closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

To be fair, that was a weakened Liverpool team, weather conditions weren't good and it wasn't a penalty, but I'm happy to take the result anyway.

If we could beat teams like Fulham at home we should be able to progress, but Europa League at best, I don't see top four.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    With 40 points, both you and Liverpool will probably not get relegated .
    Very good, but the real question is when are you guys going to win the CL. You must be the best team in Europe at present (perhaps Bayern, but I doubt PSG).

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Very good, but the real question is when are you guys going to win the CL. You must be the best team in Europe at present (perhaps Bayern, but I doubt PSG).
    Personally, European games have never really bothered me .
    It’s always been about the domestic game . We will win it eventually, of that I have no doubt , but I’m in no rush .
    It’s usually just for the lads midweek getaway of which the best ones are always found in the Thursday night league . Which Liverpool will soon return to .

The Europa is a killer for most clubs. It's fine for the likes of United and also when Chelsea won it, they are basically CL clubs and have the squads to compete, but for teams like Everton, Fulham and Wolves etc (all in recent years) it basically destroys their season. I would rather win the FA Cup than qualify for the EL, but given the cup draw I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Master
    Personally, European games have never really bothered me .
    It’s always been about the domestic game . We will win it eventually, of that I have no doubt , but I’m in no rush .
    It’s usually just for the lads midweek getaway of which the best ones are always found in the Thursday night league . Which Liverpool will soon return to .
    Nonsense
    No team can be regarded as a real giant until they have won Europe's premier competition.
    That's why PSG try so hard every year.

The Europa is a killer for most clubs. It's fine for the likes of United and also when Chelsea won it, they are basically CL clubs and have the squads to compete, but for teams like Everton, Fulham and Wolves etc (all in recent years) it basically destroys their season. I would rather win the FA Cup than qualify for the EL, but given the cup draw I'm not holding my breath on that one.
    I just hope that Everton get to spend their money, especially with the new stadium beckoning.
    Ancelotti is a huge draw and the future looks very good .
    For the record, if you beat us in the next round , I won’t be too bothered and hope you go on to win the thing . It’s been far too long since Everton were successful.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Nonsense
    No team can be regarded as a real giant until they have won Europe's premier competition.
    It's a City thing to not be bothered about winning the CL. Boo to UEFA etc.

Of course they want to win it.

Master
    In other news, whatever happened to the Big Sam bounce?
    Is the job to finally retire the old duffer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Nonsense
    Which is why I put” personally “at the beginning of the post.
    Of course City want to win it.
    But the ‘real giant ‘ bit in your post is also a load of crap .
    Could you even begin to name all the ‘giants’ who have won the thing ?

Blog Entries
    Yyeeeesssss!!!

21 years of pain ends here.

40 points as well, flip flop time

It's too much for the nerves. I can get back to watching Leicester, Leeds and Wolves now, far more enjoyable.
    Must’ve been great?

Wolves are horrific to watch and play…. The most boring side in the league maybe?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Pickford played a blinder last night.

My dad has put it down to his blue nose mate striking a deal with god as he passed away early Saturday.

Master
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, that was a weakened Liverpool team, weather conditions weren't good and it wasn't a penalty, but I'm happy to take the result anyway.

If we could beat teams like Fulham at home we should be able to progress, but Europa League at best, I don't see top four.
    Disagree pen all day long for me DCL was caught, which the slow camera picked up and MOD pundits agreed with. All the same great result for Everton at last

ahhh what could've been Bale

Great result for West Ham! Picking up points when not playing your best is always a good sign.

Tough run of games ahead though, can they keep it up?

Top 10 definitely achievable but Europe?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Great result for West Ham! Picking up points when not playing your best is always a good sign.

Tough run of games ahead though, can they keep it up?

Top 10 definitely achievable but Europe?
    You keep going Europe’s on the cards…. You’ve been looking good

Sterling performance again .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    This.

He'll get next season then Gerrard will come in from Rangers IMHO

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Don’t think Gerrard will take over from Klopp. Gerrard will take over from the guy that replaces Klopp.

Oh Leicester .
    What’s happened ? Don’t cock up Champions League again !

Blog Entries
    Oh Leicester .
    What’s happened ? Don’t cock up Champions League again !

Don’t!!!

We’re not Liverpool so our injuries don’t count…. It’s getting effing ridiculous now…. We look shattered yesterday and had nothing…. Vardy still not fully over his groin issue either…

We still have 5 points on Chelsea... need w response against Burnley

Blog Entries
    “ We still have 5 points on Chelsea “ who were pathetic yet again against MU who themselves offered nothing and came for a draw and the best that OGS could offer they lost two points over a VAR decision.
    Whoever recruits at my club needs to go tho Specsavers as our latest batch of overpriced useless wannabes are pathetic no more so than Werner who is much a EPL striker as a chocolate teapot.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

I thought it was a nice touch by Sky to show Sunday pub team football instead of the Premier League yesterday .

Lambert gone! Happy days indeed.

COYB!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Lambert gone! Happy days indeed.

COYB!
    I’m old enough to remember the likes of Arnold Muhren and Frans Thijssen turning out for Ipswich with Bobby Robson in charge. Those two players had such an influence on the English game. Muhren was a European Cup winner by the time he arrived at Portman Road.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I’m old enough to remember the likes of Arnold Muhren and Frans Thijssen turning out for Ipswich with Bobby Robson in charge. Those two players had such an influence on the English game. Muhren was a European Cup winner by the time he arrived at Portman Road.
    Same here - they were great days but it's been all downhill since... Anyway, we've got Paul Cook in as manager now and there are rumours of a takeover so hopefully things are looking up after god knows how many years of mediocrity.

COYB!

Me too - as a youngster I remember Ipswich had a fantastic team in 1981 and I remember them beating St Etienne 4-1 away in one of the the UEFA Cup rounds - the first time the French team had been beaten at home for I don't know how long. You also had Paul Mariner, Alan Brazil and John Wark, who signed for Liverpool a few years later. I think Ipswich were the first (First Division) team to have so many international players though?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Me too - as a youngster I remember Ipswich had a fantastic team in 1981 and I remember them beating St Etienne 4-1 away in one of the the UEFA Cup rounds - the first time the French team had been beaten at home for I don't know how long. You also had Paul Mariner, Alan Brazil and John Wark, who signed for Liverpool a few years later. I think Ipswich were the first (First Division) team to have so many international players though?
    I miss that era. Money hadn’t ruined the game. Provincial clubs like Ipswich, Derby, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest could compete with the biggest clubs in Europe. Norwich could hold their own against the likes of Bayern Munich. I can’t be arsed with today’s Premiership. Football was better when I was a lad.

...Muhren was a European Cup winner by the time he arrived at Portman Road.
    As was Paul Lambert; he played in the final of the 1996-97 CL for Dortmund, who beat Juve 3-1. He was the first UK player to win with a non-UK team.

Interesting watch-related chat:

'LIVERPOOL star Karl-Heinz Riedle last night revealed how winning the European Cup cost him a pounds 4,000 Rolex watch - to ex-Dortmund team-mate Paul Lambert.

The German striker scored twice as Dortmund beat Juventus 3-1 in the 1997 European Cup final with current Celtic star Lambert pulling the strings in midfield.

But the double strike cost Riedle his watch - after a bet made at the start of the season.

Now Riedle has cheekily promised to give Lambert his latest Rolex if Celtic lift club football's greatest prize this season!

Riedle, who got one over on Lambert in Liverpool's 1-0 win at Celtic Park on Saturday, said: "Yes, it's true that I gave him my watch. It was a bet.

"When we beat Juventus I gave him it. But today he asked me if I will give him the one I am wearing now if Celtic win the championship this season.

"I'm not sure yet. I only bought it two days after I gave him my last one!"

Riedle and Lambert built up a close friendship during their time at Dortmund after the Scot arrived on a free transfer from Motherwell.

But it's clear the Liverpool striker has just as much respect for Lambert the player as Lambert the person.

Riedle, who set up Leonhardson's 36th-minute winner, added: "I've just left the dressing room arm-in-arm with Paul. We had a goot chat.

"When Paul came to Dortmund he was a nobody in Scotland and I think his success has been a big surprise to everyone in your country.

"But Paul impressed me right from the start, as a player and as a person."

From the Mirror 10.08.98.
    ______

​Jim.

It seems Solskjaer was right in January when he said most teams wouldn’t pick up a point at Anfield.

Blog Entries
    Lee…!!!

Leicester city right now

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    As was Paul Lambert; he played in the final of the 1996-97 CL for Dortmund, who beat Juve 3-1. He was the first UK player to win with a non-UK team.

Interesting watch-related chat:

'LIVERPOOL star Karl-Heinz Riedle last night revealed how winning the European Cup cost him a pounds 4,000 Rolex watch - to ex-Dortmund team-mate Paul Lambert.

The German striker scored twice as Dortmund beat Juventus 3-1 in the 1997 European Cup final with current Celtic star Lambert pulling the strings in midfield.

But the double strike cost Riedle his watch - after a bet made at the start of the season.

Now Riedle has cheekily promised to give Lambert his latest Rolex if Celtic lift club football's greatest prize this season!

Riedle, who got one over on Lambert in Liverpool's 1-0 win at Celtic Park on Saturday, said: "Yes, it's true that I gave him my watch. It was a bet.

"When we beat Juventus I gave him it. But today he asked me if I will give him the one I am wearing now if Celtic win the championship this season.

"I'm not sure yet. I only bought it two days after I gave him my last one!"

Riedle and Lambert built up a close friendship during their time at Dortmund after the Scot arrived on a free transfer from Motherwell.

But it's clear the Liverpool striker has just as much respect for Lambert the player as Lambert the person.

Riedle, who set up Leonhardson's 36th-minute winner, added: "I've just left the dressing room arm-in-arm with Paul. We had a goot chat.

"When Paul came to Dortmund he was a nobody in Scotland and I think his success has been a big surprise to everyone in your country.

"But Paul impressed me right from the start, as a player and as a person."

From the Mirror 10.08.98.
    I remember the story of how Paul Lambert acquired that Rolex. I think it was a GMT model. Paul Lambert and Craig Burley really pulled the strings for us in 1997/98.

Master
    Rankers didn’t win the Scottish Premiership today. No, we gifted it to them. Dermot Desmond. Peter Lawwell. Ian Bankier. Neil Lennon. John Kennedy. You had the opportunity to achieve immortality, but you blew it. I despise you one and all.

A long time ago Jock Stein uttered the legendary words, "Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players.” Unfortunately this season has seen those jerseys did shrink to fit this shower of cowards masquerading as Celtic heroes.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Gutted so see the reds in such a state. I hope Jurgen stays and the board back him.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Gutted so see the reds in such a state. I hope Jurgen stays and the board back him.
    I'm heartbroken too.

Master
    I hope Fulham stay up, pleased for Scott Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    It hurts so much......

;)

Although to be fair Klopp is doing a Klopp. One more season of Gegenpressing/player burnout and then King Stevie returns. Of course winning the Scots PL vs an absolute shower of shite in green and white this year is a tad easier than putting Man City to the sword but let's see.

Re my Arsenal - still mediocre. Sign of the times when a point away at Burnley is viewed as 'solid'.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

COYS - a bit surreal still to watch Bale scoring for us...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Lee…!!!

Leicester city right now

Bricking it here Ben !!
    Fraudiola out

Rankers didn’t win the Scottish Premiership today. No, we gifted it to them. Dermot Desmond. Peter Lawwell. Ian Bankier. Neil Lennon. John Kennedy. You had the opportunity to achieve immortality, but you blew it. I despise you one and all.

A long time ago Jock Stein uttered the legendary words, "Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players.” Unfortunately this season has seen those jerseys did shrink to fit this shower of cowards masquerading as Celtic heroes.
    Seriously ?
    Lennon ?

Master
    Seriously ?
    Lennon ?
    Yes, seriously. I’d have had more respect for him if he’d walked after we were dumped out of the Champions League qualifiers. Even after we were crushed twice by Sparta Prague twice in the Europa League. Sometimes you have to admit the job is too big for you. He couldn’t bring himself to say that.

Master

2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Re my Arsenal - still mediocre. Sign of the times when a point away at Burnley is viewed as 'solid'.
    Yep, good luck to Barcelona when Arteta goes there! It says a lot that Arsenal’s best player over the last 12 months has been Martinez.

As for the rest of the teams - if the last couple of weeks are anything to go by this league should be put out of its misery. Some of the most boring football I’ve ever seen. Garbage.

Craftsman

“Once we win one, they will fold like a pack of cards” Dave King May 2018 when Gerrard was appointed.

“Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.”
    Bill Struth Rangers manager 1920 - 1954

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    “Once we win one, they will fold like a pack of cards” Dave King May 2018 when Gerrard was appointed.

“Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.”
    Bill Struth Rangers manager 1920 - 1954
    In fairness, it’s their first major honour in their nine year history.

Craftsman
    In fairness, it’s their first major honour in their nine year history.
    You raging 😂

Master
    You raging 
    https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...872-died-2012/

Not raging at all.

Craftsman
    You are, I can tell 😂 https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...w-club-status/

Master
    You’ve done really well for a club in existence for less than a decade. Celebrate that first ever major honour.

Craftsman
    You’ve done really well for a club in existence for less than a decade. Celebrate that first ever major honour.
    Been on cloud 55 all day

Master
    Been on cloud 55 all day
    It was false accounting that did for your side in the first place. Did they ever pay Susan Thomson (face painter) the forty quid owed to her? There’s also a picture framer in Bearsden waiting for what he’s owed.

Enjoy your first ever title.

Craftsman
    It was false accounting that did for your side in the first place. Did they ever pay Susan Thomson (face painter) the forty quid owed to her? There’s also a picture framer in Bearsden waiting for what he’s owed.

Enjoy your first ever title.
    The hatred in this one is strong!
    Same as your club... not an ounce of dignity!

Master
    The hatred in this one is strong!
    Same as your club... not an ounce of dignity!
    I’m just surprised you can even spell dignity.