make sure that the steel versions don’t look the same. Very nice, and far better priced, but not the same. Something for every taste. Which is fair enough.
    One thought; if there’s a blue steel sub, then there’s no new case Sub.
    I hear what you're saying Peter and I agree with it all, it's just a bit like when they put baton markers on the PM Skydwellers, (the same as the SS models), the PM models just suddenly appeared that bit less 'special' to me somehow....

  33. #33
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    31,646
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I would like to see a yellow/rose gold Hulk. Possible I think for 70th sub anniversary 2023 release.

    Mock up below, for me it would be the hottest of the green dial gold Rolex out there, gmt, Daytona, day date etc.


    I actually love that (save that the real thing would probably have different plots, hands and dial print)

  34. #34
    Craftsman WHL1882's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird84 View Post
    What makes you say that?
    Let’s just say I have an inkling.

  35. #35
    Master Toshk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,607
    Slimmer lugs Submariner Date with the new movement.

  36. #36
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    London / Madeira
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I would like to see a yellow/rose gold Hulk. Possible I think for 70th sub anniversary 2023 release.

    Mock up below, for me it would be the hottest of the green dial gold Rolex out there, gmt, Daytona, day date etc.


    The ultimate Harrods edition Sub :)

    This would instantly vault it to the top in terms of desirability. First for the symbolic meaning of green: peace, nature, money, life, etc. And then yellow gold: the most classic of all precious metals.

  37. #37
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    South Bucks, UK
    Posts
    362
    I had a surprise call by my AD today and will be collecting a new piece over the weekend. Can't wait, will share more once I pick it up.

    Anyway, I took the time to discuss the new watches and his thoughts were Blue Sub, LV being retired and a new gold sub... He did caveat by saying that's his opinion and wont know until next week..

  38. #38
    Grand Master Foxy100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Die Fuchsröhre
    Posts
    14,382
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    I blooming hope not, I had a WG Pepsi and it pee'd me off when they released similar in SS and now I've got a WG Sub' I'll be pee'd off again if they bring out a SS one!!
    I liked the WG Pepsi when it came out but mainly because it looked so good, especially on the oyster. I saw one for £16k or so s/h and was tempted to sell a few wathches to buy it but realised I'm far too MX-5/Seiko and probably wouldn't wear it. I still like the WG one, I wonder what the s/h prices are now compared to the SS model?
    "A man of little significance"

  39. #39
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I actually love that (save that the real thing would probably have different plots, hands and dial print)
    Yup the hypothetical real watch I imagine would have gold tones on dial and hands, slimmer lugs and brushed centre links.

    I agree with other comments, it would be the ultimate modern sub but at the same time, I’m not sure I’m ballsy enough to wear such a piece out for fear of appearing laughably flash and for safety.

  40. #40
    Master jukeboxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The new ones should come with handy instructions like if you intend to keep it for a few months then try for 100% profit on SC it might be wise not to wear the watch.

    Time for all those special relationships to really be tested. I wonder how many on here will pop in and try and get themselves on a list for a watch that hasn't been announced yet based purely on rumour - come on, own up, someone will
    Although remembering you can't* actually sell the watch for 3 years if you buy new from some ADs.

    [* you can but you will be black marked]
    As for the new releases, yup, I'm already down for a blue Sub.

  41. #41
    Someone just sent me this, apparently floating around social media!


  42. #42
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Someone just sent me this, apparently floating around social media!

    Wot no purple one, damn


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  43. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,948
    Blog Entries
    1
    ^^^^quite a few horrors there.

  44. #44
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    3,481
    Number six is hideous!

  45. #45
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    417
    I would like 36mm explorer. But probably a sub

  46. #46
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    M62 corridor
    Posts
    2,963
    We need to start spread betting on the % over list that these will command as soon as they hit dealers.

  47. #47
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    M62 corridor
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Surely a few ADs will already have some of new models in store? But are unable to sell until Rolex makes their announcement. Hard to imagine Rolex will only start distributing after the announcement. Which means, some of our AD friends already know what will be released?!
    Good point especially with this year's announcement being delayed.

  48. #48
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    750
    i'd love it but i cant see a steel smurf happening ever. the wg pepsi wasnt the first pepsi....first ceramic pepsi i guess? so the steel pepsi precedent existed. thats not so with the smurf.

    personally id love a white dialed explorer, 40 or 42mm.

  49. #49
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    750
    a 42mm sub....now that won't happen either but...well...it would be a snigger worthy surprise

  50. #50
    Craftsman M1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    I had a surprise call by my AD today and will be collecting a new piece over the weekend. Can't wait, will share more once I pick it up.

    Anyway, I took the time to discuss the new watches and his thoughts were Blue Sub, LV being retired and a new gold sub... He did caveat by saying that's his opinion and wont know until next week..
    Excited to see what you pick up


    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Someone just sent me this, apparently floating around social media!

    AD: "Yes sir we can get you on the list for a SS Sub, but you'll need to buy a #6 first"

    Me:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information