closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

I had a quick look at the Premier League table last night and thought I was looking an old Div 1 table from the 80s. Good to see Villa and Everton back up there.

The Arsenal match was a little disappointing, we missed some big chances which you can not do against City. Worst part was we showed no urgency at all towards the end just kept playing around at the back.

Now I like Arteta but playing PEA on the left is starting to get a little annoying, when I saw the team sheet I was happy and thought finally he would be up top but then William played there all match! I mean that just makes no sense at all, William is a great player but not playing up front.

Looks like Aubameyang has 'done a Walcott'. When he was at Arsenal Theo Walcott would play amazingly well and score loads of goals right before a contract extension was agreed. As soon as pen had been put to paper on a lucrative deal he went back to being garbage. Hopefully Aubameyang avoids this route!

Arsenal biggest issue is that we have no legitimate ball carriers in the middle every one of our midfield players are stop the ball, pass the ball type players. Stands to reason why we tried so hard for Auour as well as Partey.

The difference in teams was with B. Silva They had a player that can quicken the pace with a dribble allowing the front 3 to run off the ball.

With Arsenal it’s all too once paced right now in the middle until we integrate a player who can carry the ball 20/30 yards and force the issue we will run the risk of being a bit dull if the front 3 don’t click with the wingbacks.

The reassuring thing is for once this summer it looked like we’re addressing the issues with a sense of priority ( centre back, midfield 1, minefield 2 ) rather than scatter gun approach that led to signings like Cedric and Pepe.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Joel Matip in hospital for a scan now too.

They will need to buy someone in the Jan transfer window. Even without VVD the Liverpool defence was looking iffy, not helped by the incompetence of Adrian. A couple of seasons ago Gomez was playing arguably better than VVD in central defence - then he picked up an injury and hasn't been the same since. I think Alisson is just as important as VVD, bearing in mind how bad our back up goalkeepers are. If everyone plays to their potential we still have a chance of the title but realistically it's doubtful given the injuries, the inconsistent form and the fact that a few other teams are really playing out of their skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Joel Matip in hospital for a scan now too.

Blog Entries
    As to the “ box office” rip off this makes me both smile and feel good about my fellows

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54597058
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    As a lifelong Celtic supporter I have to say that I often thought Jason Denayer looked every bit as good as VVD during the one season those two played together for us. We took Denayer on loan from our feeder club, Manchester City, and he soon formed a brilliant partnership with VVD. I think he ended up in Turkey for a while and now turns out for Lyon. I wish we could have got him on a permanent deal. We definitely need someone of his quality in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    This aged well!!!
    LOL!

Great goal from Lanzini, pathetic effort from Bale.

What a recovery from 3-0 down!

Was watching it with my Spurs supporting eldest. He looked a bit irate at the end.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

And now the European Super League gets an airing .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    And now the European Super League gets an airing .
    Just wondering what joins both LFC & MU possibly American ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Just wondering what joins both LFC & MU possibly American ownership?
    Yes, the Yanks are determined to drive this all the way.
    They’ll paint it as being the only way to save domestic football when in reality they are just after more power and money.
    It’s a pipe dream but I’d love to see the PL show some backbone and expel them immediately, and that includes City if they are in league with them .

2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Could be interesting, Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria up against de Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Shaw, Tuanzebe.

Ps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 20th October 2020 at 21:52.

Lots of noise coming out from Arsenal that there is a toxic bullying culture there led by Arteta and facilitated by Edu. All anecdotal of course but quite a few players have intimated it. The treatment of Ozil has IMHO been shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Yes, the Yanks are determined to drive this all the way.
    They’ll paint it as being the only way to save domestic football when in reality they are just after more power and money.
    It’s a pipe dream but I’d love to see the PL show some backbone and expel them immediately, and that includes City if they are in league with them .
    What do supporters of these clubs want? If any clubs think of leaving the PL would it be reasonable to also eject them from the FA and Milk Cups?
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    At the biggest clubs, what the supporters want is not really something that the owners consider; TV and sponsorship money are greater concerns because they easily top matchday revenue. I'd love to see mandated fan ownership in England, even in part.

Lots of noise coming out from Arsenal that there is a toxic bullying culture there led by Arteta and facilitated by Edu. All anecdotal of course but quite a few players have intimated it. The treatment of Ozil has IMHO been shocking.
    i can understand if Özil just didn’t fit in with what Arteta wanted out of a player.... many players have suffered that fate at the hands of other managers. Özil was playing under Arteta though prior to lockdown but hasn’t featured since, it certainly suggests something else.
    Ozil is a terrific player but is regularly criticised for his work ethic in games. But look at Pep and Agüero.... Pep didn’t make it any secret that Agüero had to work harder for the team and the results have been clear to see. You would think Arteta would at least try to get similar results from Özil rather than just exclude him from the registered squad.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    i can understand if Özil just didn’t fit in with what Arteta wanted out of a player.... many players have suffered that fate at the hands of other managers. Özil was playing under Arteta though prior to lockdown but hasn’t featured since, it certainly suggests something else.
    Ozil is a terrific player but is regularly criticised for his work ethic in games. But look at Pep and Agüero.... Pep didn’t make it any secret that Agüero had to work harder for the team and the results have been clear to see. You would think Arteta would at least try to get similar results from Özil rather than just exclude him from the registered squad.
    Word on the street is that it is Arsenal's commercial interests in China behind this. Arsenal were dropped by the Chinese Broadcaster after Ozil made comments supporting the Uighur Muslims, with Arsenal quickly distancing themselves from these comments. Now with no fans in stadia and TV money ever more acutely important it may well be that they decided to cut Owil completely loose so as not to have him as a liability impacting upon their Chinese revenue stream. Anecdotal of course but Ozil himself has intimated he believes this is a reason.

If you get a chance have a look at Kemar Roofe's goal for Rangers tonight. Outrageous!

If you get a chance have a look at Kemar Roofe's goal for Rangers tonight. Outrageous!
    Great goal

Was a good strike!

Arsenal looked very poor, players like Pepe need to start showing a lot more. You can see he has the talent just looks like his work rate is poor, he just needs to take people on and use his skills but he always takes the easy pass.

Banned
    watching that spurs game made me genuinely ill, apparently
    it’s the first time in premier league history that a team was leading 3-0
    with 10 minutes to go at home and didn’t win, and it had to be west ham
    just for good measure🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Woodguy View Post
    just for good measure

It's funny - as an Arsenal fan I assumed that Arsenal were relatively unique in disliking Tottenham but whenever I talk to my West ham mates the seething rage they have for Spurs (and Liverpool) is palpable and I reckon more than the dislike Arsenal fans have for Spurs!

Blog Entries
    It's funny - as an Arsenal fan I assumed that Arsenal were relatively unique in disliking Tottenham but whenever I talk to my West ham mates the seething rage they have for Spurs (and Liverpool) is palpable and I reckon more than the dislike Arsenal fans have for Spurs!
    The guy i sold my last house to is a West Ham season ticket holder and his dislike for Spurs is in a different league to any other club inc mine CFC as my Wife , Son and most mates are Spuds i take great delight in forwarding the WhatsApp messages i get.

It's absolutely true. I tolerate Chelsea, can't feel much towards Arsenal but loath Spurs (and Liverpool).
    If you speak to the older guys then they'll reserve a special hatred towards Millwall but if you weren't 'active' in the 70's and 80's then it's tough to get too exercised over a team you never end up playing.

Banned
    i can assure you that west ham fans hate spurs far more than the gooners do, i don’t actually get that as they are east london vs us who are north london. but i guess we must be doing something right for them to dislike us to that degree .

looking forward to Villa vLeeds game.
    Hope our run continues ,we look a solid unit.
    Bit of a niggle game between the two clubs last few seasons.
    UTV.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacroix4 View Post
    UTV.
    i am very impressed by villa this year, good on them for playing great football and results have been well deserved

i can assure you that west ham fans hate spurs far more than the gooners do, i don’t actually get that as they are east london vs us who are north london. but i guess we must be doing something right for them to dislike us to that degree .
    I never knew you were a Northlondoner.

Not sure what it is about Spurs, but they appear to be the "most hated" rivals of Arsenal, West Ham and Chelsea... perhaps its a badge of honour

COYS!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Not sure what it is about Spurs, but they appear to be the "most hated" rivals of Arsenal, West Ham and Chelsea... perhaps its a badge of honour

COYS!
    i don’t get it though, if you ask a chelsea fan an arsenal and a west ham fan who they hate most they will all say spurs!
    i think your right though it’s a badge of honour.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lacroix4 View Post
    UTV.
    Oh dear.

Blog Entries
    Did not watch the Leeds - Villa game no way am i giving yet more money to Sky or BT: but on watching the highlights great hat trick by Bamford now let’s move onto Sat night and i did watch Man U - CFC and what a boring game and i say that as a CFC supporter of some 60 yrs and of the back of this onto our old friend VAR and the Ref who can look at the Rashford nothing not a pen incident and completely ignore the “ Haystacks” Harry Maguire v Aspi one which was a clear pen not only IMO but just about everyone’s post match oh and what is the point of a pitch side monitor if Refs do not use it?

just for good measure
    I could barely speak afterwards. That's now 4 points down the pan that were ours in everything but reality, and it's bound to count come the end of the season!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I could barely speak afterwards. That's now 4 points down the pan that were ours in everything but reality, and it's bound to count come the end of the season!
    what hurt more than anything is we dropped 2 points per game in the last minute of each game. 2 points out of 9 is not good enough even if the performances in 2 of those games was very good

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I couldn’t believe what I was seeing either I was flabbergasted and I was thinking spurs were on for the league, I still quietly fancy them with the team they have

Lucas Digne will get banned for 10 games for that. Disgusting.

Master
    Shocking!

It wasn’t pretty , but he’s not getting banned for 10 games .

Arteta out! All is forgiven Arsene ;)

Nice to get back to winning ways, still more than a few players to return as well, the schedule is madness though

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mattleicester View Post
    Nice to get back to winning ways, still more than a few players to return as well, the schedule is madness though
    Hear hear, although it really shows without Vardy they struggle a lot, I think Barnes has got to start stepping up into that role potentially And learn how to get in behind as he has more than ample pace

Banned
    another kane and son combination, will this partnership
    break the premier league record of drogba and lampard?
    massive win against a side that are very good at home
    in burnley.

Arsenal were poor again, too much passing around getting nowhere. I think Lacazettes goal should have stood, the keeper was not getting anywhere near it even if Xhaka was not stood there.

Another bad weekend for VAR - not Maguire did not give a pen I have no idea, Laca goal etc.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post

COYS!
    Great isn't it. COYS.

Hmm Pickford dropped but still a tough game for us. My prediction is either a draw or we get beat. I hope I eat my word's but I just don't have any confidence in any game we play at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

I am quite pleasantly surprised

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Le Arse single handedly trying to derail the Save Our Ole campaign .

Blog Entries
    Leeds are properly overhyped aren’t they? They were woeful last night…

That media Bielsa love is truly jarring

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Leeds are properly overhyped aren’t they? They were woeful last night…

That media Bielsa love is truly jarring
    As a neutral i enjoyed the game just like schoolboy free flowing football and i also do not buy into the Bielsa hype just comes over a very strange man.