closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pilots’ watches

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Agree. I like the balance between being true to the vintage model but still passing as a modern day classic.

I've had a few pilot watches overy the years...here are some of them...

Christian: Looks like you had an older version of the archimede I’ve been looking at: might have been a while ago but do you remember how it was??

I hadn’t heard of Dekla; thanks to others for highlighting it!

Equally, had dismissed the avigation big eye and the IWC Mk XVIII as too big but I’ve got a few hours to kill in London on Monday afternoon. I can feel myself heading off to try these on! Thanks for the tips

To be fair I’m quite enjoying the thread running away on its own. Great to see so many watches from a similar stable, keep them coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought that back in the early 2000's when Archimede were quite new. It was a great watch. If I remember correctly, it did wear quite large (42mm with a large face) but being flat it wasnt uncomfortable. I sold because I preferred the next gen model that had slightly thicker hands and I went for an onion crown. Unfortunately didnt get a picture of the second one.
    Last edited by Christian; 23rd August 2020 at 00:21.

I will second the recommendation for the A-13A, some of the best watch money I have ever spent.
    Great watch

You would have to find your own clocks though
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I will second the recommendation for the A-13A, some of the best watch money I have ever spent.
    Great watch

Dave
    They're great watches! I've got one for sale at the moment, or would have, if I weren't stuck in Doha!

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Dave
    There’s one of those clocks on eBay right now!

Sorry to drag this one up again..

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great suggestions; I finally made my mind up and picked up this little beast over the weekend.

Particular thanks to [mention]magirus [/mention] for planting the seed!

Now to find the perfect strap...

Grand Master
    my sterile hand wind pilot:

this could also pass as a pilot

and this:
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Oris?

Craftsman

My pilot watch in the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great suggestions; I finally made my mind up and picked up this little beast over the weekend.

Great choice, but I would say that! ;-) I've had my Damaskos since 2006 (DA37) and 2008 (DC56) and they'e always been on mainly leather and sometimes Natos. However I now wear them only on canvas, specifically Haveston (although I've found an ebay seller at £10 that I might try). I think the thickness and weight of the straps suit the Damaskos perfectly, they always felt a little top heavy on standard thickness Natos. The nylon Service series straps from Haveston are also excellent, nice if you want to add a little contrasting colour with their stripes. The problem with Haveston is they all look good, so they can become addictive. I have 4 in 20mm at the moment . . .

F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Lovely watch - enjoy!

I was giving Damasko a serious look when I was eyeing up a pilot’s watch and/or chrono. I’m a real fan of the monochrome starkness of the Damasko (and Sinn for that matter).

In the end I was swayed by an IWC Le Petit Prince pilot chrono when I saw one in the flesh; maybe if I’d been able to handle a Damasko or Sinn first, I’d have one of those instead!

There are definitely many, many choices as this thread shows!

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post

Master
    I've always liked those Omega Dynamics - I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing one back when nobody wanted them and they were (relatively) cheap! I'll have to make do with what I am calling my modded "Poor mans Omega Dynamic"

Last edited by Neil.Ldn; 11th September 2020 at 07:57.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This is the second "nice" watch that I ever acquired. I've bought it new in 2005. Mark 1 IWC Big Pilot ref 5002-01.

For the next 10 years I only had this and a 16613 TT Rolex Submariner. Then somehow, in the last 5 years, I've got up to just under 50 watches :-/

My big old Panzera 47 has stripped its crown thread, couple of months left on the warranty.

Panzera are going to dhl it back to Sydney and send me a brand new one. Can’t argue with that.

I do like a nice pilot.

Here's my 7750: