timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

Craftsman

Profit

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Or a friend!!

For sure and split the profit over a pint!

Master
    The t**ts cant wait to get their new watches onto eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174441199016

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    The t**ts cant wait to get their new watches onto eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174441199016
    Bud David, he clearly states it will take you 2 years to get an OP 36mm! How could you possibly wait that long?!

TBF - i do like it however :)

Master
    I really do hope that these new colourful OPs end up in windows. Would be great to see these brighten up the window displays rather than become a wait list item.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I really do hope that these new colourful OPs end up in windows. Would be great to see these brighten up the window displays rather than become a wait list item.
    Not a cat in hells chance!

Theres a 41mm OP bought yesterday on eBay today.

I enquired in a few places today and yesterday about the new coloured dialled OPs and everyone seemed to be expecting a good supply of them. It just seems like theyre trickling out at the moment.

Apprentice
    I think The 41 OP will be a big hit partly due to the new colours but also because it offers the exact same movement as professional models like the no date sub but for nearly two grand less. I'd go for the green dial if I was to be tempted.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis13 View Post
    I think The 41 OP will be a big hit partly due to the new colours but also because it offers the exact same movement as professional models like the no date sub but for nearly two grand less. I'd go for the green dial if I was to be tempted.
    I can't understand why the OP 41 seems to be suddenly popular when the Datejust 41 never seemed to be. For my money the Datejust 41 is a really good buy.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I can't understand why the OP 41 seems to be suddenly popular when the Datejust 41 never seemed to be. For my money the Datejust 41 is a really good buy.
    The Datejust is traditionally one of the biggest sellers......probably selling more than all the ‘professional’ range. Don’t confuse the taste on forums with what the bulk of customers actually buy. And I agree, the Datejust is a great buy. So are watches like the OP.
    But they’re not ‘fashionable’ with the forum crowd.
    To me, the single ‘best’ model is the humble Milgauss GV. Lovely watch .
    Last edited by paskinner; 18th September 2020 at 18:54.

Master
    I can't understand why the OP 41 seems to be suddenly popular when the Datejust 41 never seemed to be.
    I would guess its because people think they might have a slight chance of getting one (at list). I think thats optimistic as theyve already started appearing on eBay before most ADs even have stock.

Master
    The DJ41 is a better attempt at upsizing the DJ than the DJII, but Rolex have yet to create an upsized DJ that keeps the elegant proportions of the original. The DJ39 made a better job of upsizing, and was more subtle too. Perhaps with the new dials, movement, size and easilink, people are finally noticing - though just in time for them to discontinue the best sized version.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    The DJ41 is a better attempt at upsizing the DJ than the DJII, but Rolex have yet to create an upsized DJ that keeps the elegant proportions of the original. The DJ39 made a better job of upsizing, and was more subtle too. Perhaps with the new dials, movement, size and easilink, people are finally noticing - though just in time for them to discontinue the best sized version.
    FYI: DJ41 is 39.2mm.

Waiting for someone to measure an OP 41. That would be interesting, I think it may be 40mm +

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    FYI: DJ41 is 39.2mm.

Waiting for someone to measure an OP 41. That would be interesting, I think it may be 40mm +
    Yip. Still needs to go on a diet though. Its much, much better than the DJ2, but the proportions just arent right (really evident on the wide smooth bezel) for the style of watch.

Blog Entries
    Not sure I agree with you on the proportions. I think the DJ41 is more elegant than the DJ39. It has a thinner look to it in my opinion. But most of this is all subjective so neither of us is 'right' just different views.

My DJ41, now sold, but I will probably get another at some point. They look stunning even in two tone, although I know thats a marmite option.

Master
    It won't be popular. From my real life perspective, with the watches sitting in the window now with an "exhibition only" plaque, interest is waning already. People come in to look and try them on but it's more of a "oh those are kind of fun" reaction, but noone really wants a yellow, red or green dialled watch. Many others have tried these colours like Breitling, Omega and Tudor and yea... We don't see them trading at above list generally do we...

Master
    Not sure I agree with you on the proportions. I think the DJ41 is more elegant than the DJ39. It has a thinner look to it in my opinion. But most of this is all subjective so neither of us is 'right' just different views.

My DJ41, now sold, but I will probably get another at some point. They look stunning even in two tone, although I know thats a marmite option.
    That does work surprisingly well in two tone. Usually I prefer the plain bezel option and find the DJ41 has an awful lot of bezel in that configuration, like one of the professional watches restyled as a classic model. But you’re right, the OP39 moving to 41 does actually make the DJ41 (which as mentioned is really closer to 39) more attractive - perhaps that was part of their intention, the OP41 becomes more of a fashion watch and stops treading on the toes of the more elegant DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    It won't be popular. From my real life perspective, with the watches sitting in the window now with an "exhibition only" plaque, interest is waning already. People come in to look and try them on but it's more of a "oh those are kind of fun" reaction, but noone really wants a yellow, red or green dialled watch. Many others have tried these colours like Breitling, Omega and Tudor and yea... We don't see them trading at above list generally do we...
    Actually, green dialled watches can be great, just not that particular green. I mentioned earlier the GS SBGN007, that was a revelation for me, green can be such a rich and luxurious colour when done right. I realise there’s a historical link with the bright 70s Stella dials on the OPs, but they’re not necessarily the colours I’d choose - something darker and less flat would look much more sophisticated.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 19th September 2020 at 09:24.

Master
    That does work surprisingly well in two tone. Usually I prefer the plain bezel option and find the DJ41 has an awful lot of bezel in that configuration, like one of the professional watches restyled as a classic model. But youre right, the OP39 moving to 41 does actually make the DJ41 (which as mentioned is really closer to 39) more attractive - perhaps that was part of their intention, the OP41 becomes more of a fashion watch and stops treading on the toes of the more elegant DJ.

Actually, green dialled watches can be great, just not that particular green. I mentioned earlier the GS SBGN007, that was a revelation for me, green can be such a rich and luxurious colour when done right. I realise theres a historical link with the bright 70s Stella dials on the OPs, but theyre not necessarily the colours Id choose - something darker and less flat would look much more sophisticated.

Agree. If im honest these new offerings look horrible... Save for the silver dial with gold index, which is quite nice. But still way too much money for an entry level watch imho.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Agree. .......But still way too much money for an entry level watch imho.
    What exactly is an ‘entry level’ watch? With Rolex you get the full monty, latest movement, 10atm case, full guarantee, same quality of timekeeping. Compared with rivals, it’s a pretty good buy.
    You don’t have to be a fan to know Rolex don’t make inferior-grade watches.
    Last edited by paskinner; 19th September 2020 at 11:25.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    What exactly is an entry level watch? With Rolex you get the full monty, latest movement, 10atm case, full guarantee, same quality of timekeeping. Compared with rivals, its a pretty good buy.
    You dont have to be a fan to know Rolex dont make inferior-grade watches.

Craftsman
    I was very fortunate to get a call from my AD for the Kermit. So picked up one of the 3 they were allocated on the first shipment.

I was tentative based on the photos i have seen of it. But must admit i am liking it far more than my hulk. Will post a few side by sides later.

The bezel is exactly same colour as the hulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    I was very fortunate to get a call from my AD for the Kermit. So picked up one of the 3 they were allocated on the first shipment.

I was tentative based on the photos i have seen of it. But must admit i am liking it far more than my hulk. Will post a few side by sides later.

Forgot to say its the first Rolex where the crown logo is in the correct position, i suspect quality control has improved.

Craftsman
    Also while there i tried the OP41. Must say it is nice and as i have large wrists glad its larger.

Master
    Congrats, looks great :-)

Master
    one of the 3 they were allocated on the first shipment.
    Blimey! One AD gets 3 at one go? Makes you wonder what numbers of "sought after" models being supplied really are.

Whenever I've asked my AD about supplies (of various models) the reply is "we've had one or two". Presumably nonsense! I'm surprised an AD is so candid as to admit to actual numbers.
    Last edited by David_D; 19th September 2020 at 13:43.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Congrats, looks great :-)
    Thank you.

Craftsman

Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

Blimey! One AD gets 3 at one go? Makes you wonder what numbers of "sought after" models being supplied really are.

Whenever I've asked my AD about supplies (or various models) the reply is "we've had one or two". Presumably nonsense! I'm surprised an AD is so candid as to admit to actual numbers.
    Agree, but it is one of the large London based ADs which goes someway in understanding why they received more than they would usually.

The AD mentioned that on average there have been approximately 40 daily new registrations by customers for the kermit since launch at their branch alone. She didnt think they would not see such a high allocation on each shipment going forward.

Master
    ADs are going to be careful what they say as the demand massively outstrips the supply and has done for a few years now. Imagine them saying yeah weve had a dozen Daytonas but sorry fella youre not worthy.

I remember asking about a blue skydweller a year ago and the answer was Ive not seen one. As I walked out I said to my wife that it was Ive not seen one, not weve not had one. Its all about playing on words!

Blimey! One AD gets 3 at one go Whenever I've asked my AD about supplies (or various models) the reply is "we've had one or two". Presumably nonsense! I'm surprised an AD is so candid as to admit to actual numbers.
    Last edited by Devonian; 19th September 2020 at 13:46.

Craftsman
    ADs are going to be careful what they say as the demand massively outstrips the supple and has done for a few years now. Imagine them saying yeah weve had a dozen Daytonas but sorry fella youre not worthy.

I remember asking about a blue skydweller a year ago and the answer was Ive not seen one. As I walked out I said to my wife that it was Ive not seen one, not weve not had one. Its all about playing on words!
    Agree its the demand for these pieces way outstrips the supply. 40 registrations a day for the kermit or other ss models just seems crazy. Especially when only a handful are delivered to the store.

Looks really good. Nice to get the call so soon.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Looks really good. Nice to get the call so soon.
    Thanks bud.

Craftsman
    As promised a side by side of the hulk and kermit. I like them both equally.

In terms of size there isnt really much in it, case sizes dont really look that different when next to each other. The bracelet is fractionally larger on the kermit, but prefer the bracelet soze of the hulk. The hulk dial changes depending on light and in some of tge pictures looked identical.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis13 View Post
    Very disappointed that Rolex are making Swatch type colourful styles now. Horrendous actually. The dials are flat colours not the sunburst type.

Only the 34 mm ladies watch gets the lovely olive green sunburst dial. All the 41 mm mens watches get the Swatch treatment.

It will look good in a Turkish roadside flea market though.

Master
    AD’s are going to be careful what they say as the demand massively outstrips the supply and has done for a few years now. Imagine them saying ‘yeah we’ve had a dozen Daytona’s but sorry fella you’re not worthy’.
    Absolutely! That’s the message!

I was told I was first on the list for a new model 2/3 years ago. Salesperson quickly corrected themself to “note my expression of interest”. Heard b****r all since. It would be interesting to know how many of that watch they’ve actually had and who got them.

Craftsman

RRP

Also while there i tried the OP41. Must say it is nice and as i have large wrists glad its larger.

One of these has immediately turned up at Watch club and Yes they are asking over RRP. You can have this on the wrist for 6900!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    One of these has immediately turned up at Watch club and Yes they are asking over RRP. You can have this on the wrist for 6900!
    A green 36mm OP appeared on eBay last week (with a single image nicked from the Rolex website) with a reserve of 4,999. It reappeared a few days later at 4,450 (which I think is list). It’s now gone showing no bids. Strongly suspect that was someone listing a watch AD offered them. He’s not had any takers so has given AD back word.

36 will be less in demand than 41 but arguably surprising that someone desperate for the new model didn’t bid.
    Last edited by David_D; 19th September 2020 at 14:58.

Craftsman

Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Thats shocking! AD suggested these should be easily available after the initial spike in demand. His opinion was the coral red is very nice in the flesh.

Journeyman
    Beautiful watches congrats

Craftsman
    Absolutely! Thats the message!

I was told I was first on the list for a new model 2/3 years ago. Salesperson quickly corrected themself to note my expression of interest. Heard b****r all since. It would be interesting to know how many of that watch theyve actually had and who got them.
    I was told I was first in the AD to make an expression of interest for the Pepsi, probably within 30 minutes of them being announced.

Called in on a regular basis to see when I was getting it, I know from a contact inside the AD who told me off the record mine was the 3rd Pepsi delivered.

Make of that what you will.

Blog Entries

Cool

As promised a side by side of the hulk and kermit. I like them both equally.

In terms of size there isnt really much in it, case sizes dont really look that different when next to each other. The bracelet is fractionally larger on the kermit, but prefer the bracelet soze of the hulk. The hulk dial changes depending on light and in some of tge pictures looked identical.

very interesting to see them together. The green “hulk” opulent dial is a winner for me - USP as they say!

Master
    I saw the 36mm new op and the dial is a not a Matt colour , so looks pretty nice. They are not sure when the 41s are coming

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    very interesting to see them together. The green “hulk” opulent dial is a winner for me - USP as they say!

Very nice. Is that on a nato?

Master
    A green 36mm OP appeared on eBay last week (with a single image nicked from the Rolex website) with a reserve of 4,999. It reappeared a few days later at 4,450 (which I think is list). Its now gone showing no bids. Strongly suspect that was someone listing a watch AD offered them. Hes not had any takers so has given AD back word.

Did him an injustice:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-NEW...N/174443028159

Starting the bidding at 800 over list.

I suspect its luck rather than quality control.

Forgot to say its the first Rolex where the crown logo is in the correct position, i suspect quality control has improved.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I suspect its luck rather than quality control.
    Yep, I've only ever had two that lined up like that. Luck of the drawer. One of them could do with a service now and 5 says it doesn't come back like that.

Blog Entries

Mine is close but I reckon it's more luck than judgement tbh.

Now thats a nice piece! Now for the killer question - preference? Hulk/Kermit so far?

S

So picked up one of the 3 they were allocated on the first shipment. The bezel is exactly same colour as the hulk.
    Congratulations - enjoy. Thanks too for the comparison photos. I'd have preferred a darker green (to the Hulk I already own).

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Luck of the drawer.
    Luck of the draw even.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Luck of the draw even.
    Ha, got me there!

Craftsman

Submariner 124060

New incoming... checking in with the Submariner 124060. This thing is stunning!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Willows View Post
    New incoming... checking in with the Submariner 124060. This thing is stunning!

Now that is just perfect!