closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    As promised a side by side of the hulk and kermit. I like them both equally.

In terms of size there isnt really much in it, case sizes dont really look that different when next to each other. The bracelet is fractionally larger on the kermit, but prefer the bracelet soze of the hulk. The hulk dial changes depending on light and in some of tge pictures looked identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know from what I have seen elsewhere that the case size increase is negligible - nothing like 1mm.

Have you measured the width of a lug at the lug end on the new compared with the old?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    It’s hard to justify hiking up the prices by 50% or more, as simply to catch up with the market price, that would not go down well with customers.
    But, if the vast majority of potential customers can’t get one.....all they experience is other,luckier, people being sold scarce watches at what are, in truth, huge discounts. It’s a dreadfully unbalanced ‘market.’
    I can’t be the only one who simply won’t play. And I like Rolex. A lot.
    Last edited by paskinner; 26th September 2020 at 12:05.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    But, if the vast majority of potential customers can’t get one.....all they experience is other,luckier, people being sold scarce watches at what are, in truth, huge discounts. It’s a dreadfully unbalanced ‘market.’
    I can’t be the only one who simply won’t play. And I like Rolex. A lot.
    I’m not sure what the solution is really or even if it’s actually a problem

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    I know from what I have seen elsewhere that the case size increase is negligible - nothing like 1mm.

Have you measured the width of a lug at the lug end on the new compared with the old?
    It seems negligible, the only difference visible is the bracelet and lugs to be honest. Here is a recent pic side by side

The new sub with green bezel and black dial looks so much better imho

Craftsman

Classic

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post

Would have to agree. The new release has all the characteristics of a classic, the outgoing Hulk has all the characteristics of fashion fad.

Could be wrong entirely but I think buyers in the years to come will be having a laugh at an all green Submariner.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Would have to agree. The new release has all the characteristics of a classic, the outgoing Hulk has all the characteristics of fashion fad.

Could be wrong entirely but I think buyers in the years to come will be having a laugh at an all green Submariner.
    I disagree...the bezel is awful. Having that bezel with a black dial to me is slightly meh...but the dial on the hulk is one of a kind...and you can therefore put up with the bezel....if that is the only way to get that dial, what can you do? Unless it comes back for 2023? Let's see!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I disagree...the bezel is awful. Having that bezel with a black dial to me is slightly meh...but the dial on the hulk is one of a kind...and you can therefore put up with the bezel....if that is the only way to get that dial, what can you do? Unless it comes back for 2023? Let's see!
    I agree. I have had a couple of Hulks, and the highlight was the dial. The bezel colour is not the best shade of green in my opinion

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    It seems negligible, the only difference visible is the bracelet and lugs to be honest. Here is a recent pic side by side

I read a post on Watchprosite where an owner of the new Cermit said the clasp was a tad longer and was not as comfortable to wear across the wrist. Can you confirm if that is the case i.e. that it is indeed a longer clasp? I am sure it has more to do with the owners wrist but it was a curious "complaint" nevertheless.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post

Some of,us have been having a laugh at it since it was released!

The green bezel / Black dial is a monstrosity. It doesn’t know what it wants to be; the green clashes terribly. All black is timeless and will always be the one to have.

Am I the only one who's concluded that I have zero interest in this? Watches seem ao unimportant these days.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 27th September 2020 at 09:09.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    I read a post on Watchprosite where an owner of the new Cermit said the clasp was a tad longer and was not as comfortable to wear across the wrist. Can you confirm if that is the case i.e. that it is indeed a longer clasp? I am sure it has more to do with the owners wrist but it was a curious "complaint" nevertheless.
    Yes it is very slightly longer and it is wider.
    Does take some getting used to. But of course, it works.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Am I the only one who's concluded that I have zero interest in this? Watches seem ao unimportant these days.
    It’s a useful distraction from everything that’s going on, but I do think the releases this year were particularly uninspiring

Master
    I have it on good authority that Rolex marketing department base their new models on the Great British Bake Off - 3 different courses.

1. Lots of colour - yep load of different coloured dials, people will love that.
    2. Tweak on a classic recipe - the Jimmy Cameron tweak worked on the old lugs so let’s tweak the sub slighter. They’ll all love a lug change and an extra millimetre.
    3. The showstopper - you know update one of the popular models that no one can buy. They’ll all be banging on about it going for over double RRP on the grey market. Worked with the Daytona, Pepsi, BLNR, this year we’ll do the hulk. You’ve heard it here first - it’s the coke next year!

Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

I’m down for the Cermit but I’m slowly going off the idea. It’s not inspiring me from these photos. As I’ve said previously, I had hoped for a deeper green bezel, not Hulk green (which does not go with a black dial). Wearing my Hulk now, so much nicer with the green-gold dial.

I am surprised, Tony. There are always more important things in life. I feel the best way to get through this period is having priorities right, keep the head down, appreciate all that is good and enjoy the things that give you pleasure which can include watches. God willing, we will get through this.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I am surprised, Tony. There are always more important things in life. I feel the best way to get through this period is having priorities right, keep the head down, appreciate all that is good and enjoy the things that give you pleasure which can include watches. God willing, we will get through this.
    I’ve not really had my watch mojo for some time now, Raj. I understand what you’re saying, of course, but this year’s been a tough one and my mind has been elsewhere.

I still have them though :)

Colour is "the complication" for 2020. Colour is the latest black. We need some colour in our currently miserable lives. Especially with the winter coming.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

I’ve not really had my watch mojo for some time now, Raj. I understand what you’re saying, of course, but this year’s been a tough one and my mind has been elsewhere.

I understand. Hope 2021 settles down to be a much better year.

I’m with you here, mate. As you have noticed from my Instagram I’ve not worn anything other than AppleWatch since the start of lockdown. Been a useful tool. Watch mojo has faded a fair bit over last few months but still have ‘em, and still on here to read about them. Might try a few cheaper quartz buys to try and kickstart things...

Tough year sums it up.

Back to thread. I’m keen to see how the OP colours look in the metal. Was so close to buying the Olive green 34mm a while back... wears like 36 and colour made it very interesting. Shame that one has gone.

Master

I was off watches due to feeling all dressed up with nowhere to go earlier in the lockdown, but am now having rebound and am pining for some luxury! The idea of selling a few things to exchange for something new and shiny, without spending any actual money, seems very appealing. For a moment the new releases had me doing man maths, but the reality fell a fair way short of the fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I was off watches due to feeling all dressed up with nowhere to go earlier in the lockdown, but am now having rebound and am pining for some luxury! The idea of selling a few things to exchange for something new and shiny, without spending any actual money, seems very appealing. For a moment the new releases had me doing man maths, but the reality fell a fair way short of the fantasy.
    I know what you mean, but I did it with motorbikes instead. If it wasn’t for biking I think I’d have done mad by now.

Journeyman
    Love the look of this watch, once my house purchase has gone through I’m going to start pestering AD’s

Quote Originally Posted by Willows View Post
    New incoming... checking in with the Submariner 124060. This thing is stunning!

Journeyman
    My June 2019 date just 126334 fluted bezel was 41 mm with a rolex crown between the Swiss and made at the bottom. It also has the 3235 movement. So did they just make the 2020 Submariner SS a remake of this, watch? Nothing new then?

Have to agree.

Sold all mine, apart from the Tudor 58 which is already earmarked to go to my Grandson

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post
    My June 2019 date just 126334 fluted bezel was 41 mm with a rolex crown between the Swiss and made at the bottom. It also has the 3235 movement. So did they just make the 2020 Submariner SS a remake of this, watch? Nothing new then?
    No because you will find your datejust 41 is actually c.39mm!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    No because you will find your datejust 41 is actually c.39mm!
    Why was it called date just 41 then?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post
    Why was it called date just 41 then?
    You'd probably need to ask Rolex that one.

My Datejust 41. And no it wasn't 41mm. Which is why I find it amusing when people say they are too big but their 39mm watch is good.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    No - new one is so boring compared to the outgoing imho

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    No - new one is so boring compared to the outgoing imho
    Have you got both?

Master
    Not sure if it's what Rolex intended but interesting to see two eBay listings describing OPs with coloured dials as "novelty"!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLEX-OYS...0/363128855230

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Dia...1/124364609332

I was anticipating the coloured op to be readily available. Seems like they’ve been more popular than expected and have been slower to trickle through.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    I was anticipating the coloured op to be readily available. Seems like they’ve been more popular than expected and have been slower to trickle through.
    In the current madness, anything - anything at all - in stainless steel was going to be "sought after". Slow supply will only fuel the grey prices.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Not sure if it's what Rolex intended but interesting to see two eBay listings describing OPs with coloured dials as "novelty"!!
    It's a commonly-used term by manufacturers for newly-released watches: from the French 'nouveauté'.
    ______

​Jim.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Have you got both?
    Hi. No - not got the new one just the green-green hulk - but looking at the posted pictures that is my humble opinion - just having the green ceramic bezel makes it more boring (for me).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willows View Post
    New incoming... checking in with the Submariner 124060. This thing is stunning!

Lovely - reminds me of this!

Blog Entries
    Hi. No - not got the new one just the green-green hulk - but looking at the posted pictures that is my humble opinion - just having the green ceramic bezel makes it more boring (for me).
    Perhaps seeing it 'in the flesh' might change your mind? Sometimes watches look totally different in real life. I hated the latest ceramic Seamaster until I tried one on, then had to have it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    It's a commonly-used term by manufacturers for newly-released watches: from the French 'nouveauté'.
    A very good example of a term that shouldn’t be translated then. The English translation has a definite negative connotation here.

Craftsman
    All this talk just goes to show what exactly it is . Just a colour choice.
    Some love the green , some love just the bezel green and face black.

For me its actually the blue .

But I doubt i'll get near any of them with only 2 watch buys from my AD .

- - - Updated - - -

All this talk just goes to show what exactly it is . Just a colour choice.
    Some love the green , some love just the bezel green and face black.

For me its actually the blue .

But I doubt i'll get near any of them with only 2 watch buys from my AD .

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    A very good example of a term that shouldn’t be translated then. The English translation has a definite negative connotation here.
    The word 'novelty' has more than one meaning. Many English words do.

In relation to a 2020 watch, its use to convey the meaning of 'a new thing' or 'something new' is etymologically & contextually correct.
    ______

​Jim.

Craftsman
    Lovely - reminds me of this!

Great pic! Love the simple dial on the Submariner!