closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, VAR further undermines the integrity of the game with the Bamford disallowed goal. I'm genuinely speechless.

Arsenal really are the gift that keeps on giving. UTV!
    "A man of little significance"

Blog Entries
    Nothing on this thread since the 8th Nov despite their being some interesting developments especially in the EPL have we all just lost interest given possibly other bigger concerns?
    Anyway my twopeneth as a CFC supporter so far so good and in truth better than expected especially in the GK dept.
    Also giving the “ box office” nonsense the big E
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Bog win for Liverpool against Leicester last night. I thought they would really go at us but we absolutely dominated them in every area even with the deselected squad.

Jota has been immense and added even more pace and attacking instinct to our team. We have 3 esker games coming up so we could potentially get everyone back apart from Virgil and still be at the top.

Chelsea have looked decentish and Werner looks a good buy for them.

Spurs are playing compact and looking hard to beat but can’t see them keeping it up over the season.

City look poor but expect them to put a run together and be there at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Nothing on this thread since the 8th Nov despite their being some interesting developments especially in the EPL have we all just lost interest given possibly other bigger concerns?
    Anyway my twopeneth as a CFC supporter so far so good and in truth better than expected especially in the GK dept.

Frank certainly seems to be doing a good job.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    You’ll win the league this year…. You are who I’d place my money on

Lots of potential - good to see Ben C slotting in nicely too

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Bog win for Liverpool against Leicester last night. I thought they would really go at us but we absolutely dominated them in every area even with the deselected squad.
    You aren’t the only team with injuries! Leicester had plenty too, but, the media seem to gloss over that point - 3 or our first choice backline are missing for instance

You were good but we were woeful - totally spineless - I understand that we’ll lose occasionally- especially against top opposition- but, I haven’t been so frustrated in a performance for a long while - we didn’t do anything positive

As an Arsenal fan I've not commented simply because writing 'meh' over and over again about the state of our team probably isn't interesting.

Yesterday we skilfully pressurised Leeds into hitting the woodwork 3 times, thus depriving them of the victory their performance warranted. The only positive was when Pepe was sent off so bad was his performance when he was on the pitch that it was like going from 9 men to 10.

Well West Ham are going well. 8th!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Ive been a bit miffed with the media with football they all have an agenda and number 1 is to sell papers/stories - a few week back Arteta was the messiah, Everton under Ancelotti were going to do great things, Liverpool missed a trick not buying a centre back and Ole should be sacked, an international break later and now Spurs are gonna walk the league, Klopp has elevated to an even higher plane, Jose has Peps number and Ole should be sacked!!!

It drives me nuts if I'm honest and I hear so many arm chair football fans regurgitating what they've heard on talk sport or the likes its no wonder managers are under such great pressure with the media circling all the time.

one bad result and the vultures come swooping - I heard the media say after the spurs 1-0 win v burnley a few weeks back suggest that's how you win titles, they go and beat city 2-0 but anyone who watched the game will tell you city were the better side but didn't take the chances (Perfect Jose performance) not saying its not true but c'mon this is spurs were talking about !!! no way they are gonna compete on all fronts though in Kane and son they do have a chance.....

Utd scrape a 1-0 v w brom but should of won by more yet media focus on penalties once again, Arsenal struggle away to Leeds with 10 men (who are a good side esp at home) its no surprise, new managers building teams takes time and you will get inconsistencies and if your not on it you get beat - same goes for Leicester yesterday I totally agree with comments below I thought they were awful on the night but once again t shows how everyone can beat everyone in this league if you are not at it.

As for who has a chance anyone from Liverpool, city, Chelsea and spurs for me but I can't see past the scousers with Chelsea 2nd (Frank is quietly going about his business and the press don't hassle him no where near as much as Ole for example) injuries and the amount of competitions will of course have a massive impact

also Sheffield utd 2nd season syndrome ??

Also to note regards the media -

They were reporting Greenwood had gone off the rails late for training, bad attitude etc..... which was totally unfounded his pal committed suicide and he was given compassionate leave the kid is 18/19 and we expect him to play and score week in week out its shocking journalism and just wrong on every count let alone the pressure these kids are under playing at a top club its no surprise that once they get to the national team we invariably struggle.

For all of that I have to say I'm glad the international break is over it bores me senseless unless its a tournament scenario
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 23rd November 2020 at 18:02.

Up to 4k fans to be allowed to attend football matches (and other outdoor sport) after lockdown

Blog Entries
    Post 410 can only agree( not going to copy it in full)
    The job of the football press is to invent, embroider and speculate got to the point where i just ignore both it and the “ pundits” prematch , post match and half time just turn the sound off and as to MOTD have not bothered with “ jug ears and his crew in years.

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Ive been a bit miffed with the media with football they all have an agenda and number 1 is to sell papers/stories - a few week back Arteta was the messiah, Everton under Ancelotti were going to do great things, Liverpool missed a trick not buying a centre back and Ole should be sacked, an international break later and now Spurs are gonna walk the league, Klopp has elevated to an even higher plane, Jose has Peps number and Ole should be sacked!!!

It drives me nuts if I'm honest and I hear so many arm chair football fans regurgitating what they've heard on talk sport or the likes its no wonder managers are under such great pressure with the media circling all the time.

one bad result and the vultures come swooping - I heard the media say after the spurs 1-0 win v burnley a few weeks back suggest that's how you win titles, they go and beat city 2-0 but anyone who watched the game will tell you city were the better side but didn't take the chances (Perfect Jose performance) not saying its not true but c'mon this is spurs were talking about !!! no way they are gonna compete on all fronts though in Kane and son they do have a chance.....

Utd scrape a 1-0 v w brom but should of won by more yet media focus on penalties once again, Arsenal struggle away to Leeds with 10 men (who are a good side esp at home) its no surprise, new managers building teams takes time and you will get inconsistencies and if your not on it you get beat - same goes for Leicester yesterday I totally agree with comments below I thought they were awful on the night but once again t shows how everyone can beat everyone in this league if you are not at it.

As for who has a chance anyone from Liverpool, city, Chelsea and spurs for me but I can't see past the scousers with Chelsea 2nd (Frank is quietly going about his business and the press don't hassle him no where near as much as Ole for example) injuries and the amount of competitions will of course have a massive impact

also Sheffield utd 2nd season syndrome ??

Also to note regards the media -

They were reporting Greenwood had gone off the rails late for training, bad attitude etc..... which was totally unfounded his pal committed suicide and he was given compassionate leave the kid is 18/19 and we expect him to play and score week in week out its shocking journalism and just wrong on every count let alone the pressure these kids are under playing at a top club its no surprise that once they get to the national team we invariably struggle.

Fir all of that I have to say I'm glad the into break is over it bores me senseless unless its a tournament scenario
    I'm hoping that I have cause to quote you come the end of the season

Blog Entries

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'm hoping that I have cause to quote you come the end of the season
    Ha ha - Im assuming you are a spurs fan?

If you quote me then ill quote you every time a spurs fan has told me its there year as it ends in 1 - enjoy the ride but all my spurs fans are getting suer excited yet again

As a Newcastle fan I simply don't have anything to add input to this discussion
    I get more and more dejected every week.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Southampton really need to be putting these mid-table teams away

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    As i’m sure you’ll find out on the 16th December!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    As i’m sure you’ll find out on the 16th December!
    More likely to be a relegation battle on tonight's evidence

Master
    Ryan - have to say I’m delighted at our come back and couldn’t help but rub it in a little after your result

Arteta is another who was getting the master tactician tag after a few good results but now under some pressure, if he didn’t pick up the cones for pep previously he’d be under much more

Wolves were impressive I like Nuno and what he’s doing there

Ryan - have to say I’m delighted at our come back and couldn’t help but rub it in a little after your result

Arteta is another who was getting the master tactician tag after a few good results but now under some pressure, if he didn’t pick up the cones for pep previously he’d be under much more

Wolves were impressive I like Nuno and what he’s doing there

Yep, Cavani played a blinder when he came on.

As for the Arse, we don't look like scoring. Wolves deserved the win tonight. We should have enough quality to stay up though!

Master
    Yep, Cavani played a blinder when he came on.

As for the Arse, we don't look like scoring. Wolves deserved the win tonight. We should have enough quality to stay up though!
    Yeah lack of fire Power evident - auba been non existent seance getting the bumper contract

Blog Entries
    Asa CFC supporter we gave the Spuds to much respect and i will offer two Abrahams for one Cavani

Surely that's it for Arteta now?

Arsenal desperate for some creativity in midfield. If only we had someone with guile and the ability to pick holes in defences. Maybe even someone who'd won the World Cup. it's a conundrum.....
    Last edited by ryanb741; 13th December 2020 at 22:01.

Blog Entries

Arsenal desperate for some creativity in midfield. If only we had someone with guile and the ability to pick holes in defences. Maybe even someone who'd won the World Cup. it's a conundrum.....
    At least Aubameyang scored

Baaaaaad result for Leeds.

I wonder where we can find one of them... they must cost as least 350k a week!

In addition we could do with some energy in midfield perhaps a young player who has a bit of an engine to up the tempo in the last 20.

The issue runs deeper than the manager ( who I think is out of his depth) Edu should be on the same thin ice as him.

This is the bed we made starting with the appointment of Gazids carrying on with Raul etc and now Vinai and Edu

And that’s before we mention the owner who’s in my view used Arsenal to underpin the cash flows of the group to find the expansion of the Rams.

It will be a few years before all this is fixed.

Master

2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Have to admire the way Leeds play - they are great to watch and that could have been 15 - 12 today, we were clinical but I have to say I do like watching Leeds eve though that goes against everything a Utd fan should say

I’d love to see the media who called for ole to be sacked a few weeks ago put the same pressure on some of the under performers

In other news

Master
    Blog Entries
    Arsenal really are in trouble, from top to bottom

Master
    It’s Liverpool league to lose. They have the strongest team by a fair distance.

Even with the massive injury list they have experienced they are still top.

United really are a strange one, they are a poor side but will be 2nd if they win their games in hand it’s madness.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Crazy Ivan....... far too early for that talk.

Blog Entries
    I’m happy 😊

We are playing fantastic football and lovin the yo-yo. Hit the Premiership see some big money clubs and pay days, relegation parachute payments, back to the EFL win win win....... repeat.

Just love this great little club

Pitch

Blog Entries
    74 mins and it’s 1-4 to Man City i am almost starting to feel sorry for the Gunners as a CFC supporter i did say almost and they will probably get their mojo back against us.

There are some horrible people around. Last night I heard a horrible wailing sound and I opened the door to see 4 blokes in Arsenal shirts playing football with a cat. I was about to call the RSPCA but the cat went 1-0 up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Wash your mouth out .
    City were invented in 2008 and will return to the doldrums once the Arabs get bored .
    Exactly. And the same can be said of any of the 'sugar daddy' clubs, from Chelsea all the way down to Salford City. I have always held that there are only three genuinely 'big clubs' in the PL and a further two in the Scottish PL.

Master
    Now that Solskjaer seems to have the backing of the MUFC management until at least the end of the season it is obvious that Poccetino will have to take another job if he doesn't want to get too stale. I felt sure that he would go to Arsenal when Arteta gets the sack (can't be long, surely?) but I hear today that Tuschel has had the bullet from PSG so I guess Poccetino will end up in Paris. And the roundabout goes round and round.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryboy View Post
    Exactly. And the same can be said of any of the 'sugar daddy' clubs, from Chelsea all the way down to Salford City. I have always held that there are only three genuinely 'big clubs' in the PL and a further two in the Scottish PL.
    I'm a little puzzled at this, the numbers don't add up for me. Amongst the big clubs in England, there's Manchester United, obviously, and then a long way second I imagine you have Liverpool in mind. But which out of Newcastle or Sunderland is the third?

Now that Solskjaer seems to have the backing of the MUFC management until at least the end of the season it is obvious that Poccetino will have to take another job if he doesn't want to get too stale. I felt sure that he would go to Arsenal when Arteta gets the sack (can't be long, surely?) but I hear today that Tuschel has had the bullet from PSG so I guess Poccetino will end up in Paris. And the roundabout goes round and round.....
    There’s no way that Poch would go to Arsenal.

Master
    Poch is off to PSG great move for him

Could you perhaps put meat on the bones of that statement ?
    Last edited by thegoat; 26th December 2020 at 07:05.

Speaking with a bit of bias here being a Newcastle fan but in terms of fan base a size of the club's then it's definitely Newcastle but we're both absolutely $h1te right now so it's a mute point tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    I'm a little puzzled at this, the numbers don't add up for me. Amongst the big clubs in England, there's Manchester United, obviously, and then a long way second I imagine you have Liverpool in mind. But which out of Newcastle or Sunderland is the third?

Master
    Blog Entries
    There are some horrible people around. Last night I heard a horrible wailing sound and I opened the door to see 4 blokes in Arsenal shirts playing football with a cat. I was about to call the RSPCA but the cat went 1-0 up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Lol good joke maybe Chelski needed a few cats playing today

Blog Entries
    74 mins and it’s 1-4 to Man City i am almost starting to feel sorry for the Gunners as a CFC supporter i did say almost and they will probably get their mojo back against us.
    Many a true word

Master
    Another weekend of surprise results, surely no one fancied West Brom or Fulham or even arsenal if were honest.

Certainly makes it interesting - as mad as it is when your on £100k or more a week but surely fatigue and the volume of games and lack of recovery time has something to do with it

Another weekend of surprise results, surely no one fancied West Brom or Fulham or even arsenal if were honest.

Certainly makes it interesting - as mad as it is when your on £100k or more a week but surely fatigue and the volume of games and lack of recovery time has something to do with it
    Serious question .
    Why does your earnings dictate your fatigue ?
    Not a pop at your post , but it’s regurgitated over and over that Player X earns Y000s per week so he’s immune from any criticism.
    It’s a lazy narrative that seems to infest football particularly .
    Sorry, not immune to , but subject to !

Grand Master
    Leeds won ugly tonight with no proper central defenders playing, win against West Brom and I think we are well on the way to safety!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I'd be happy if Newcastle won any game but alas we're seriously crap. Leeds on the other hand at least play decent football most of the time.
    I pretty much fear religion and tbh actually hope we are related but then Ashley will just chuck some money in to hopefully for him get us back to the Premier league then repeat as has been done twice already.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    Leeds won ugly tonight with no proper central defenders playing, win against West Brom and I think we are well on the way to safety!

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    As a Newcastle fan I simply don't have anything to add input to this discussion
    I get more and more dejected every week.
    My daughter lives & is about to have a baby with one of your first team (international) players. Given that I also spent a very happy 7-8 months up there last year I guess Newcastle is my second team!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 28th December 2020 at 13:49.

Master
    I'm going to give a shout out to Mark Robbins for doing a great job with my team, Coventry. The last few matches have not been pretty as he's compromised some of the attacking flare for shoring it up at the back, but 1 loss in the last 10 is a pretty solid achievement when your whole squad costs £3m in a division where most sides have a player on the bench that cost more than that!

Also despite the dreadful owners and not having our own ground.....

Congratulations on the baby

I seriously can't think that any player from Newcastle United can be happy with what Steve Bruce has them playing like. It's atrocious. I know benitez was defensive but this is ridiculous.
    His mentality is something like let the other team keep the ball and maybe we'll counter attack one or two time's and see what happens.

Obviously I wouldn't want you to name the player but it would be interesting on his opinion of what's going on in that team's mind right now. I highly doubt it's all Rose's and harmony.
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    My daughter lives & is about to have a baby with one of your first team (international) players. Given that I also spent a very happy 7-8 months up there last year I guess Newcastle is my second team!