closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

Master
    The best thing about the hulk is the green sunburst dial love it or hate it, now just a black sub with a green bezel. Original Kermit was also unique in its own right, first maxi on sub (first maxi was yachtmaster), green bezel and anniversary. The new ceramic green is the worst of the three. The blue white gold is very meh, and even less demand vs. the smurf. A slightly slimmer case might appease some, but if you were in the camp of 5 digits over ceramics, is the ever so slight tapering going to move it for you? Overall, predictable safe colour choices for me, so disappointing, the new releases doesn’t make my heart beat any faster. Blue no date steel would have killed it. Green with rose or yellow gold also.

Clear to see where the design inspiration came from....

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Dont like that blue Sub at all. Kind of looks like a knock off in those real pics!, the blue is too vibrant

The new Hulk with black dial looks very nice in the real pics which suprised me (looked dull on the Rolex site)

The explorer being the only 39mm oyster will now be elevated into unobtainium

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The green is brighter than it looked in the pdf
    It looks the same shade as Hulk.
    Which is the biggest problem with Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Maybe/hopefully by the time people get their hands on it a MK2 bezel will be out which is a shade darker, similar to what happened with the Pepsi. The pdf pictures have it as a much darker green but maybe this is under harsh lighting to accentuate the colours?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

The Pagani is a better shade of blue.

Master
    41mm OP, why???

I don’t understand it.

What’s the lug to lug on the new Sub?

Lol.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy any of the latest releases.

Master

Rolex Website - New 2020 Watches

Does the Pagani AD even have a waitlist now or is it just an expression of interest list

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post

New Op 41 also
    OMG... I'm absolutely digging this. Very Chic in my view.

Apprentice
    Quite a few unworn 2020 Hulks now on Chrono 24 pushing the £20k mark?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacamack View Post
    Quite a few unworn 2020 Hulks now on Chrono 24 pushing the £20k mark?!!
    And they will still be there next year

Journeyman
    Are there any other discontinued models besides Hulk?
    I thought Milgauss would first in line to be discontinued.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    An AD told me they expect good availability as well, not heavily restricted supply
    On a scale of available in shop windows to a year's waiting list, where do you think the basic subs will lie Ryan?

Video on Monochrome-Watches of the new nodate:

Last edited by faken; 1st September 2020 at 11:46.

Master
    The new green bezel will be the one that goes for silly money though doesn’t do anything for me.

Both black faced subs are nice, the non date especially I think.

As for the rest nothing particularly good or bad, just okay. Usual over hyped Rolex PR bandwagon which probably went into more overdrive than ever because of lockdown. Still hats off to them as they do it every year.

6.5/10 is my score :-)

Master
    Fancy a green dial OP41

Do you think the normal Rolex bollocks will apply or am I going to be able to order and get one?

I think I’ll have to get the green bezel one finds permitting, but still a bit gutted it’s not hulk dial .

Quote Originally Posted by faken View Post
    On a scale of available in shop windows to a year's waiting list, where do you think the basic subs will lie Ryan?

Video on Monochrome-Watches of the new nodate:

Can you trust anyone who can't even pronounce the name of the watch correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Will be interesting to see what happens to prices if anything!

I wonder if the Explorer 1 will increase to 41mm eventually.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 1st September 2020 at 12:21.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Also found that amusing.

Never had to actually say the word but that's always how I think of it.

Master
    Hulk and original kermit values will no doubt increase. Surprised that they never supplied the old smurf with the dark sunburst blue that they introduced for the bi-metallic and YG subs. Would have been a great addition to the line up. Not much metal to play with with regards to polishing lugs on the new models, although not as thin as the Tudor models. Look after your Rolex, and your Rolex will look after you.

Probably down to photo quality but on Rolex’s website the green one looks much darker...if this is how it looks in real life, then big no-no for me.

Same for the blue.

Interesting the 70hrs power reserve but also there...nothing new...

The best thing about the hulk is the green sunburst dial love it or hate it, now just a black sub with a green bezel. Original Kermit was also unique in its own right, first maxi on sub (first maxi was yachtmaster), green bezel and anniversary. The new ceramic green is the worst of the three. The blue white gold is very meh, and even less demand vs. the smurf. A slightly slimmer case might appease some, but if you were in the camp of 5 digits over ceramics, is the ever so slight tapering going to move it for you? Overall, predictable safe colour choices for me, so disappointing, the new releases doesn’t make my heart beat any faster. Blue no date steel would have killed it. Green with rose or yellow gold also.
    I agree with everything you have said there. Particularly the last 2 sentences!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Agree...would be very surprised if it is the same bezel as the hulk, but certainly looks like it from the early pics assuming they are real!

Master
    And navy blue would have been so much better on the bezel of the new smurf.

Don't forget "chrono-meter". Shocked this guy got early access or even works in watches.

Happy 1st of September. Great day I was born.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    The Pagani is a better shade of blue.
    I think that too!

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Lol.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy any of the latest releases.
    I definitely prefer older Subs and those colourful OPs are just hideous.

Does the Pagani AD even have a waitlist now or is it just an expression of interest list
    EOI only I'm afraid. I was lucky enough to bag a Batman GMT, Sub Date and White Ceramic Daytona because I have a special relationship with the AD. All three will be ready this week.

Unlike a Rolex AD, I didn't even have to let him go bare-back without lube.

Got some info from a Thai AD. No idea if this applies to the UK but apparently the ND Sub will be relatively easy to get. Kermit likely to be unobtanium again. Sub Date somewhere in between.

The green bezel looks the same to the Hulks. It’s the sunburst dial on the hulk that makes it stand out and catches my eye, the flat green bezel doesn’t even come close.

Master
    This year: Oyster Perpetual 41 replaces 39
    Next year: Oyster Perpetual 38 replaces 36?

Highly unlikely I know... But the discontinued Oyster Perpetual 39 in white is about to become the new polar Explorer style fan favourite.

Master
    Got long email from my AD, first part makes sense now.

The Rolex collection for 2020 launched on the 1st September has yet again been incredibly well received.

With this launch has been announced the news that the Submariner family of timepieces has been retired and replaced with a new version, slightly larger and with differing colour variations.

We recommend viewing the new collection on www.Rolex.com

What's going on, Rolex ripping off Orient 😂😂

Master
    So that's a dead cert profit then !
    Well do give me credit when you trouser a large gain!!

Blog Entries

or

Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    The green bezel looks the same to the Hulks. It’s the sunburst dial on the hulk that makes it stand out and catches my eye, the flat green bezel doesn’t even come close.

+1
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 1st September 2020 at 12:49.

*removed images

For a minute there I thought that was your AD's window display this morning!!

Of the new colours, the turquoise OP is the winner for me. With the easy-link and the new 70h movement, that's got to be the best value in the catalogue now. Double batons are a bit marmite though.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Plus the only 369 dial (the OP 36 model was discontinued) and a good chance at a rework in 2021 for the anniversary. I agree the Explorer may become more sought after.

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    Fancy a green dial OP41

Do you think the normal Rolex bollocks will apply or am I going to be able to order and get one?
    I think you'll be OK for that one. Maybe a bit of a song and dance for the first few months with the initial rush, but OK after that I would bet.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Will be interesting to see what happens to prices if anything!

I wonder if the Explorer 1 will increase to 41mm eventually.
    Shame if they do IMO, but wouldn't surprise me.

I’m actually more excited about the yellow dial op than the sub LV, I’ve requested both though as well as an OP each for my wife and mother in law.

Craftsman
    I need to see these watches to really decide whether I like them. It really irritates me that there’s all this hype and then you can’t see the goods in store. I’ve been told Rolex SJS will have them for viewing when it finally re-opens. I’m generally not in favour of these size increases but as we all know, the stats (especially diameter) mean little. The Explorer wears pretty large at 39mm and the super case subs wore like 42mm watches. Conversely the 42mm Speedmaster wears very well (more like a 40mm). I’m assuming the new Sub case won’t wear like a Black Bay because they wear huge for 41 mm. My best frame of reference is the DJ 41 which is sized really well. It’s also a bit annoying that they have increased the lug width. I am picking up a 114060 from an AD tomorrow. I had one many moons ago and sold it. Now in all the hullabaloo about the new one, I focused my efforts on seeing if ADs would let me have the outgoing model. When you break it down, the new “no-date” is a decent improvement in the case shape but it’s not that different really. As for all these multicoloured OPs .....not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I also echo the question of the GMT Master. Will it get the new case dimensions in the next couple of years...if so - those ceramic Pepsis will fare well as collectors items.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think the super case will become a not so bad look now over time, it’s a bit like like every time a new 911 comes out it looks huge then the next one makes the older model look a little bit better proportioned.

Having used a 21mm bracelet on on other watches it’s a serious increase in beef, and the new watch will wear a lot larger.

I agree on the OPs they look made for new money and apart from the black and blue they look awful. Plus 41mm!!! I tried on a 39 last year and that seemed borderline large. What were they thinking on a three hand watch with a flat crystal and slim bezel!?!?!?!

I think I'm still pretty happy with my 110460
    Most onlookers will be looking at us wondering what we must be smoking as the aesthetic differences are really pretty small. The new movement is a nice upgrade.
    The OP36 turquoise with easylink would be my best value choice of the new bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    I’m hoping for a new movement in the Sub. I’d love to get one (in black, I’m not that keen on the Hulk) but I’m hesitant because it has the same movement as my SDc.

If they announce a new movement I’ll look forward to being disappointed by my AD when they tell me I’ll have to wait for ages or buy some jewellery to get on ‘the list’.

I was most looking forward to a new movement, so I’m happy. Now I’ve had a good look at the new case dimensions I think they are an improvement over the old dimensions.

I’ll pop along to my AD next week and get an idea of how long I need to wait, or what hoops they expect me to jump through, to get a black Sub Date.

Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    I do prefer the slimmer lugs of the new version. It's closer to the proportions of the classic subs.

Craftsman
    Left a little disappointed and OP change is an odd one - I suppose it brings it in line with the Tudor 41.

I was holding off an a Blue BB58 to see what the Rolex releases were but I shouldn't have bothered! :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    I do prefer the slimmer lugs of the new version. It's closer to the proportions of the classic subs.
    Arguably the larger case size is just a way of achieving the same amount of overall bulk but in a more elegant way, side by side it doesn’t feel there’s much in it. Attempting to make the watches look bigger by increasing the size of the lugs instead of increasing the case size was never satisfactory. While I’m not a fan of watch size inflation, it’s good to see them at least doing it the right way. Less so with pushing the Oyster Perpetual to 41, I suppose there must be someone out there who thought the 39 was too small but it‘s now a very big jump from the 36. Perhaps they didn’t want to offer a cheaper alternative to the Explorer, they’ll sell more of those now, though they’ll have to actually make some and get them into the shops for a change first.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I think this dial and handset combination in the silver version of the new OP41 looks superb. A nice vintage flavour to it. I am sold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Don't forget "chrono-meter". Shocked this guy got early access or even works in watches.
    Or the gridlock clasp!

IMHO if someone paid £4,750 for an OP41 instead of the far more refined Grand Seiko SD/Hi Beat at the same price then they need their head tested but different strokes for different folks. The GS will have the colour variety but with far better finished dials, indices, handsets, cases and bracelets. Apart from that they are similar ;)

I agree Ryan but it's all about the brand for the majority of people. I have a few mates that own a fair few Rolex, Breitling, Omega and Panerai and they don't know a thing about them as horological pieces, just that they're the brands to be seen with and they look nice.

I've talked to them a few times about Grand Seiko and they just dismiss it out-of-hand. Spending thousands on a Seiko is never going to be a consideration for 'normal' people.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    IMHO if someone paid £4,750 for an OP41 instead of the far more refined Grand Seiko SD/Hi Beat at the same price then they need their head tested but different strokes for different folks. The GS will have the colour variety but with far better finished dials, indices, handsets, cases and bracelets. Apart from that they are similar ;)